Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bedtime 5.3
This morning 5.7 another :banghead:

I frequently see 4's before tea, but yesterday I also had 4.7 before lunch, my lowest pre-lunch to date. Well chuffed with that. :)

As an aside, have they changed the way photos can be added? I have previously posted some direct from my PC but now it seems to want a URL. Anyone know how to get round this? I use the website from my PC.
Sorry, I upload loads of photos but use the iPhone up for that.

Pavlos

Ps good counts

Reactions: 3 people

Rose28

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
image.jpg

Just testing to see whether or not I can upload photos from the iPad

Reactions: 8 people

Rose28

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
9.7 this morning .... That's not surprising after a mega carb binge yesterday evening. So disgusted with myself but it's taught me a huge lesson. CARBS ARE POISON :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 10 people
S

Sable_Jan

I now have a confession to make. Sitting here feeling rather guilty and embarrassed. Picked up the new strips from the P.O.. put a pot into my test kit and the other 3 in the cupboard - and found a new, unopened box sat there on the shelf..... I never looked; so convinced I was on my last pot. Tested approx 2 hrs after lunch of very oaty, very seeded toast wth lots of butter and peanut butter. 6.7 but set reminder for another hour to check again.

Reactions: 4 people

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks Diana. Not my retinal screening as NHS hospital do that and it was ok in July. I've hot family history of glaucoma and one of eyes is playing up a bit so I must get it checked. I hate everything about eyes as my nana lost an eye to a tumour when in her twenties and subsequently instilled a fear of eyes in us all!!! Typically I could only get a late appointment so have all day to fret.
Glad your eyes were ok. Xx

Oh gosh, @cold ethyl I'm not surprised you have a fear. I do hope this afternoon went OK and you can have a nice relaxing evening, knowing that it is over. Let us know how it went and treat yourself with a little reward for being brave ... :) xx

Reactions: 5 people

Louleelou

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I do not know too much about ulcers. What is the treatment for them, medication, diet, surgery

I'm currently on medication for my ulcer (2 x Lansoprazole daily) Matter of fact I've had to stop taking them today, you can't take them 2 weeks before having the Urea Breath test. The test checks for a bacteria called H. Pylori, which if I'm found positive it may have caused the ulcer. The test also checks for other gastric conditions!! If I'm diagnosed with H.Pylori & it is the cause of my ulcer the initial treatment is 2 different courses of antibiotics, back on the Lansoprazole & hopefully that will be it. So it's just a bit of a waiting game ATM, I'm stuck in Limbo Land it feels! (Hope it explains a bit though)

My BG level on waking this morning was 19.2, skipped breakfast. Level 2 hours after lunch, (cheese omelette & handful of Walnuts) 16.9. Checked my Ketones as I've got the Ketostix sticks from my GP & was showing Faible, GL,0.15.

It's now almost Tea time & don't have a clue what to have or what I fancy. In fact I'd love a take away of anything, any ideas anyone?

Hope everyone is well & having a good day.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bacon, eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms, and lots of each. Followed by strawberries and cream or unsweetened plain yogurt.

Reactions: 5 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh gosh, @cold ethyl I'm not surprised you have a fear. I do hope this afternoon went OK and you can have a nice relaxing evening, knowing that it is over. Let us know how it went and treat yourself with a little reward for being brave ... :) xx

everything was fine. No sign of glaucoma, optic nerve looks fine, retina fine- missed one on fields vision but I blinked a few times as eye sore and he said it was fine anyway- new reading specs to collect Monday that match my hair( purple) and hopefully the eye pain I've been having for ages will stop- otherwise it's not my eyes and could be neuralgia or cluster headaches and need to see GP not optician. He even said I looked thinner ( I see him lot in the coffee shop I frequent!)
BS up a bit after appointment so treats may have to wait till tomorrow or consist of a 1lb of cheese! Thanks for asking xxx

Reactions: 13 people
S

Sable_Jan

5.6(I think-its all logged on my meter) before tea tonight 5.8 2hrs later. Kedgeree made wth 2oz brown rice, half pack Basics fish pie mix, 2ozs frozen peas 2 med boiled eggs wth butter fried mushrooms & tomato on side (rice cooked wth veg stock cube and dried parsley in fish poaching water should anyone wish to try it :)

Reactions: 7 people
S

Sable_Jan

everything was fine. No sign of glaucoma, optic nerve looks fine, retina fine- missed one on fields vision but I blinked a few times as eye sore and he said it was fine anyway- new reading specs to collect Monday that match my hair( purple) and hopefully the eye pain I've been having for ages will stop- otherwise it's not my eyes and could be neuralgia or cluster headaches and need to see GP not optician. He even said I looked thinner ( I see him lot in the coffee shop I frequent!)
BS up a bit after appointment so treats may have to wait till tomorrow or consist of a 1lb of cheese! Thanks for asking xxx
Glad the eyes are AOK. The cheese treat sounds fine to me ;). Lancashire? Congrats on the weight loss, so nice when people notice :)

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.