Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think the morning fasting test is always the one that people dread as it is the reminder that we are diabetic( or maybe that's just me)- we can control our other readings through diet and exercise but this one can be more stubborn to get down to non-diabetic levels, which I take as indicative of the 'd regulatory problems associated with insulin resistance and the "damage" that has been done to my pancreatic function before going low carb. Hence why I think of all of these low readings that people get as being well-controlled and not reversal.

Reactions: 7 people

Neverbloobloo

Ok, Type 2 with no meds - typical morning result high sixes but pre lunch in the 4 to 5 range and post prandial <8.5. Just qualify for me please difference between "Fasting" and "Pre Breakfast" testing? I usually eat my evening meal about 7.00pm and breakfast 7.30 to 8.00 (Yes I am lucky I'm retired)

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Often the fasting test and the pre-breakfast test time coincide, depending when you eat breakfast. As I eat as soon as I get up, my fasting and pre-breakfast times are the same. If there is a significant gap, it is worth testing again.

Reactions: 4 people

Neverbloobloo

Often the fasting test and the pre-breakfast test time coincide, depending when you eat breakfast. As I eat as soon as I get up, my fasting and pre-breakfast times are the same. If there is a significant gap, it is worth testing again.
Ok, thanks for that, I was beginning to think I had missed the point somewhere lol

Reactions: 3 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, I had another 3.7 this morning, then got my act together to go and have my bloods done. I’m a few days early, but it fitted in with my life, so hopefully I won’t have to go onto the naughty step for too long! Interestingly, by the time I got to the hospital, I had gone up to 5!! That’s one mega liver dump. Non? I was astonished. I have to say I didn’t re-test as I was more interested in getting out to get a cup of tea, by then!

So, it’ll be results, and Round 3 with my GP on statins, no doubt. Oh well. At least having toddled off to the hospital to have my bloods done, they’re usually back very quickly, and I can be sure of being seen promptly at 8am. The lovely phlebotomist seems to understand the need for tea at least!

On a different note, I am delighted to say my OH is now at home. We were both incredibly tired yesterday, after a bit of a nightmare trip back from Gatwick, as the M1 was significantly congested following an accident some 7 hours beforehand. I could have done without the extended journey, but it’s just good to have him home. So, I guess I may not be around quite as much at the moment, but that’ll give you all a rest from my wittering on.

Play nicely boys and girls.

Reactions: 6 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think the morning fasting test is always the one that people dread as it is the reminder that we are diabetic( or maybe that's just me)- we can control our other readings through diet and exercise but this one can be more stubborn to get down to non-diabetic levels, which I take as indicative of the 'd regulatory problems associated with insulin resistance and the "damage" that has been done to my pancreatic function before going low carb. Hence why I think of all of these low readings that people get as being well-controlled and not reversal.
My thinking too coldethyl- certainly "well controlled" not reversal! Having got my levels down I certainly don't think of it as reversed or solved! Still needs controlling to continue my journey and keep any further damage at bay!!

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
On a different note, I am delighted to say my OH is now at home. We were both incredibly tired yesterday, after a bit of a nightmare trip back from Gatwick, as the M1 was significantly congested following an accident some 7 hours beforehand. I could have done without the extended journey, but it’s just good to have him home. So, I guess I may not be around quite as much at the moment, but that’ll give you all a rest from my wittering on.

Lovely to know the two halves are a whole again

Happy homecomings.

Reactions: 4 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well, I had another 3.7 this morning, then got my act together to go and have my bloods done. I’m a few days early, but it fitted in with my life, so hopefully I won’t have to go onto the naughty step for too long! Interestingly, by the time I got to the hospital, I had gone up to 5!! That’s one mega liver dump. Non? I was astonished. I have to say I didn’t re-test as I was more interested in getting out to get a cup of tea, by then!

So, it’ll be results, and Round 3 with my GP on statins, no doubt. Oh well. At least having toddled off to the hospital to have my bloods done, they’re usually back very quickly, and I can be sure of being seen promptly at 8am. The lovely phlebotomist seems to understand the need for tea at least!

So happy you have your other half back home. Make sure you pop on to let us know your results;)

Reactions: 2 people

MsVelvet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.7 this morning. Ran our of meds last night so only had half dose. My gorgeous husband is picking the script up for me now after he drops the soon to be 12 year old at school. I am not feeling great today, very tired, although I slept well. Maybe I will feel better after breakfast!

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Woke up at more or less my usual waking up time of seven a.m. Cyprus time. Trouble is I am now in the UK and that corresponds to 5 a.m. UK time. It's pitch dark and everyone else is asleep.

At least my morning bloods are behaving 5,1 mmol.

Pavlos

Reactions: 9 people
Status
Not open for further replies.