Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.8 here. The tickly sore throat finally turned into whatever nasty before Xmas bug it always wanted to be so now snuffy, achey and still in bed. So much to do too!!

Reactions: 10 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.8 here. The tickly sore throat finally turned into whatever nasty before Xmas bug it always wanted to be so now snuffy, achey and still in bed. So much to do too!!
Well, I don't really "like" this of course!! Hope you feel better soon C E

Reactions: 3 people

seasidegirl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 for me this morning. Going to be a busy one so am being naughty and having two toast again, well 2 minus the bit that I'd had with the other 2 yesterday. The top "curve" had broken off - wonder if that was the "straw" that broke the camels back" ie the additional spike yesterday.....

I know, could've had just one wth cheese on but can't do that in toaster ;-)

seasidegirl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi - read your comment about adding cheese - you could always use a toaster bag - a quick and easy
way to make a more substantial feeling meal - hope I'm not teaching you to "suck eggs."

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
I truly empathize C E, I'm just shifting my cold.

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Never mind wrapping presents Ethyl, wrap yourself up, I recommend a 15 tog duvet lol...oh then warm drinkies

Reactions: 4 people
S

Sable_Jan

Thanks Jan I will have a look at that. Clinic was ok yesterday lung function not great but keep going. I go in to hospital on 26th Jan for broncoscopy and to sort my drain/ shunt out .
Liked, but not in the fact you need the op. Good thing you're getting sorted though :)

Reactions: 2 people
S

Sable_Jan

Hi - read your comment about adding cheese - you could always use a toaster bag - a quick and easy
way to make a more substantial feeling meal - hope I'm not teaching you to "suck eggs."
Not at all. The very strange thing is though had you said that yesterday I would have had to ask what they were; today however with a knowledge gained during a shop at B&M yesterday where I saw them I know what they are :D. It said 99p but presuming there is more than one in the pack?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I got sO carried away with my low numbers yesterday I threw caution to the wind. USEFUL to bring me back down to earth with a bang.
I got caught up in a meeting and couldn't get lunch. So when I arrived home at about 3.00 pm. There was nothing quick to eat, I spotted some fat chips my daughter had made, One wouldn't make any difference, now that I was "low numbers Diabetes SUPERMAN" Spring roll looked nice, I'll have that as well, finally, go on then I'll have a toasted cheese sandwich on white bread...bring it on.....numbers after 1 hour 8.2...after 2 hours 9.5. I realise now I am just a normal type 2 diabetic man. Good enough for me...LOL

Yep. We are all still diabetics, no matter how well controlled we are on our personal diets, once we transgress, back up we go. No getting away from it.

Although enzymes play a part. When we low carb we need less natural insulin, so we produce less natural insulin. Then if we have a sudden binge on carbs, our bodies aren't expecting it and still produce less insulin. Too little insulin for the carbs equals high blood sugars. It takes a few days for our bodies to learn to cope with additional carbs and produce more insulin.

Reactions: 6 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 at bedtime
5.6 this morning

My liver still doesn't like low numbers at bedtime. Whenever I go to bed on 5 or less it bumps me up. I guess it knows best. I'm happy.

Reactions: 14 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.8 this morning....

No idea what the rest of the day will bring as I forgot my meter... Funnily once I got over the panic of what am I gonna do without it... I suddenly felt very free... even my fingers tips seem more relaxed lol I wont be able to test again until bed time as I am off out with my sisters tonight straight from work. We are going out for dinner and a few drinks, kind of like a pre-christmas get together. So even if I wanted to use the excuse that no meter means I don't have to worry about what I eat, I wont be allowed to be naughty as my sisters will keep me in check as will the red wine or vodka I plan to drink.

Have a great day everyone..

Reactions: 13 people

bookmite

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Haven't tested this morning yet, ...not so ashamedly , we end up having a very late night, after watching telly we started singing Christmas carols in bed, then decided to have jack Daniels , which led to the munchies, so the ham and cheese sarnies and hoola hoops appeared , followed by a naughty dessert ...it's great when your teenage kids tell you off for partying late into the night :)

Life's good ...off to York Minster now and the Christmas market, I'll take my meter with me

Have a great day guys

Reactions: 12 people

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
4.7 after my walk and no bitter gourd this morning either....the finishing line song midway during my walk on SPOTIFY was very poignant....
Jimmy Cliffs "MANY RIVERS TO CROSS" someone trying to tell me something. What timing...view below of Windsor Castle in the distance...

upload_2014-12-19_10-37-48.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2014-12-19_10-35-30.jpeg
    upload_2014-12-19_10-35-30.jpeg
    5.3 KB · Views: 160
Reactions: 5 people
Status
Not open for further replies.