Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
5.0 precisely this morning. Up early and noticed my girls had been busy
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1418976755.667396.jpg

Off to work have a super day all

Reactions: 22 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Good stuff Pavlovsdog. Me - pre-jab was 8.1 mmol/l, better than yesterday woo hoo.

Reactions: 11 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That's great bs without meds. Well Done! :)
Did the gp say why he's stopping the Forxiga?
Morning rose! I did start a new thread about my GPS "confused and unsettled"- I went to ask advice on waking during the night hot and heart racing, and noticing thinning hair- check the threading you get chance rather than me take over this thread!! I think his theory is probably with my hba1c self in October being non-diabetic range......but nurse at the time was happy to leave me on it until next review in april

Reactions: 6 people
S

Sable_Jan

Morning rose! I did start a new thread about my GPS "confused and unsettled"- I went to ask advice on waking during the night hot and heart racing, and noticing thinning hair- check the threading you get chance rather than me take over this thread!! I think his theory is probably with my hba1c self in October being non-diabetic range......but nurse at the time was happy to leave me on it until next review in april
That does sound strange

Reactions: 2 people

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
Well I got sO carried away with my low numbers yesterday I threw caution to the wind. USEFUL to bring me back down to earth with a bang.
I got caught up in a meeting and couldn't get lunch. So when I arrived home at about 3.00 pm. There was nothing quick to eat, I spotted some fat chips my daughter had made, One wouldn't make any difference, now that I was "low numbers Diabetes SUPERMAN" Spring roll looked nice, I'll have that as well, finally, go on then I'll have a toasted cheese sandwich on white bread...bring it on.....numbers after 1 hour 8.2...after 2 hours 9.5. I realise now I am just a normal type 2 diabetic man. Good enough for me...LOL

Reactions: 16 people
S

Sable_Jan

4.9 for me this morning. Going to be a busy one so am being naughty and having two toast again, well 2 minus the bit that I'd had with the other 2 yesterday. The top "curve" had broken off - wonder if that was the "straw" that broke the camels back" ie the additional spike yesterday.....

I know, could've had just one wth cheese on but can't do that in toaster ;-)

Reactions: 12 people

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
Well I got sO carried away with my low numbers yesterday I threw caution to the wind. USEFUL to bring me back down to earth with a bang.
I got caught up in a meeting and couldn't get lunch. So when I arrived home at about 3.00 pm. There was nothing quick to eat, I spotted some fat chips my daughter had made, One wouldn't make any difference, now that I was "low numbers Diabetes SUPERMAN" Spring roll looked nice, I'll have that as well, finally, go on then I'll have a toasted cheese sandwich on white bread...bring it on.....numbers after 1 hour 8.2...after 2 hours 9.5. I realise now I am just a normal type 2 diabetic man. Good enough for me...LOL
Oh and 6.2 this morning

Reactions: 13 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Spot on 5 this morning- had gone to bed on 5.3
This afternoon I have the annual Christmas party at my mums care home, really going to be a touch awkward about the buffet.....I have mentioned to mum to tell them I will have meat and cheese only! Even contemplating taking my own selection!!

Reactions: 12 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn

Yep ... welcome to a reality beatdise .... bu great you can laugh about it mate. Back on the horse :)

Mike

Reactions: 7 people
S

Sable_Jan

Spot on 5 this morning- had gone to bed on 5.3
This afternoon I have the annual Christmas party at my mums care home, really going to be a touch awkward about the buffet.....I have mentioned to mum to tell them I will have meat and cheese only! Even contemplating taking my own selection!!
Maybe eat before you go if you can. We did that at the Agility Dogs Xmas party... Have a nice time with your Mum x

Reactions: 2 people

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
Yep ... welcome to a reality beatdise .... bu great you can laugh about it mate. Back on the horse :)

Mike
When you know the games up MIke...you know the games up...you have to laugh about it,....its great to be able to share it with all the great people on here...my kids think I'm nuts sometimes....which I choose to be....It was a bit like when I was a kid and I used to think I could get away with stuff and in the end my father would say you are only fooling yourself...of course thats true

Reactions: 5 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Got mine online from Chorley Healthfood Store but that's few yrs ago. Was for one of dogs
Thanks Jan I will have a look at that. Clinic was ok yesterday lung function not great but keep going. I go in to hospital on 26th Jan for broncoscopy and to sort my drain/ shunt out .

Reactions: 6 people
Status
Not open for further replies.