What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Max was with The Emotions - I do like a bit of reggae
In my late teens, we spent occasional nights in the city. One of the more in places had reggae nights, as well as soul nights etc. Very popular. And of course there was Top Ranking which was by St George's and Lime street.

The Emotions I enjoy listening to was a early sixties Motown band. Not aware of any reggae tunes?

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
What can you say, it's like a January storm out there. Freezing, very windy and wet!
I sat in that (under cover) watching my lot having a points giveaway.
Mrs L is also cold. And wants today over.
I am in full sympathy mode.
Pork shoulder, side salad.
It It could have been cold shoulder and a side swipe, when I questioned what she had on.
Not warm enough!

My best wishes to you all as always!

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all from :Little America where the sky is beautifully clear and an amazing bright blue but the wind makes it bitterly cold. No fbg to report - I must enrich Abbott soon but CUH slip A1cs into some monthly bloods and one must be due soon anyhow. Stressful afternoon for JKP yesterday and busy day today for her and the two local boys. After six months of chasing a solicitor for a completion date (MIL's property) she had a phone call mid afternoon saying the buyer wants to complete today. Local company had arranged to clear the property for free (thought they'd sell most and dispose of the rest) on Sunday - all licences checked - but their van was broken so could she wait?. As no completion date was arranged at that stage no worry - she thought. After several phone calls and a blistering email to a solicitor in Manchester a container is now booked, a builder's van acquired and two large sons booked for a day. Completion on Monday. @dunelm thanks for sharing Mt Toblerone. @Annb what a kind woman you are. @Krystyna23040 good news on all the photos. @gennepher I hope today is less stressful for you @Lamont D I hope today isn't too stressful. Take care.everyone.
A very very stressful day for JKP @ianpspurs. She must have been so relieved when it was all sorted.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
In my late teens, we spent occasional nights in the city. One of the more in places had reggae nights, as well as soul nights etc. Very popular. And of course there was Top Ranking which was by St George's and Lime street.

The Emotions I enjoy listening to was an early sixties Motown band. Not aware of any reggae tunes?
Different band - When I was in my last two years in school, in Forest Hill, I used to go to a place in Catford called The Witchdoctor Club with a load of Jamaican school kids. The place just played reggae and Ska. Here you go —

Attachments

• IMG_5806.jpeg
    IMG_5806.jpeg
    275.9 KB · Views: 33

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on an overcast start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north. 5.3 this am. Two trips into town yesterday so over 7 miles registered. Girl in the bubble stayed over last night and already ‘we’ have read a book and she is now doing a jigsaw with Mrs Miggins, searching for corners and edges - phew! We will later go for a walk before taking her home at mid day. Nothing else on the cards for today. Art bit - mixed media - watercolour paint and ink. Hope you have a pleasant Sunday. I need more koffy.

1711270768697.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on an overcast start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north. 5.3 this am. Two trips into town yesterday so over 7 miles registered. Girl in the bubble stayed over last night and already ‘we’ have read a book and she is now doing a jigsaw with Mrs Miggins, searching for corners and edges - phew! We will later go for a walk before taking her home at mid day. Nothing else on the cards for today. Art bit - mixed media - watercolour paint and ink. Hope you have a pleasant Sunday. I need more koffy.

View attachment 66888
Great mixed media art bit @dunelm

Peanut234

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Have not been on here for a while. Wheels have fallen off.
Morning blood sugar 10 point something even though I have been steadily increasing the basal insulin.
Over dealing with this on my own, just increasing basal doesn't seem to be working.
Have requested appointment with the diabetes endocrinologist.
Am a bit grumpy, but then again am currently at 17.6, so that could explain it:mad:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all on Palm Sunday 2024 in Little America and most probably where you are unless you are on Christmas Island or similar. In which case why aren't you asleep? @dunelm thanks for sharing the splendid, reassuringly solid looking art. Busy day yesterday, how is the back faring? @gennepher thanks for sharing the playful creative which suggests a more upbeat mood. @Krystyna23040 enjoy the water gardens. Yesterday wasn't much less stressful for JKP. The boys decided to use the builders' van and RR to ferry things to the local recycling centre and the Thetford one - local one wouldn't accept the van with the logo - and charity shops. Nine hours yesterday and back again today. Facebook came in handy as they advertised a house clearance with images. US service families spotted a chance to grab free furniture and UK electrical goods. Meanwhile, my role was to keep MIL here to avoid a heated three generational difference of opinion about how we might fit even more "essential" ephemera into this house since we are muggles. Hopefully the duck today will be as pleasing to JKP and MIL as they hope. I'll just smile and wave. Peace be with you all.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all on Palm Sunday 2024 in Little America and most probably where you are unless you are on Christmas Island or similar. In which case why aren't you asleep? @dunelm thanks for sharing the splendidly reassuringly solid looking art. Busy day yesterday, how is the back faring? @gennepher thanks for sharing the playful creative which suggests a more upbeat mood. @Krystyna23040 enjoy the water gardens. Yesterday wasn't much less stressful for JKP. The boys decided to use the builders' van and RR to ferry things to the local recycling centre and the Thetford one - local one wouldn't accept the van with the logo - and charity shops. Nine hours yesterday and back again today. Facebook came in handy as they advertised a house clearance with images. US service families spotted a chance to grab free furniture and UK electrical goods. Meanwhile, my role was to occupy MIL to avoid a heated three generational difference of opinion about how we might fit even more "essential" ephemera into this house since we are muggles. Hopefully the duck today will be as pleasing to JKP and MIL as they hope. I'll just smile and wave. Peace be with you all.
Thank you Ian