Low Carb Education Program

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the tag - sorry to all - we sent an email out to all forum users on Saturday. I'll copy the sticky to other areas today. Apologies for any confusion.
I didn't get an email. :confused: I wonder if everyone else did? Or was it just to those who have signed up to receive the usual emails, because I have opted out.

Last edited by a moderator:

dannyw

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for the tag - sorry to all - we sent an email out to all forum users on Saturday. I'll copy the sticky to other areas today. Apologies for any confusion.
No email here either. Strange, I get all the other usual free meter ones.....

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I didn't get an email. :confused: I wonder if everyone else did? Or was it just to those who have signed up tor receive the usual emails, because I have opted out.
I too have opted out and maybe missed the announcement. I opted out to avoid the free meter silliness. Can't win most days.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I got the email and signed up just of curiosity - haven't looked at it yet
@carty i wasn't asked anything like that, only the usual male/female, age, height, weight etc strange?
E.T.A. I think it's a great step in the right direction

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
(QUOTE="zand, post: 991812, member: 85197"]Perhaps only the well behaved members got emails, huh? ;)[/QUOTE]
I'm a good girl I am;)

Reactions: 4 people

dannyw

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm sure it's carb related but I just can't think of the link as yet. Why would the low carb programme survey need to know my ethnicity ? My income ?

Reactions: 2 people

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I didn't get an email I just followed the link I couldn't get the first video and the second one was very basic .The next weeks are blocked so I think I will forget it .I didn't fill in the questions about income and ethnicity by the way
CAROL

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I got the impression that it was for people new to the idea of low carbing, so not really for any of us on this thread. I see there is a Q&A section and I thought that maybe that was where we would all come in - answering the questions, as a gentle introduction to the forum (hence the note to be compassionate).

I also assumed that because it's a 10 week programme that the next video will be available in a week's time.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I refuse to login and there is no RH part!

I know, it's different for us!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Joined and logged in, doesn't recognise my email address or my password, so I gave up!

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Well I got the impression that it was for people new to the idea of low carbing, so not really for any of us on this thread. I see there is a Q&A section and I thought that maybe that was where we would all come in - answering the questions, as a gentle introduction to the forum (hence the note to be compassionate).

I also assumed that because it's a 10 week programme that the next video will be available in a week's time.
Does it take 10 weeks to learn about low carbing? When I was diagnosed I was so scared I wanted to learn as soon as possible so that 10 weeks later my bloods were much improved. I don't think I would have had the patience. Maybe I have the wrong end of the stick.

Sounds like a good idea though to give people other options :)

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Does it take 10 weeks to learn about low carbing? When I was diagnosed I was so scared I wanted to learn as soon as possible so that 10 weeks later my bloods were much improved. I don't think I would have had the patience. Maybe I have the wrong end of the stick.

Sounds like a good idea though to give people other options :)

Yes me too. The first video was about why we should low carb and the benefits, and how the advice differs from standard NHS advice. I think those of us who wanted to rush on and find out for ourselves are already here and have done that, this approach will probably appeal to others, and it gently puts the view that official recommendations may not be right for all of us.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

@zand thanks. That sounds good. Might lend credibility to the way of eating so that some HCPs wont think we are nutters so that has to be a step in the right direction :)

Celeriac

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It asked me for full name and postcode - enough to identify me for marketing purposes from the electoral roll, so I didn't proceed further. I don't want spam by email or post and I certainly don't see why a free website education program wants my income.

JenniferW

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just been on the programme to sign up Very disappointed ,lots of questions (why do they need to know how much money I earn and .my ethnicity)
CAROL

I assumed they asked about ethnicity because there are some links between ethnicity and diabetes aren't there?

And on income, I just thought of all the research that's been done on low income and health! I was in their bottom band of income, and changing to a low carb diet means my food bills overall have gone up, I'm sure.

Reactions: 6 people

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
It asked me for full name and postcode - enough to identify me for marketing purposes from the electoral roll, so I didn't proceed further. I don't want spam by email or post and I certainly don't see why a free website education program wants my income.

I agree. I got as far as the "full name and postcode" part and that was far enough. I value my privacy. Perhaps admin will explain why this info is being requested?