Vegetarians: What have you eaten today?

K

Kat100

Breakfast .. oats and almond milk with a dash of sweet freedom

Lunch .. well coffee and a plain croissant, I was out ...

Supper .. cauliflower cheese with the trimmings .. yum

Ice cream and jelly and chocolate x yum

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Today and yesterday

B: golden milk
L: spinach salad and a falafel
D: veg and bean chilli on courgetti

Reactions: mo53

PurpleArmadillo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I've had a bit of a disastrous few weeks. We had to have Nika dog put to sleep, and I think with the stress of it all and the exhaustion of being up all night with her for the last few days I got very run down. Cue a really nasty cold which just knocked me for six.

I was so poorly that I didn't feel like cooking, or eating. And it's just ruined my routine. I've started creeping back to snacking on naughties like crisps and bars. To top it off my son was home from Uni this weekend and asked for me to bake a chocolate fudge cake for him. I ate loads of it!

So it's back to square one as of this week. A customer lent me the 'Wheat Belly' book, and I'm going to experiment with some Doves Farm Einkorn flour and the breadmaker. Supposedly it has much less of a spiking effect that modern wheat. We shall see!

So today so far has been

B : none

L : coyo natural yogurt and hemp spacebar

For dinner I'm planning some sort of variation on roast cauliflower

K

Kat100

I've had a bit of a disastrous few weeks. We had to have Nika dog put to sleep, and I think with the stress of it all and the exhaustion of being up all night with her for the last few days I got very run down. Cue a really nasty cold which just knocked me for six.

I was so poorly that I didn't feel like cooking, or eating. And it's just ruined my routine. I've started creeping back to snacking on naughties like crisps and bars. To top it off my son was home from Uni this weekend and asked for me to bake a chocolate fudge cake for him. I ate loads of it!

So it's back to square one as of this week. A customer lent me the 'Wheat Belly' book, and I'm going to experiment with some Doves Farm Einkorn flour and the breadmaker. Supposedly it has much less of a spiking effect that modern wheat. We shall see!

So today so far has been

B : none

L : coyo natural yogurt and hemp spacebar

For dinner I'm planning some sort of variation on roast cauliflower
Hi @PurpleArmadillo so sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved dog that is so sad .. virtual hugs and flowers to ..
You will get the eating sorting .. I expect engery is all a bit low at the moment ..x

K

Kat100

Breakfast my usual .. it's always the same .. oats , almond milk

Lunch the same , lovelife breadroll cheese tomatoes and mayo .. fruit pear ..

Snack hot chocolate .. piece of chovolate fridge cake ..

Tonight supper .. and I have cooked for two days ..

Cabbage .. the sweetheart ones .. with tumeric garlic onions coconut .. love this simple dish ..
Spinach .. cooked in spices and a dish of lentils and green beans .. all spicy ..
I will have with chappti breads .. bought and fetched from the freezer .. :)

I seem to have a feast .. enough for tomorrow and some to freeze ..
Time to relax now

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liquorice and aniseed (especially the tracer I have to drink in hospital before a CT scan - yuk!)
Hi @PurpleArmadillo

I'm also very sorry to learn about Nika, I'm sure she is a great loss to you and I can understand why you became so stressed.

When my dog died, I felt awful and promised I'd never get another. They do become part of the family, don't they? (It took 2 years, but we did get another dog.)

All the best x

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liquorice and aniseed (especially the tracer I have to drink in hospital before a CT scan - yuk!)
@PurpleArmadillo

If you test your BG, I'd be interested to know how you get on with your Einkorn flour (I've not heard of it before).

Fresh, homemade bread tastes better anyway :)

(My problem is that my slices are so thick that each "doorstep" works out at 35g of carbs!)

A

Avocado Sevenfold

D: veg and chickpea curry

Lemon and tofu pud for the Bake Off final.

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Still not eating so well:

B: Greek yoghurt & blueberries. Actimel.

L: LM sausage and poached egg.

D: Spag bol using green lentils.

I may treat myself to some dark choc to watch the GBBO final - go Candice!

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Lemon & tofu pud sounds yum!

Today:

B: Muesli. Actimel.

Snack: Mixed nuts.

L: Hummus & salad sandwich on rye. Popcorn.

D: Bean & veg casserole.

I had a good night's sleep, felt well all day, ate quite well (but about 1000 calories below my target unfortunately), cooked for the first time in weeks (though nothing fancy) and my BG readings have been in range; I hope it's not a fluke!

K

Kat100

Same breakfast , but I did add a few blueberries to it ..

Lunch .. spelt flour cheese and tomatoe roll and an apple ..

Tonight .. stir fry , will it be rice will it be cauliflower , well I follow my diet , so it's guessing lol

Jelly and that alpro ice cream tonight .. @Avocado Sevenfold I now have six tubs in my freezer . It will last me ages though ..
Well I hope so lol :***: happy eating .. last month of October x

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Yesterday

D: veg and chickpea curry with some pickled onions on top - don't judge me! o_O
Pudding: Alpro vanilla ice cream, toasted nut bits, zero carb butterscotch sauce, a G&T

I have been on pigeon portions this week and avoiding snacks. The scales are moving and I have ketones already. Meals have been a bit samey, but they are all things I enjoy so no complaints.

Reactions: Ledzeptt

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
B: Muesli. Actimel

L: Egg on toast.

D: Lentil & bean chilli with brown rice (technically a stew as my portion had no chilli). No pickled onions either, but whatever floats your boat!

Not so well today, but my 2yr old granddaughter's here for the weekend, so I'm happy.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

B: golden turmeric milk
L: salad with walnuts and hummus (sun-dried tomato and basil)
D: courgetti with korma sauce
Snack: some pistachios

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
B: Muesli. Actimel.

L: Mozzarella & tomato sandwich. Cheddars.

D: Nut roast (yesterday's leftover) with mash, carrots and gravy.

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@AcocadoSevenfold

I wonder if the "caviar" would become fishier (if you wanted) by adding chopped seaweed. I remember making a Veg Society ocean pie once, that did have a fishy flavour (not that I'm an expert, being vegetarian for approx 25 yrs). It was a little weird, if I recall!

http://recipes.vegsoc.org/recipe.aspx?cId=875