Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes indeed! Thank you.

I hope you have a good date and lunch on Sunday. I'm finding I'm now able to reintroduce a few carbs around lunchtime very occasionally without spiking. I hope you can too with your fab results. You'll have dates beating a path to your door with your weightloss!
I'm not quiet ready to add back in yet as still aiming for another size down ultimately and still quite rigid with my daily limit I set myself! I've increased my exercise though and yesterday fitted in three good exercise bike sessions, so when I do slightly add back some carbs it should balance out with the bike sessions!

Reactions: 10 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Just seen prof and asthma nurse i AM been DISCHARGED later after physio with new meds and oxygen concentrator for use over night about 10hrs a day. LET ME. OUT OF HERE :):):):):):):):):):) Blood results sugar this morning 6.9

Reactions: 22 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Just seen prof and asthma nurse i AM been DISCHARGED later after physio with new meds and oxygen concentrator for use over night about 10hrs a day. LET ME. OUT OF HERE :):):):):):):):):):) Blood results sugar this morning 6.9
Well done , good for you !!

Reactions: 5 people

s_k_s

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.2 this morning which can probably be put down to me forgetting my medication last night.

Reactions: 14 people

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 before dinner
5.9 after 2 hour only had chicken and broccoli soup home made so nothing in it except black pepper and salt
5.8 fasting

So I have come into 5's but I have had no carbs (well almost) in last 3 days now.
Really want to reduce my weight as its going to about 80 from 70 when diagnosed but I dont know what to do
I cant eat less than what I am already eating right now
I have not had bread lowcarb or high carb for 2+ months
there is no pasta or rice on menu
rice may be once in a month a few spoons of it
I think my breakfast is heaviest which it should be its 1 egg 1 bacon and mushrooms
Lunch is now soup or even normally veggies and dinner is some protein like chicken or lamb with one indian bread each and some nuts to keep me going if i get too hungry
Am i eating too much carbs here, I am also going to have to reduce my fat intake, although its only butter in morning as egg bacon and mushrooms are made in butter but thats it.
As far as exercise is concerned i walk about 2 to 2.5 miles everyday

Reactions: 6 people

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 is good tho - keep lentil soup in your diet....
Hi Sable

My range was low to mid 5's which has gone to late 5's and 6's
really disappointed with my readings lately, I am comfortable with my old readings but now I dont go below 5.8ish anyways so the only way is up after I have had a very low carb meal unless I just have water all the time :)

Reactions: 5 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@brettsza I don't know what your portions are like, but I wonder if you are eating enough of everything, including fat? Are you calorie counting? With such a low carb consumption you need a lot of fat or your body will go in to starvation mode, you won't lose weight and your liver will keep your glucose levels up as you haven't eaten enough energy promoting foods. Try increasing your fat for a while and see what happens.

Reactions: 7 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 after a really bad night. In so much pain that I eventually plucked up courage to ring GP. Spoke to lovely lady GP who said it may be the Metformin so I have to stop it ( I had actually stopped it last Thursday as it was beginning to worry me) and that it may take up to 4 weeks or so to clear from system. Otherwise I'll have to have bloods done to rule out other things ( I suspect it's the Met as it feels like lactic acid build up - like when your limbs burn on a cross country run.) on the up side though my last HbA1c was back and it's 5.8 so she was very pleased and talked about having driven fat out etc. even made a note on my file that I low carb. Hopefully shifting a bit more weight will lower it further but I'm quite pleased with that given I've had a stinking cold the day of the test and my sugar levels were higher that week.

Reactions: 13 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 after a really bad night. In so much pain that I eventually plucked up courage to ring GP. Spoke to lovely lady GP who said it may be the Metformin so I have to stop it ( I had actually stopped it last Thursday as it was beginning to worry me) and that it may take up to 4 weeks or so to clear from system. Otherwise I'll have to have bloods done to rule out other things ( I suspect it's the Met as it feels like lactic acid build up - like when your limbs burn on a cross country run.) on the up side though my last HbA1c was back and it's 5.8 so she was very pleased and talked about having driven fat out etc. even made a note on my file that I low carb. Hopefully shifting a bit more weight will lower it further but I'm quite pleased with that given I've had a stinking cold the day of the test and my sugar levels were higher that week.

