Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Well done, everybody.
Back from a short holiday. Walked on miles of beaches, ran up and down a big sand dune and one day did a 20-mile cycle ride (disused railway line, so pretty flat).
Yesterday helped our local butcher cut his holly hedge and take the bags to the tip. We filled 8 of those yellow jumbo bags. So free fillet steak for us on Wednesday! :hungry: Plus free eggs and bacon.
Keep up the good work.

Oh how wish I was on holiday again , it's freezing in Scotland tonight

Reactions: 5 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Tried to be as active as I can as usual but my old auntie died and we are decorating so haven't had much time . Have moved a lot but not a lot of time waking or on numb bum .
It's freezing all of a sudden so I've dug out my warm waterproof clothes.

Reactions: 5 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
enough said

Reactions: 2 people

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Tried to be as active as I can as usual but my old auntie died and we are decorating so haven't had much time
Sorry about auntie. Decorating is exercise.
emoji299.png
emoji299.png
emoji299.png
emoji299.png
emoji97.png
emoji97.png
emoji97.png
emoji97.png
emoji97.png
emoji299.png
emoji299.png
emoji299.png
emoji97.png
emoji97.png
emoji97.png
emoji97.png
emoji97.png
enough said
Those are pretty brollies. It tipped down here for 3 days and Mrs DeeJay gave me loads of dosh to buy waterproofs the day before yesterday so I got a long riding coat, waterproof trousers, hat & 2 prs gloves. The changing room in our local shop is in the loo at the back and they have to get their 2 little dogs out first so customers won't get nibbled while undressing.
Then it stopped raining.
I refuse to do exercise that isn't useful, even if it's walking somewhere to a nice view as well as being uphill and down.
At the weekend I did some heavy gardening to help our local butcher, which means more free meat! :happy:

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
DeejayR it hasn't stopped raining here since Saturday , there's floods all over , accidents etc . It's so dark come 4pm . Even my garage is leaking so numb bum is out .
I'm getting frustrated , got a bit of a cold so I can't really go out in the rain . There's only so much walking around my sitting room a person can do .

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I hope none of you have been slacking while I am away?
No chance of me swimming for the last ten days, yet I am still wrinkly!
I have walked a bit, raked leaves a lot, then it rained too much to be out, so my activity log is in deficit at the moment. I did manage some physio chair exercises though.
Will do overtime for next few weeks so I will be in credit again,because wintry weather is certainly making me lethargic.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
I'm like a caged animal, this weather is ripping my knitting .
Go to work in the dark and the wet , come home in the dark and the wet . Garage roof leaking so can't go on numb bum.
I'm trying to do more activity in the house but it's not the same.
Tomorrow storm Abigail is going to hit but if it's looks ok I'm going for a walk . I'm not used to this inactivity.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I did manage swimming pool yesterday. An hour of aquafit. The water was freezing.
Today has been a day of housework, up and downstairs, and a short 10 minute walk before it started raining.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Walked about 3 miles this morning . Storm Abigail wasn't as bad as it was meant to be in Ayrshire.

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Stalwarts, both of you. I'm letting side down here. I'm pledged to don my gardening wellies on Sunday though.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Short walks between showers.
Lots of stretching. Stretching out on reclining chair that is. Will go and do some stair stepping as penance.
I have scrounged an exercise for health referral from GP. Just to see if there are more things I can manage in with the swimming, Aquafit and oldies gym. Just to vary things to prevent boredom.

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Three hours stripping turf & digging a bed for a box hedge. Feel a mug cake coming on, and Mrs DeeJay says we can have a bath (she always has it first because she can stand the water much hotter) :)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
An hour of aquafit. Problem with boiler at pool. Water very, very cold. I moved quickly.

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
there's floods all over , accidents etc . It's so dark come 4pm
Still pretty bad up there by all accounts? Not the best exercise weather unless you're a seagull
Yesterday mowin' & hoein' on the allotment. More water than grass in the mower box.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
DeejayR it's got worse , it's awful. I managed a couple of miles yesterday between showers but that's about it .

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday I braved the swimming pool again. It was still cold. Very cold. An hour aquafit and 15 mins swim was enough. Then I walked around the supermarket for 40 minutes.
Today, I avoided the swimming pool. Went for a short walk to local shops. Well, I drove to the high street then walked for 35 mins. Got buffeted by the wind, and soaked by a van going through a muddy puddle.
Cold water seems to be the theme this week. I prefer the chlorinated stuff.

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Much the same as you two. The shopping backpack was 8kg today, plus bags, uphill, quarter of a mile, in a blustery wind. Best I could do.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Much the same as you two. The shopping backpack was 8kg today, plus bags, uphill, quarter of a mile, in a blustery wind. Best I could do.
At least we haven't gone into hibernation though. :D
Today I will do some energetic house cleaning. Then treat myself to a trip to the cinema. Does it count as activity / exercise if I tap my feet a bit watching the film?

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Short walk at lunch time then dancing tonight in my pjs , love this