Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
@brettsza try bhr.co.uk for the A1C Now tests for HbA1C. The 10 packs are exactly the same as from Miller but are only £99 rather than £138. I have just got a set from them, really good service and 34 from my first test which is the same as my last doctor's test last year.

Maxwell
Not for me but thank you Maxwell...

Reactions: 2 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Then switch to Lizzi's when you've finished it. ;) I found a huge difference, between Lizzi's, Dorset Cereals and Jordans.
Lizzi's is fabulous, much better than the Dorset Cereals, who had changed their recipe. Then I found out why ..... Dorset Cereals had also been bought up by the same sugar giant who owned Jordans.

There really is a massive difference between Lizzi's and all the others.

I also found that Alpro Almond milk unsweetened made a big difference to my BG readings. I keep a carton in the fridge door, just for my brekkie.

Thanks Dibbles1. I'll keep my eyes peeled for both the granola and the Almond milk.

Reactions: 6 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Last night's meal included garlic bread and homemade deep fried chips.

5.0 before tea
5.6 at an hour
5.8 at 2hrs
5.2 at 3hrs
5.1 at 4hrs and bedtime
5.1 this morning.
:):):):):):):):):):)
You give me such hope BT :joyful:

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Last night's meal included garlic bread and homemade deep fried chips.

5.0 before tea
5.6 at an hour
5.8 at 2hrs
5.2 at 3hrs
5.1 at 4hrs and bedtime
5.1 this morning.
:):):):):):):):):):)

That's very good, but you don't say how much garlic bread and how many chips ;)

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That's very good, but you don't say how much garlic bread and how many chips ;)

LOL One slice frozen garlic bread and 6 chips!!! About 35 carbs all told. I have been painting our kitchen walls, which is hard work and involves a lot of getting on and off chairs to reach the high bits, and it's a big kitchen. I use a brush, not a roller. I think this may have helped.

Reactions: 9 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
Are you not happy with 4.5 John?
Happy not happy, in my mind so long as I'm in non diabetic levels before and after food that will do for me.

It's not a competition in my mind.

We all have lives to lead.

Come on England.

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
5.7 this morning, which is surprisingly high for me. Could it be the excessese of Friday night catching up with me? Alternatively I bruised my ribs yesterday in a go carting incident (yes, I know - should know better!), can something like this affect levels at all?

Maxwell
Ow nasty pain can affect stress and sugar levels hope the ribs soon feel better. Boys and there toys!!

Reactions: 4 people
S

Sable_Jan

That's exactly what happens to me, so I buy the little pots - my conscience won't let me open another one if I finish it... :) I like it with blueberries and chia seed.... Let's face it, I like any which way... :p
My Sainsburys only does that size and a 250g one - would love it if they did do the little ones - more expensive but easier, as you say, just to eat ONE

S

Sable_Jan

It's quite a learning curve for a newly diagnosed type 2 but I'm determined to graduate - albeit slowly. Thanks for the advice.
THE CRUMBLE - thought i'd got away with it but something made me test again...... from 5.8 (at 2 hours) UP to 9.3 at 2hrs 45 mins....should take my own advice of the 2 1/2 to 3 hour test more often.......be testing again shortly but not going to be having the crumble again as its all used up now. Bought it on a whim and more often than not then give naughty stuff to my kids for their families (like I did with box of Sugar Puffs last week)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
S

Sable_Jan

Happy not happy, in my mind so long as I'm in non diabetic levels before and after food that will do for me.

It's not a competition in my mind.

We all have lives to lead.

Come on England.
oooh, the rugby - put it on timer and it flicked over before the last 3 mins of prog I was watching. Flicked back to finish watching then forgot about the rugby - easily sidetracked.....

S

Sable_Jan

Thanks Dibbles1. I'll keep my eyes peeled for both the granola and the Almond milk.
I tried the almond milk and it was ok but no better for BS than my normal soya milk - Sainsbury's unsweetened...and taste wise no better in cereal and lousy for a brew... :yuck: And dearer :D

Reactions: 4 people
S

Sable_Jan

@brettsza regarding your tea testing. I'm not at all sure testing the liquid works properly. The strips are very sensitive and designed to test blood not tea. If the tea was above normal blood temp it would skew matters to start with. Best just to test out a cup of tea you have drunk between meals. I find a mug of tea with skimmed milk and 2 sweetex raises me about 0.5mmol/l but drunk immediately after a meal seems to have little impact.
I'm with you on the tea testing - the strips are meant to test blood sugars so far better to test a cuppa pre and post drinking..... and to remember any variance could be down the the strips/meter 15% tolerance anyhow

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I tried the almond milk and it was ok but no better for BS than my normal soya milk - Sainsbury's unsweetened...and taste wise no better in cereal and lousy for a brew... :yuck: And dearer :D
I live on soya milk and love it but have never really had cows milk cause have got cows milk allergy. Eve as a child I couldn't have milk. My baby milk and food was on perscripton.

Reactions: 9 people

pamK

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bedtime 9.8 (bad ) but i knew it would be n really hungry an hour before bed so ate bran flakes out of the box :(
Fasting this morning 6.3 so still on track :)

Reactions: 11 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bedtime 9.8 (bad ) but i knew it would be n really hungry an hour before bed so ate bran flakes out of the box :(
Fasting this morning 6.3 so still on track :)

Throw the box away and have some nuts or a bit of cheese handy!

pamK

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bluetit1802 I have them for breakfast sometimes for a change from bacon and eggs But was really hungry last night I have having nothing after 6.30 to 7pm but back on track today having a lovely thick steak and mushrooms etc later
Hope your having a good day :)

Status
Not open for further replies.