Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Shocking 6.2 the morning still aclimatising.
I ate late last night, and I did not exercise as normal. I will do a 60 minutes walk to bring levels down to more acceptable level for today.

Ate a good breakfast, Then one hour after had 30 minutes workout and an additional 30 minutes on the treadmill. Current reading 5.2 pleased with this.

Reactions: 12 people

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fasting also pre Breakfast.....5.1 that's 4 mornings on a row now, great :happy:

Reactions: 17 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bedtime 5.3
This morning 5.7 another :banghead:

I frequently see 4's before tea, but yesterday I also had 4.7 before lunch, my lowest pre-lunch to date. Well chuffed with that. :)

As an aside, have they changed the way photos can be added? I have previously posted some direct from my PC but now it seems to want a URL. Anyone know how to get round this? I use the website from my PC.

Reactions: 12 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 this morning. Don't know how as woke up in panic thinking there was a face looking a me by the bed and then phone rang at 4.15 and 4.45. The line is broken but they can't seem to sort it so phone coming out Friday and just using mobiles thereafter. Nasty optician appointment later so can feel it's going to be one of those edgy days.( they aren't nasty but I have a phobia about eyes and have avoided going for years when I needed to go!)

Reactions: 11 people

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
[QUOTE="Bluetit1802, post: 687924, member: 94045"

As an aside, have they changed the way photos can be added? I have previously posted some direct from my PC but now it seems to want a URL. Anyone know how to get round this? I use the website from my PC.[/QUOTE]

I can't upload photos from my PC either @Bluetit1802 but I can from my Chrome Book. I don't know what the difference is - they are both stored and named in the same way. There's no request for a URL when uploading from my Chrome Book. Sorry can't help but I hope there is a techy whiz who can

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
[QUOTE="Bluetit1802, post: 687924, member: 94045"

As an aside, have they changed the way photos can be added? I have previously posted some direct from my PC but now it seems to want a URL. Anyone know how to get round this? I use the website from my PC.

I can't upload photos from my PC either @Bluetit1802 but I can from my Chrome Book. I don't know what the difference is - they are both stored and named in the same way. There's no request for a URL when uploading from my Chrome Book. Sorry can't help but I hope there is a techy whiz who can[/QUOTE]

Thanks Diana. I only use my PC as I'm at home all day and its easier. I have posted pics before without needing a URL so I don't know what is going on. I really don't want to start uploading every single pic to the web although I do have a Flickr account for my best ones.

S

Sable_Jan

Bedtime 5.3
This morning 5.7 another :banghead:

I frequently see 4's before tea, but yesterday I also had 4.7 before lunch, my lowest pre-lunch to date. Well chuffed with that. :)

If I remember rightly, IF, then along the row where the formatting stuff is there's an icon for adding photos. Does it not let you "browse" your pc from there?

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.1 this morning. Don't know how as woke up in panic thinking there was a face looking a me by the bed and then phone rang at 4.15 and 4.45. The line is broken but they can't seem to sort it so phone coming out Friday and just using mobiles thereafter. Nasty optician appointment later so can feel it's going to be one of those edgy days.( they aren't nasty but I have a phobia about eyes and have avoided going for years when I needed to go!)

I hope your opticians appointment goes better than you expect, @cold ethyl. I had my annual test yesterday and diabetic screening. They didn't use the puff of air this time because they have a new, gentler piece of equipment. The drops were still a bit uncomfortable. TIP - don't wear mascara! I walked around Waitrose afterwards totally unaware I had mascara smudged eyes! I feel greatly encouraged after being told by the optician that she wasn't aware of any noticeable deterioration, despite me not having attended an appointment for 3 years. A letter comes in a week or so with the results.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 9 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Diana. Not my retinal screening as NHS hospital do that and it was ok in July. I've hot family history of glaucoma and one of eyes is playing up a bit so I must get it checked. I hate everything about eyes as my nana lost an eye to a tumour when in her twenties and subsequently instilled a fear of eyes in us all!!! Typically I could only get a late appointment so have all day to fret.
Glad your eyes were ok. Xx

DrAizen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty
Disloyalty
Tardiness
Fasting this morning 5.5( was a bit careless with the carbs last nite). And this morning I decided to try bread for breakfast. Took 3 slices. 1hour post meal 6.33 and 2hours post meal 5.33.

Reactions: 8 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 this morning. To test myself I had a baked potato for the first time since diagnosis with my evening meal last night, 240g of potato, with before/1 hour/2 hour readings coming out at 4.6/10.3/6.4. My (non diabetic) wife tested at the same times on 150g of potato with readings of 6.6/7.3/6.6. I was surprised at the 10.3 which is the highest reading I have had since I got my meter in January, but I interpret this as my pancreas, while not working as it should, can still deal with carbs quite well. I did a further 2 readings at 3 and 4 hours to record 3.9 and 4.5, so it looks like there was a bit of "overshoot" and then recovery.

Maxwell

Maxwell - If that was your first baked potato in a while (how about other fast release carbs?), you my have experienced some enzyme lag. By that I mean, your body hasn't been used to coping with that sort of food for a while and doesn't get it's enzyme production quite right, at the first time of asking. You can "prove" this by repeating the meal, whithin a few days ideally, and see what happens.

I know from introducing a few more carb options myself, I had an uncomfortable few days whilst my body got the hang of it all. Now I'm back to staying in the 4s after roast potatoes or chips. I haven't had a baked potato for a while, for no other reason than we just haven't.

I'm not trying to encourage you, or anyone else, to up the carbs, but explaining what myself, and others have found. There is some research work out there talking about feedback loops and enzyme production being influenced by the previous days' eating patterns, if you want to have a search.

Reactions: 6 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I seem to be settling with my "go-to" 4.1 again, which I am very comfortable with.

Mr B has a stated objective of some retail therapy over the next few days. He wants some more trousers, as he seems to be settling a waist size down (and looking goooood on it), and he likes it.

Now, I'm happy to have retail therapy, but I get whiplash with the speed of his attack on the rails. I may be traumatised later.

Reactions: 11 people
S

Sable_Jan

Fasting this morning 5.5( was a bit careless with the carbs last nite). And this morning I decided to try bread for breakfast. Took 3 slices. 1hour post meal 6.33 and 2hours post meal 5.33.
Wow!! With THREE slices of bread most would have at least double figures if not in the high teens.

Reactions: 2 people

Bouncer

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I too can have 2 slices of white bread with no reaction, however bananas & pears cause all sorts of problems. Just proves that we are all different and we must all test to establish our own limits.
I personally can't be faffed wirh all this weighing & counting.
I just have two lists. One for foods that I can tolerate and a list for those foods I should avoid.
This makes life simplier for me.
If I am about to try somethong I've not tested before I follow the procedure that you all recommend & test just before & 2 hours after & then add the result to the appropiate list.
Great foram I 've learnt so much. Many thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 10 people
Status
Not open for further replies.