What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Good Morning! 5.7 at 0905.
It's cloudy here today, and showers and then heavy rain and thunderstorms predicted as we go into the week. Still warm though, and I can sit on my balcony and watch the thunder and lightning at sea when it arrives.

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all

3d7fc680f83db2a53748363b9bb01ddd.jpg

Wet, dark and gloomy here this morning.

As a result morning walk was cut short before it got going. So no chance to burn down my 6,4 mmol/l morning glucose level. Fortunately I had the foresight to fit in a walk last night so at least my total distance walked so far this month is still fine.

Better stay dry inside and enjoy the sight of the rain. Morning walk can wait.

ff032285b6d4434cc9adc5cae3a3370c.jpg

At least my garden will be grateful for the rain.

eec106ca08152e7ede45c72fbcfacd80.jpg

dde10bd9a02aa612f8624fa4e2aa62ab.jpg

e22250776b6c70debd47db9405db6b79.jpg

e26231eb49950a45d109c325575af1b4.jpg

As for this beautiful veriagated form of bugenvilea, it comes with its own summer sunshine built in

6eef8fb8f5e0344da7b665d8cdb6650c.jpg

Have a great Sunday everybody.

Pavlos

Last edited:
D

Diabeticliberty

Hallo allemaal, mijn wonderbaarlijke diabetische flowerpower-kinderen. This morning a very large and very hairy brown spider lowered itself from my bedroom ceiling and onto my nose. In its web I saw it had woven the number 3.3 and my blood sugars are 3.3mmols this morning. The furry fiend went on to bite my nose. The question now is will I become a wall crawling superhero or just get tetanus? Please discuss. Enjoy your Sunday to all of you from all of me.

Last edited by a moderator:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... freezing here...heating full on...reasonable sleep...considering we spent most of last evening reassuring poor Harry (dog) the fireworks were nothing to worry about...no doubt more this evening...hurrah...can't wait:arghh::arghh::arghh:...more coffee needed...woke to a 4.7

rosajean

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi, rosajean. Most of us on the forum are not medical experts and can only share our experiences in the hope of helping others. Gliclazide can cause hypos. Your score of 4.4 was not technically a hypo but you can still feel the shakes etc at that level. I am also taking Metformin and Gliclazide. My dose of Gliclazide was increased a while ago as my HbA1c had gone up but I was also cutting down my carbs and increasing my exercise so I started having hypos. I rang my GP's surgery and they reduced my dose. I have been fine since. That's why I suggested contacting your medical team. Early days for you. I'm sure you will be fine. Best wishes.:)
Thanks

Reactions: Ymdawd

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Good morning everyone
BG today 6.1
Considering we went out for lunch which was absolutely lovely, salmon on a bed of vegetables and I had just two small potatoes. Cup coffee and a non alcoholic Mojito
Evening meal around 7.30 porky chop egg sweet potato oven chips cup tea glass water
Over eaten on sweet potato chips but they are good. K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning all. The skies are dark grey and it's raining outside -- no fun.

Blood sugars were 5.4 today.
Hi Ziggy weather same here hope it clears up was hoping to go out again today before hubby has to go to work tonight,hate these working patterns. K

Reactions: ziggy_w

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
6.2 foŕ me today going bk to bed got banging headache underestimated insulin for tea last night bgs sky high had to do correction dose have a good day all
Hi Karen like philchap I do hope your feeling better soon XK

Reactions: karen8967

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning 5.1Ifeel I'm in some kind of "other universe".So far in the last two days on the way to the highlands have seen two wonderful firework displays plus yesterday met FatherChristmas plus his reindeer on top of Cairngorm! None of this planned!What will today hold?Am I in the same timezone as the rest of the U.K.???..............Just to add,he really was the real Father Christmas,as were the reindeer,beautiful animals were being fed,but met FC in the cafe and he immediately went into character when a wee boy ran to him and took him over to meet his granny and parents.Amagical moment!.........I can still see that wee boys excited face,it made my day!

Last edited:

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning all

3d7fc680f83db2a53748363b9bb01ddd.jpg

Wet, dark and gloomy here this morning.

As a result morning walk was cut short before it got going. So no chance to burn down my 6,4 mmol/l morning glucose level. Fortunately I had the foresight to fit in a walk last night so at least my total distance walked so far this month is still fine.

Better stay dry inside and enjoy the sight of the rain. Morning walk can wait.

ff032285b6d4434cc9adc5cae3a3370c.jpg

At least my garden will be grateful for the rain.

eec106ca08152e7ede45c72fbcfacd80.jpg

dde10bd9a02aa612f8624fa4e2aa62ab.jpg

e22250776b6c70debd47db9405db6b79.jpg

e26231eb49950a45d109c325575af1b4.jpg

As for this beautiful veriagated form of bugenvilea, it comes with its own summer sunshine built in

6eef8fb8f5e0344da7b665d8cdb6650c.jpg

Have a great Sunday everybody.

Pavlos
Hi Pavlosn weather here is just the same wet and miserable,I'm hoping it will clear for later would like to go out with husband!K

Reactions: pavlosn