I'm so sorry you are having such problems. Hopefully stopping the Met will help once it's out of your system. That HbA1c is WONDERFUL and so well deserved. You probably don't need the Met now anyway. Well done Ethyl with your HbA1c. I'm so pleased for you :)

Reactions: 10 people
S

Sable_Jan

WOOHOO!!!! :playful::playful::playful::playful::playful: Wonderful news....................................

Reactions: 4 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm so sorry you are having such problems. Hopefully stopping the Met will help once it's out of your system. That HbA1c is WONDERFUL and so well deserved. You probably don't need the Met now anyway. Well done Ethyl with your HbA1c. I'm so pleased for you :)

Thank you . I think it is the met as it was always worse a few hours after taking it and even with the SR version I could predict when it would start. She did say it might be polymyalgia rheumatica but didn't think my symptoms matched that really either as I don't have muscle aches in right places and it's more common over 60. Her best guess was to dump the meds and wait and see if I feel better. Anyway she said I don't need it as my levels show I've improved my insulin resistance and further weight loss will help that even more. She'd even heard of Roy Taylor so I guess I'm swapping to her from my current male GP.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Great news. Bet you can't wait xxx

S

Sable_Jan

Hi Sable

My range was low to mid 5's which has gone to late 5's and 6's
really disappointed with my readings lately, I am comfortable with my old readings but now I dont go below 5.8ish anyways so the only way is up after I have had a very low carb meal unless I just have water all the time :)
But 5.8 is good enough for a pre-prandial.......a non-diabetic pre-prandial at that. :) Be careful you eat enough in a day because if your calorie intake is too low your body will got into @starvation@ mode and you will probably lose less weight.......not more.......try increasing your fat and protein - many have found that they are still losing weight on quite a high fat intake when on VLC meals
Take care

Reactions: 2 people

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@brettsza I don't know what your portions are like, but I wonder if you are eating enough of everything, including fat? Are you calorie counting? With such a low carb consumption you need a lot of fat or your body will go in to starvation mode, you won't lose weight and your liver will keep your glucose levels up as you haven't eaten enough energy promoting foods. Try increasing your fat for a while and see what happens.
Hi BT

My portion sizes are not massive, 4 mushrooms in the morning a bowl of soup or a small bowl of lentils or chicken, they are not laced with fat to be honest as I am gaining weight so reduced butter in them but with such low car and medium fat I expected to loose a little so came down to soups now which has 1 scraping of butter for 3 or 4 times of soup and low carb too
As far as starvation mode is concerned I should still be able to loose weight on that shouldnt I
My stomach is rock hard may be coz of metformin and my eyes are burning and since I am into IT this does not help a bit as I am staring into the screen all day long but I increased from one screen to two to reduce the strain.
I called the GP yesterday and I told him I need appointment as my eyes are burning and my stomach is very hard, they said closest is after 3 weeks coz next two weeks are completely booked.
I also thought few weeks ago I might have IBS as i have pain in stomach and I wanted to get the slow release version of metformin but docs in my area are too busy, they do not want to give appointment for the third week and they do not have anything available for next two.

S

Sable_Jan

Snap, hadn't seen your reply when I posted mine.......

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you . I think it is the met as it was always worse a few hours after taking it and even with the SR version I could predict when it would start. She did say it might be polymyalgia rheumatica but didn't think my symptoms matched that really either as I don't have muscle aches in right places and it's more common over 60. Her best guess was to dump the meds and wait and see if I feel better. Anyway she said I don't need it as my levels show I've improved my insulin resistance and further weight loss will help that even more. She'd even heard of Roy Taylor so I guess I'm swapping to her from my current male GP.
Big well done on the hba1c CE!! Sorry to hear you are struggling in other ways though. Sounds like you have stumbled across a gem in the doctor, hope you get to stick with her now. Try and keep warm and hope things improve.
Lousy day here and terrible night for my daughter....never rains but pours!

Status
Not open for further replies.