Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6 this morning. That'll either be the chickpeas last night or the fact that I'm starving now. Going to have to get up and eat before 9 which is unheard of!!

Reactions: 10 people

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.3 but traded off against a 2 lb weight loss.

Happy Halloween everyone

Reactions: 10 people

alliebee

I'm being a meanie tonight. Not bought sweeties for the few children who knock because there are always sweets left over and I can't have the temptation will just have to risk the tricks! Meany allie

Reactions: 8 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm being a meanie tonight. Not bought sweeties for the few children who knock because there are always sweets left over and I can't have the temptation will just have to risk the tricks! Meany allie
I'm far from mean, but really dislike they way it has all become so "give me or else"?! When originated in the states is was in a good, community style, here it's got too much now!!

Reactions: 3 people

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm far from mean, but really dislike they way it has all become so "give me or else"?! When originated in the states is was in a good, community style, here it's got too much now!!
Same here. Don't do Halloween. Never have and never will. Not the best import from the states

A new man

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Well I woke up with a 6.4 (bit up on yesterdays 5.7) but thought this was ok......

Had a cup of tea and a mushroom omelette about 7.25 - tested at 8.50 to find a horrible 11.5 (3 tests to be sure) on the display.

What on earth is all that about? Usually only up to 8 maximum - and no I don't have a cold and am not particularly stressed.

Just when you think you are starting to understand your readings something pops up to confuse you

I am on an LCHF diet by the way - into my second week now and apart from this blip things are going well.

Any suggestions gratefully received - if it is a late dawn phenomenon or liver dump then it can pack it in! :banghead:

alliebee

Well I woke up with a 6.4 (bit up on yesterdays 5.7) but thought this was ok......

Had a cup of tea and a mushroom omelette about 7.25 - tested at 8.50 to find a horrible 11.5 (3 tests to be sure) on the display.

What on earth is all that about? Usually only up to 8 maximum - and no I don't have a cold and am not particularly stressed.

Just when you think you are starting to understand your readings something pops up to confuse you

I am on an LCHF diet by the way - into my second week now and apart from this blip things are going well.

Any suggestions gratefully received - if it is a late dawn phenomenon or liver dump then it can pack it in! :banghead:

That's really strange. I think possibly it was a liver dump just as you were cooking. This happens a lot with me. My solution is a brazil nut by the bed eaten just after testing. So my body knows food is coming. It really works. Or a cheese string

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Was that your normal kind of breakfast? What would your normal post meal rise be?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@pavlosn Enjoy the match!

Weird readings yesterday. I spiked over 2mmol/ls after lunch and tea and took ages to come down after both meals, and I mean AGES. This is most unusual. My average spikes are 1.3 and 1.4 respectively, yet I ate exactly the same foods as normal in the same quantities and my "befores" were excellent. . I also had the same exercise at the same times. Most odd. My pancreas must have been on strike.

Bedtime 11pm 5.7
2am 5.7
This morning 5.5.

Reactions: 2 people

A new man

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Was that your normal kind of breakfast? What would your normal post meal rise be?
Kimbo,

Normally I rise about 2 - 3 mmols, and yes I have had this before - normally eggs either scrambled, fried or omelette, with either bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes or a combination. Just tested again and has come down to 8 but it is 2 and a half hours since I ate!

Not sure if I tested the same breakfast until over 2 hours after breakfast last time so I wonder if this alarming spike was there before and I didn't test at the right time but even so it is a horrific rise that I haven't seen before.

Reactions: 2 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
5.8 this morning after going to bed on 5.5, OK after a long day including a pint of beer in the evening.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Kimbo,

Normally I rise about 2 - 3 mmols, and yes I have had this before - normally eggs either scrambled, fried or omelette, with either bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes or a combination. Just tested again and has come down to 8 but it is 2 and a half hours since I ate!

Not sure if I tested the same breakfast until over 2 hours after breakfast last time so I wonder if this alarming spike was there before and I didn't test at the right time but even so it is a horrific rise that I haven't seen before.

I don't understand how you can spike so much after a bacon and egg type meal. Apart from the tomato, which does have a few carbs but not many, there are no carbs there to make you spike. The cup of tea may have raised you a little, but not by that much. It is very difficult to understand. You say you rise by 2 to 3 mmol/ls normally. Well that is also a big rise for a fried breakfast. It should have very little effect on your levels. Definitely no bread with it? ;)

Reactions: 7 people

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't understand how you can spike so much after a bacon and egg type meal. Apart from the tomato, which does have a few carbs but not many, there are no carbs there to make you spike. The cup of tea may have raised you a little, but not by that much. It is very difficult to understand. You say you rise by 2 to 3 mmol/ls normally. Well that is also a big rise for a fried breakfast. It should have very little effect on your levels. Definitely no bread with it? ;)
Hmmmm.. A bit of a head scratcher..I can get away with baked beans, toast. Potato.tomatoes... blah. Blah.... As long as it's with a good fryup. Doesn't help you I know. Meter /hand washing error. ????

A new man

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hmmmm.. A bit of a head scratcher..I can get away with baked beans, toast. Potato.tomatoes... blah. Blah.... As long as it's with a good fryup. Doesn't help you I know. Meter /hand washing error. ????

Washed hands and tested 3 times - and revisited my brekkie to make sure low carb - can only have been either the milk or a morning liver dump!

Need to experiment to stop that happening again!

:banghead:

Reactions: 5 people

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Washed hands and tested 3 times - and revisited my brekkie to make sure low carb - can only have been either the milk or a morning liver dump!

Need to experiment to stop that happening again!

:banghead:
Had dodgy sausages with lots of filler that gave higher bg one time. They have to be over 90% meat for me.

Reactions: 6 people

alliebee

Yes me too. Black farmers from most supermarkets are 97% meat and don't raise me at all. Also tinned tomatoes you have to be careful of

Reactions: 5 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes me too. Black farmers from most supermarkets are 97% meat and don't raise me at all. Also tinned tomatoes you have to be careful of

I agree about the tinned toms. I can't have them, but I eat loads of raw ones and grilled/microwaved ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.