Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiskymark

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Before bed was 6.2. I didn't test after dinner as I was out. I seem to get those not-to-good feelings at around 5.5 and below. Going to test again in half an hour which will be two hours after lunch.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, the difference between 6.2 at bedtime and 8.3 on waking is quite significant! I can only suggest a rather large liver dump. Maybe others will have some ideas. (you did test immediately on getting up I assume?)

Reactions: 2 people

whiskymark

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well, the difference between 6.2 at bedtime and 8.3 on waking is quite significant! I can only suggest a rather large liver dump. Maybe others will have some ideas. (you did test immediately on getting up I assume?)

Yes. Off to search for 'liver dump' ;)

Marko723

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 out of bed this morning.:( Been creeping up since my 4.8 a few days back. Not eating any different. Been out side a lot more in the heat the last few days. Couple times let myself get a little too dehydrated. Have to pay more attention to that.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 4 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today I didn't test my bloods at breakfast time. Well, to be honest I couldn't decide how I would determine when my fasting level would be; partly due to not really fasting (7ish hour flight, and you know how the food comes......), and the in-flight breakfast being serves at 04:30, which was actually 23:30 body time. So, I gave myself a break on the basis I should have been OK.

I was curious to test around my in-flight meal last night, which was a pre-ordered diabetic meal. I did actually agree with myself I wouldn't bother asking for a diabetic meal after last time, but sort of forgot. Ooops. So, the following is my meal:

photo 1.JPG

And this is the debris, once I had finished.

photo 2.JPG

I was 4.1 after. I hadn't tested before, which is unlike my usually structured approach, but my meal was suddenly upon me, and I didn't want to go wandering off to test at the last minute. Anyway, I was 4.1 after 2 hours, so we'll call that no damage.

Both dinner and breakfast ordinary meals had options I would have considered to be at least as diabetic friendly. For example, the normal meal had a salad leaves starter, as did the diabetic option, but the diabetic option for 50%, by volume pasta. The saving grace is that although both meals had carbs, the portion sizes were modest.

But, that's me back in UK. I'm pretty shattered today as I hardly slept overnight. I'm feeling very cold, which I am sure is also the fatigue impacting too. Sometimes I just don't understand myself. I am now awaiting as internet shopping delivery for get myself going, but why oh why did I find it to be crucial to defrost the freezer today?!?? Actually, it was party due to the freezer not being too full, and quite a decent opportunity. I haven't ordered any frozen food for delivery, but I will be freezing some of the fresh, so it's back on, and coming back down to temp.

Happy days.

Reactions: 9 people

paulins

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Feeling I can never eat anything sweet again or anything with carbs. But thought of diabetes complications scares me more so it is a no brainer!
4.6 today.

paulins

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Feeling I can never eat anything sweet again or anything with carbs. But thought of diabetes complications scares me more so it is a no brainer!
welcome home @AndBreathe Good readings after norma food at odd times.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks both. Those three grapes were my first since diagnosis. I'd had everything else, one way or another, so wasn't too concerned about it.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
welcome home. Wrap up warm as even I, as a Geordie, have noticed a chill in the air after the weeks of being too hot.

paulins

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Welcome Mandingo - lots of good advice in these threads to help you deal with diabetes.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After a very naughty day of eating party food and sweets from the candy table at the Baby Shower party I held for my daughter yesterday, this morning it is 6.6 again. I think my meter is stuck! :)

Reactions: 7 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning Ally. Are you seeing any trends in your readings at the moment? DO you record them in a spreadsheet or something?

My gut feel is things are moving in the right direction?

Status
Not open for further replies.