What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
http://www.diabeticgoodbaking.com/2016/01/black-forest-gateau.html
black%2Bforest.jpg

I know, I am evil. I can't help myself.

You temptress you...... that cake looks stunning. :)

Reactions: Ultramum

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Yesterday's BBQ mains were chicken, sausages, burgers and steaks - I had chicken and steak, with salad and some of my choc torte

Today's meals are:

Breakfast: Eggs, bacon, sausages, mushrooms, grilled tomatoes

Lunch: Nothing - or maybe a coffee with cream in Costa

Dinner: Slow cooked lamb shank in a red wine sauce/gravy, roast parsnips, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower and a few broad beans

I got the veg out of the fridge to warm up a bit before preparing it, turned round and all three dogs were sitting behind me bolt upright to attention. Sunday is the only day of the week that they get human food actually prepared especially for them - just the veg - carrots, broccoli, cauliflower and some 'snips - but how did they know that the veg I got out of the fridge was for them .....

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday's BBQ mains were chicken, sausages, burgers and steaks - I had chicken and steak, with salad and some of my choc torte

Today's meals are:

Breakfast: Eggs, bacon, sausages, mushrooms, grilled tomatoes

Lunch: Nothing - or maybe a coffee with cream in Costa

Dinner: Slow cooked lamb shank in a red wine sauce/gravy, roast parsnips, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower and a few broad beans

I got the veg out of the fridge to warm up a bit before preparing it, turned round and all three dogs were sitting behind me bolt upright to attention. Sunday is the only day of the week that they get human food actually prepared especially for them - just the veg - carrots, broccoli, cauliflower and some 'snips - but how did they know that the veg I got out of the fridge was for them .....
They know......they are telepathic

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
And on the menu today......
B & L Consisted of a Lidl high protein roll with 4 slices of that Lidl assorted German sausage (the little ones) , lettuce and one small tomato. Tassimo morning coffee with cream.
D. Usual campari and soda and a wee prosecco.
Piri piri chicken thighs (They are marinating now) and a garlic and onion dip.
Rack of lamb , steamed green beans, spinach and cauliflower. (Jersey Royals for the carbaholics)
The carbaholics will also be having Black Forest Gateaux. Sadly @Brunneria's low carb version arrived too late for me to get the last ingredients. We are barricaded in for the duration of the Edinburgh Marathon. I will simply look longingly at the carb eaters devouring it. If All else fails I have Alpro Soya coconut ice cream and raspberries.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today : 20 Hazelnuts and 0.5 liter water for breakfast
Lunch : smoothie made of half a banana eco milk and frozen spinach and a teaspoon apple cider vinegar.
And 250 grams grilled chicken

20 pieces of sugarfree gum

Chai 0.5 liter

Dinner : mixed salat with lots of onion and feta cheese

2 liters of pepsi MAX

Last edited:

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello
B. Raspberries and cream

L. Bacon, sausage, egg, half a tomato and black pudding.

D. Camambert and walnuts. Strawberries with Oppo salted caramel icecream

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
And on the menu today......
B & L Consisted of a Lidl high protein roll with 4 slices of that Lidl assorted German sausage (the little ones) , lettuce and one small tomato. Tassimo morning coffee with cream.
D. Usual campari and soda and a wee prosecco.
Piri piri chicken thighs (They are marinating now) and a garlic and onion dip.
Rack of lamb , steamed green beans, spinach and cauliflower. (Jersey Royals for the carbaholics)
The carbaholics will also be having Black Forest Gateaux. Sadly @Brunneria's low carb version arrived too late for me to get the last ingredients. We are barricaded in for the duration of the Edinburgh Marathon. I will simply look longingly at the carb eaters devouring it. If All else fails I have Alpro Soya coconut ice cream and raspberries.

Before you dish up and don't give yourself any .... remember I had Jersey Royals last weekend (I think?) only a couple slathered in melted butter and they didn't affect my BG at all and they were soooooo delicious. :)

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
So, where can we buy this Oppo icecream?

I must admit I've never been a great icecream lover but now I CAN'T have it, it has been really difficult not having any available if I did want some.....

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So, where can we buy this Oppo icecream?

I must admit I've never been a great icecream lover but now I CAN'T have it, it has been really difficult not having any available if I did want some.....

@Chook they have a store finder on their website

http://www.oppoicecream.co.uk/

The chocolate flavour is delicious. Haven't tried the salted caramel yet, but wasn't too keen on the Vanilla.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Another serious day of walking around Glasgow - 21,700 steps. And a bit of a burger feast too.

Breakfast - skipped

Lunch - bunless cheeseburger in museum cafe with green salad, coleslaw and mayo.

Dinner - back to Five Guys. It's my favourite burger chain (was so excited when they first came here, having developed an addiction on visits to the US), but yesterday was my first visit post diagnosis. Cheeseburger wrapped in lettuce - and they give you a lot of lettuce, so combined with tomatoes and onion you get a decent side salad. Topped with mayo. Then 2 squares of Lindt 90% as reward for walking up the long hill back to the hotel.

Ultramum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Pepperoni omelette (forgot to grate the cheese yesterday!) with mushrooms

5km walk over the peat moors

Two chicken drumsticks with salad and homemade coleslaw - two strawberries with cream (forgot to check BG after as busy in garden)

Scrambled egg with mushrooms, two more strawberries with cream and two squares of 81% (forgot to check BG before tea this time!)