What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Have thought of asking for libre for Xmas, but the sensors are just too expensive. Even for one a month - compared with the Codefree, it is no contest.

I'm hoping it comes down in price.. These things often do. I'm happy enough with my Codefree as I've usually found when I've had a high or inconsistent batch others have too so that stops me fretting.

Reactions: 2 people

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Thank you! I just ordered 2 boxes and got free delivery. My fbg has crept up to 7. Will give this a whirl for 4 months.

HaHa, I'm hoping the milk thistle will bring my fbg down to your levels, can't get mine below 9 atm, I blame the change in weather, happens every year come the end of summer. I have superb results throughout summer, then they always turn come autumn!!
Think I need to spend winters abroad :)

alliebee

I think the fasting reading is often the most demoralising one as it reminds us that we are diabetics. Or at least that's how I feel on the days it is higher than I like to see. I have found mine is better since losing weight so am hoping that further loss will help keep it down as I'm wanting to reduce my Metformin as I think it is making my fibromyalgia and anxiety worse. I can guarantee about 2 hours after it my panicky feelings start and I start to ache.
I so agree with you Ethyl

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks ladies. I did check the batch number against the dodgy one discussed here, but it was not the same. Think I might move back to the nano for a bit as I get demoralised by the codefree. If it is also high then my pancreas is broken or something.

My DP has always bothered me so hopefully the milk thistle will help. From what I have read, it is a pretty benign supplement so will do no harm if it doesn't help.

Let us know what batch you're on, please?

I just had a delivery of some more on Saturday, which I guess I'll start using in a week or so.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh boy.

I'm rather hoping Mr Breathe likes what I have cooking right now. The recipe (one of Lorraine Pascale's) serves four. Four families more like! There's a vat of the stuff!! It does smell delicious though.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I worry about my Codefree. As mentioned above, when I re-test I get wildly different numbers. I tend to do 3 tests if I don't like the first one, and there is often a massive difference between all 3. I tell myself that each drop of blood will have different amounts of glucose in them so of course each reading will be different, but if that is correct then it is logical that all 3 readings might be correct (ignoring the 15% tolerance thing) so best to go with the highest. I don't ..... I average them. I always wash my hands before the first test.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I find mine pretty consistent unless the strips are iffy. I've had one high reading batch and the last one ( which I think you also had) was very inconsistent. I had a pot that was just bizarre as it would throw out a real outlier every so often then I'd get a few much lower consistent ones on retesting. I just use them as a guide. Only my HbA1c is going to show the bigger more accurate picture- though it is nice to see the averages going down and no scary strange numbers.

Reactions: 5 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

I just tested three times in a few seconds. 4.30pm. (At 1.30pm I had creamy decaf, cheddar and almonds.)

Left thumb: 6.5
Same thumb, same blood blob: 6.0
Right thumb: 6.1

Hmmm. I think I have cystitis coming on too so will worry about that instead :( Life was easier in the days of guzzling a carton of cranberry juice. The fruit would be bad enough, but they add sugar to the juice :mad:

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I often find the second blob lower. I don't know if that's because of contaminants in first one or what?

Can't say I ever found cranberry that great for cystitis tbh. Just lots and lots of plain water , either still or sparkling., maybe with a drop of PLJ in it.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast turkey bacon and mushroom omelette.
Lunch babybel, two strips piri piri chicken ( not keen and much higher in carbs than the chicken tikka) and soya latte
Snack 2 sq dark chocolate
Dinner off out to pub quiz with friends so wil have steak and mushroom stack and salad and pinch 3 chips!!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I just tested three times in a few seconds. 4.30pm. (At 1.30pm I had creamy decaf, cheddar and almonds.)

Left thumb: 6.5
Same thumb, same blood blob: 6.0
Right thumb: 6.1

Hmmm. I think I have cystitis coming on too so will worry about that instead :( Life was easier in the days of guzzling a carton of cranberry juice. The fruit would be bad enough, but they add sugar to the juice :mad:

UTI's,thrush etc are very common side effects of chemo drugs, so we were advised by the oncologist to drink cranberry juice every day to help avoid any problems. I never had any problems that way, but I did get diabetes!

A

Avocado Sevenfold

UTI's,thrush etc are very common side effects of chemo drugs, so we were advised by the oncologist to drink cranberry juice every day to help avoid any problems. I never had any problems that way, but I did get diabetes!
Plain water it is then!

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What about the tablets? Are they any lower.?
Apparently cranberries may not be best treatment anyway. Probiotic yogurts supposed to help restore balance apparently. If you get them frequently I seem to recall my granny was on a low dose daily antibiotic as she always had them due to immobility and being unable to empty bladder effectively.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Ok, have now had a sachet of Tesco cystitis relief (contains sucrose!) , paracetamol and ibuprofen. Drinking lots of water and watching The Chase to distract me. Fingers crossed. (Plan B is to sit in the bath and cry :nurse:)

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok, have now had a sachet of Tesco cystitis relief (contains sucrose!) , paracetamol and ibuprofen. Drinking lots of water and watching The Chase to distract me. Fingers crossed. (Plan B is to sit in the bath and cry :nurse:)
Or see GP for antibiotics. Don't leave it as kidneys are precious things.

Reactions: 3 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Or see GP for antibiotics. Don't leave it as kidneys are precious things.
Thanks Ethyl. I am hoping I can nip it in the bud. It just seemed to come on on the way from work today.

Anyway, back on topic....

Breakfast: cheese omelette (without ketchup...hardcore day!)
Lunch: cheddar, almonds, creamy decaf.
Planned dinner: Quorn fillet, leftover guacamole, salad leaves, chocolate muffin. Gallons of water.

Reactions: 4 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Have you tried cranberry tablets? I've found they work just as well as cranberry juice. I take either of these to ease the hot flushes! :oops:
If I don't have any tablets then I drink no added sugar cranberry classic light juice, it's 3.5g carbs per 250 ml juice. Can I write which brands they both are?
Yes, please say which brand they are :)

Status
Not open for further replies.