Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 this morning which is good considering I had a Chinese last night consisting of sweet and sour chicken, beef strips with chilli sauce, chicken chow mein and spring roll and went to bed at 6.4 3 hours after eating it (was 8.5 at 1 hour and 7.3 at 2 hours so it was on it's way down). Didn't test before because I had no intention of testing after but curiosity and bravado got the better of me!!

Reactions: 14 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
That's fantastic Daphne whenever I have a Chinese takeaway I go sky high unless I have seaweed and no rice or noddles. I am OK with home made Chinese and I little rice unless its brown rice, wild rice is also OK for me.

Reactions: 2 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6 this morning after I'd got up and seen to cats, laid cooker and lot it and made a brew. It's rubbish M r Ethyl being away.

Reactions: 15 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
First reading 6.3 but 2 minutes later it was 6.8. I didn't trust the 6.3 after the granola high last night so did it again to validate. Taking comfort from both readings being lower than 7.

Reactions: 8 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
First reading 6.3 but 2 minutes later it was 6.8. I didn't trust the 6.3 after the granola high last night so did it again to validate. Taking comfort from both readings being lower than 7.
That's fine ..... proves a point I guess. Staying under the 7s is great work :)

Silver Hammer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 this morning, which is surprisingly high for me. Could it be the excessese of Friday night catching up with me? Alternatively I bruised my ribs yesterday in a go carting incident (yes, I know - should know better!), can something like this affect levels at all?

Maxwell

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
6.0 outside my normal fives.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
As you should be Dibbs :) Mornin' to ya! ")

Reactions: 10 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Big hugs CE your never lonely with everyone on here to chat to :)
Ahhh, very true...:) On the other hand, we can't light the stove for Mrs E... :(

Reactions: 6 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
5.7 this morning, which is surprisingly high for me. Could it be the excessese of Friday night catching up with me? Alternatively I bruised my ribs yesterday in a go carting incident (yes, I know - should know better!), can something like this affect levels at all?

Maxwell
Yes it can ...... pain and associated stress does with me. 5.7 is still great but I know your numbers very well and understand why you're disappointed

S

Sable_Jan

Thanks pavlovsdog. My yoghurt was Rachel's organic Greek Style coconut at 10.4g carbs per 100g. Tonight I used Morrison's own plain Greek Style at 5.1g per 100g.(but got a much worse reading with the same Granola and frozen berries). I'll give both your suggestions a try. My next yoghurt is Fage Total.at 3.8 per 100g.
I like that Sainsburys one but wth being a big pot I get stuck in with the spoon and find myself halfway down in no time at all so the 5gs turns out to be abt 15. Apple crumble for breakfast with squirty cream like today is even worse. Needed eating up ;) and I am going to be walking two of the dogs...

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
I like that Sainsburys one but wth being a big pot I get stuck in with the spoon and find myself halfway down in no time at all so the 5gs turns out to be abt 15. Apple crumble for breakfast with squirty cream like today is even worse. Needed eating up ;) and I am going to be walking two of the dogs...
That's exactly what happens to me, so I buy the little pots - my conscience won't let me open another one if I finish it... :) I like it with blueberries and chia seed.... Let's face it, I like any which way... :p

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.0 outside my normal fives.

SNAP, JacktheLad all my figures all have moved from 5s to 6s thought it was batch 44 but on the new batch now

Last night 5.4 this morning 6.4 doing or eating nothing different?

Neil

Reactions: 9 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Live dump Neil ?

Morning by the way :) ..... and don't circle those wagons brother :)

Mike

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Lizzi's Granola is much much better @WeeFergus Jordan's is full of bad sugars and owned by a huge sugar Corp. Not sure if it has palm oil in it either, which is bad if you've Diabetes and are trying to improve Insulin function x Good luck, you will get there :D
Still better to keep to a sprinkling though. Try it before you give up on it x

I've just checked again and Jordan's Granola (at least the one I ate) does have palm oil in it. I'll think about throwing it all out (but I'm Scottish and that doesn't come easily !) so I'll try a sprinkle next time and see what that does.

Status
Not open for further replies.