The SCREAM thread

C

chris lowe

I'm so glad the scream thread is here, peeps.

Permission to vent? I have been on the phone to my medical centre a few times trying to get a repeat script written and sent to my pharmacy. You would think this is a simple task, wouldn't you? OMG the place is a bureaucracy... phone transferred from pillar to post, you think you're speaking to a nurse, having pressed the button for the nurses, but you are actually talking to a receptionist who hasn't told you she's not a nurse! Cripes. So you have just repeated your story, again, and you are told you are being transferred to the scripts nurse. Only then, AFTER telling your story AGAIN you are told you will be put through to the scripts nurse, because you are talking to one of the regular nurses!!

No wonder I introduced mild swearing to the conversation and raised my voice. Afterwards I thought, I bet they will tell my lovely and competent GP that I was "difficult". Arrrgghhhh.

Anyway they better get my script sorted. I am not feeling great today with pain and fatigue from one of my ongoing conditions. Aside from the pain, discomfort, and worry of being ill, it really sucks how HCPs sometimes load further stress on top by not using common sense and being flexible in order to best help someone in need. Not only has my body revolted against me, it sometimes seems that other people have as well. It would get me down, but I tell myself not everyone is like that and the whole world is in fact not against me. I just came up against bureaucracy, as so many of you often do as well.

I am normally calm and businesslike in my dealings with them but every now and then I just want to throw a tantrum. Just as well the scream thread is here - thanks guys for listening.
Hope you are feeling better today. Doesn't help how your're feeling when you're getting wound up as well :meh:

Reactions: 7 people
N

NicolaB70

I sitting here getting more and more cross. The house two doors down from me is having building work done in their house, which I haven't got a problem with, it's their builders! My husband has driven my mobility car to work today to give it a good run so therefore my disability bay is empty. The builders keep coming and going and parking in my disabled bay without a blue badge because it's outside the house they're working in (bay can't go outside my house as My house is opposite a junction). I wouldn't mind but there is plenty of parking space out there for them to park elsewhere. I don't think their parking there because it's raining and it's nearer for them. I believe it's just ignorance. I did toy with the idea of ringing council and reporting them but I don't think I can be ***** with them hammering on my door having a go as it would be obvious it's me whose reported them. Luckily hubby isn't home till 4:30pm so hopefully they might of moved it by then but if not they WILL get asked to move their van. ARGHHHH:mad:

Reactions: 9 people
S

Sable_Jan

I sitting here getting more and more cross. The house two doors down from me is having building work done in their house, which I haven't got a problem with, it's their builders! My husband has driven my mobility car to work today to give it a good run so therefore my disability bay is empty. The builders keep coming and going and parking in my disabled bay without a blue badge because it's outside the house they're working in (bay can't go outside my house as My house is opposite a junction). I wouldn't mind but there is plenty of parking space out there for them to park elsewhere. I don't think their parking there because it's raining and it's nearer for them. I believe it's just ignorance. I did toy with the idea of ringing council and reporting them but I don't think I can be ***** with them hammering on my door having a go as it would be obvious it's me whose reported them. Luckily hubby isn't home till 4:30pm so hopefully they might of moved it by then but if not they WILL get asked to move their van. ARGHHHH:mad:
Hope your car is now parked in its rightful place.......

Reactions: 2 people

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Grrrrrr! Why oh why do people bother to ring my phone and then only let it ring for two seconds and hang up??

What's the point? I was only 10 feet from my mobile when it started ringing and I immediately ran to it because I was expecting a call, but the stupid caller hung up before I even answered. And no, it wasn't a wrong number. It was the call I was expecting, so why on earth did they only give me a fraction of a minute to answer? I'd even told them to leave a voicemail if they couldn't get hold of me, but they only let it ring three times and it never got to voicemail.

Ooh, they annoy me! :mad:

Reactions: 13 people
K

Kat100

P*ss wet through....walked one doggy on foot....rainy.g a bit but ok. Stopped so took next out on scooter.....heavens opened, nit supposed to use it in rain....just as far to turn back. Coat.not been waterproof for years......back in now, Nina dried off, me to an extent but no point changing, am sweating that much, scooter had a rub down too. Rocks looked at scooter as if to say why've I not been our yet and you've covered it up again...probs get his own back by weeing on cover....nice soya lattee here I come....
Stay dry .. Get a water proof coat .:rolleyes:
Was this the coat you washed in the summer or is that your winter coat :)

Reactions: 5 people
K

Kat100

Having a weather scream , which can be nice and warm and sunny
Or cloudy and wet , with a bit of thunder and lightening ..
Power interruptions as well :cool:

Reactions: 7 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Grrrrrr! Why oh why do people bother to ring my phone and then only let it ring for two seconds and hang up??

What's the point? I was only 10 feet from my mobile when it started ringing and I immediately ran to it because I was expecting a call, but the stupid caller hung up before I even answered. And no, it wasn't a wrong number. It was the call I was expecting, so why on earth did they only give me a fraction of a minute to answer? I'd even told them to leave a voicemail if they couldn't get hold of me, but they only let it ring three times and it never got to voicemail.

Ooh, they annoy me! :mad:
Could be someone being frugal and expecting you to pay for the call lol

Reactions: 10 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Having a weather scream , which can be nice and warm and sunny
Or cloudy and wet , with a bit of thunder and lightening ..
Power interruptions as well :cool:
I already had my weather scream on another thread. I was definitely lulled into the 25 minutes of glorious sunshine and then getting drenched whilst " enjoying the thunderstorms"...oh what fun I had....(NOT). Lmao

Reactions: 8 people
S

Sable_Jan

Stay dry .. Get a water proof coat .:rolleyes:
Was this the coat you washed in the summer or is that your winter coat :)
That's my winter one. This,was just an old thin one for when you don't need much of a coat.....unless it starts raining

Reactions: 6 people
S

Sable_Jan

I already had my weather scream on another thread. I was definitely lulled into the 25 minutes of glorious sunshine and then getting drenched whilst " enjoying the thunderstorms"...oh what fun I had....(NOT). Lmao
Thunderstorms are best watched from a place of shelter.....

Reactions: 4 people
C

chris lowe

Can you talk to owners, or if there's a name on the van phone company. Just ignorance on their part

Reactions: 4 people
N

NicolaB70

Can you talk to owners, or if there's a name on the van phone company. Just ignorance on their part
I could see a company name but no phone number. Did look on the net for company but couldn't find it. He did go eventually and my husband parked back in bay when he returned home. He hasn't driven it since so car is sitting in its rightful place. asvyou said it was just ignorance, does annoy me though

Reactions: 8 people

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
Lovely winter's day here in New Zealand. Started out with a frost, then became sunny.

It's so nice to have the scream thread here. People are so understanding and caring.

Thank you all :)

Reactions: 6 people

brenda walker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't scream about anything any more, I am immune to fear. I started to get a wee mouse in my kitchen at night and well gave him/her the obvious name of Mr Jangles lol, he used to freeze when I switched the kitchen light on so we kinda stared at each other over several weeks and I just left the wee cute thing alone. I started putting a wee nut down for it and left the kitchen. Alas I have not seen it for a while now and feel a bit upset lol.
I like mice too. every harvest time we would get harvests mice in the house and shed. We also have several Kites in the area. When the neighbour complained about mice in her shed I would capture them and find them to a place more suitable. Alas the rats came along. where I put out food that kills rats and not mice my other neighbour put out some very large kill it all, some under my fence. unfortunately my dog ate it and died.

Reactions: 2 people