The SCREAM thread

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I got a database error which would have been a world-wide gremlin, requiring a Mr Fix-it and a few spanners - or probably some suitable software expertise...

Robbity

Reactions: 7 people

P1ckle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
When I couldn't get on I figured I'd been removed Hahahaha different thought types, lol

Reactions: 6 people
C

chris lowe

I got a database error which would have been a world-wide gremlin, requiring a Mr Fix-it and a few spanners - or probably some suitable software expertise...

Robbity
Oooo, I hope no one has hacked us all and are going to reveal all our secrets :facepalm:

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
I'm so glad the scream thread is here, peeps.

Permission to vent? I have been on the phone to my medical centre a few times trying to get a repeat script written and sent to my pharmacy. You would think this is a simple task, wouldn't you? OMG the place is a bureaucracy... phone transferred from pillar to post, you think you're speaking to a nurse, having pressed the button for the nurses, but you are actually talking to a receptionist who hasn't told you she's not a nurse! Cripes. So you have just repeated your story, again, and you are told you are being transferred to the scripts nurse. Only then, AFTER telling your story AGAIN you are told you will be put through to the scripts nurse, because you are talking to one of the regular nurses!!

No wonder I introduced mild swearing to the conversation and raised my voice. Afterwards I thought, I bet they will tell my lovely and competent GP that I was "difficult". Arrrgghhhh.

Anyway they better get my script sorted. I am not feeling great today with pain and fatigue from one of my ongoing conditions. Aside from the pain, discomfort, and worry of being ill, it really sucks how HCPs sometimes load further stress on top by not using common sense and being flexible in order to best help someone in need. Not only has my body revolted against me, it sometimes seems that other people have as well. It would get me down, but I tell myself not everyone is like that and the whole world is in fact not against me. I just came up against bureaucracy, as so many of you often do as well.

I am normally calm and businesslike in my dealings with them but every now and then I just want to throw a tantrum. Just as well the scream thread is here - thanks guys for listening.

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
Update: The practice manager spontaneously phoned me and apologised for the issues, and said she had my script in front of her, ready to go. Faith in humanity restored.

I also took some extra pain meds and am feeling much less grumpy now, lol. I should probably do that earlier on, I think.

Reactions: 8 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Day off today and phone keeps ruining can you can you i keep say NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO tis my day off laughs

Reactions: 8 people

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Getting old and diabetese

Permission to vent? I have been on the phone to my medical centre a few times trying to get a repeat script written and sent to my pharmacy. You would think this is a simple task, wouldn't you? OMG the place is a bureaucracy... phone transferred from pillar to post, you think you're speaking to a nurse, having pressed the button for the nurses, but you are actually talking to a receptionist who hasn't told you she's not a nurse! Cripes. So you have just repeated your story, again, and you are told you are being transferred to the scripts nurse. Only then, AFTER telling your story AGAIN you are told you will be put through to the scripts nurse, because you are talking to one of the regular nurses!!

No wonder I introduced mild swearing to the conversation and raised my voice. Afterwards I thought, I bet they will tell my lovely and competent GP that I was "difficult". Arrrgghhhh.

Anyway they better get my script sorted. I am not feeling great today with pain and fatigue from one of my ongoing conditions. Aside from the pain, discomfort, and worry of being ill, it really sucks how HCPs sometimes load further stress on top by not using common sense and being flexible in order to best help someone in need. Not only has my body revolted against me, it sometimes seems that other people have as well. It would get me down, but I tell myself not everyone is like that and the whole world is in fact not against me. I just came up against bureaucracy, as so many of you often do as well.

I am normally calm and businesslike in my dealings with them but every now and then I just want to throw a tantrum. Just as well the scream thread is here - thanks guys for listening.
Hope you are feeling better now all that frustration is out, it sounds a bit like my 'phone company. Does your chemist deliver to you? If so why not give them the repeat part of your script then you only have to ring them, that's what I do. I'm lucky to have a small old fashioned surgery and a few weeks ago I needed an increase in my meds, I spoke to my GP on a phone appointment and he did the rest but as I said I'm lucky.

Reactions: 4 people

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Day off today and phone keeps ruining can you can you i keep say NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO tis my day off laughs
When I feel like escaping calls I put my mobile on silent/voice mail and my landline on answerphone, bit ignorant I know but since the introduction of mobiles I sometimes feel my life isn't my own, bloody annoying it is. Hope you got a little peace

S

Sable_Jan

Mmm, HCPS the same the world over then..... and you get a RECEPTIONIST with no medical knowledge telling you that you DON'T really need an emergency appointment......or can it wait until tomorrow....3 weeks on Thursday and so on...I will gladly scream with you AAARRRRGGGGHHBHH

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hope you are feeling better now all that frustration is out, it sounds a bit like my 'phone company. Does your chemist deliver to you? If so why not give them the repeat part of your script then you only have to ring them, that's what I do. I'm lucky to have a small old fashioned surgery and a few weeks ago I needed an increase in my meds, I spoke to my GP on a phone appointment and he did the rest but as I said I'm lucky.
That's a good idea, thanks, I will look into it. I was able to get the chemist to deliver yesterday, which was great. Feeling a bit better today too. Onwards and upwards!

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
That's a good idea, thanks, I will look into it. I was able to get the chemist to deliver yesterday, which was great. Feeling a bit better today too. Onwards and upwards!
Most chemists now do a free delivery servce, you have to allow 48 hours before you get your meds but it's really good. I ring the chemist they take my script (which they hold) to the surgery & 48 hrs later they deliver, brilliant service & I never had anything go wrong. Glad you feel better today

Reactions: 7 people
S

Sable_Jan

Common to every care company....and the more you say ok, just this once, the more they ask....used to be carer for a while and my youngest does it now.....

S

Sable_Jan

Our surgery has the Patient Access system online so I request that way. They also do electronic scripts to pharmacy...so I pick them up from there. They also deliver but I pick up when I shop as its,Sainsbury's pharmacy

S

Sable_Jan

P*ss wet through....walked one doggy on foot....rainy.g a bit but ok. Stopped so took next out on scooter.....heavens opened, nit supposed to use it in rain....just as far to turn back. Coat.not been waterproof for years......back in now, Nina dried off, me to an extent but no point changing, am sweating that much, scooter had a rub down too. Rocks looked at scooter as if to say why've I not been our yet and you've covered it up again...probs get his own back by weeing on cover....nice soya lattee here I come....