Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alliebee

Just tested again on my other meter and got a 7.1
I'm going to this one for fasting. And the other for daytime readings!!! Job sorted.
( denial). :)

Reactions: 14 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6. Thought I'd be higher as high for me at bedtime after carby dinner. Did have a snack at 11ish so maybe liver thinks I'm still full as opposed yo having had throat cut!

Reactions: 14 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 at bedtime
5.2 at 2am bathroom visit
5.2 this morning
5.2 before breakfast

I think my meter has stuck, I was mid to low 5's all yesterday from mid afternoon through to this morning. :) I hope I can keep this up. My HbA1c is due in December.

Reactions: 19 people
S

Sable_Jan

;)5.3 this morning - went to bed on 4.7 with my virtually carb free hot chocolate and a cheese portion
I use cocoa powder and soya milk for mine - Sainsbury's "fresh" one. Carbs a lot lower than their longlife one strangely.... Added teaspoon of creamed coconut last time - was tasty. How'd you make yours?

Reactions: 5 people
S

Sable_Jan

5.5 at bedtime
5.2 at 2am bathroom visit
5.2 this morning
5.2 before breakfast

I think my meter has stuck, I was mid to low 5's all yesterday from mid afternoon through to this morning. :) I hope I can keep this up. My HbA1c is due in December.
Think it thought it had better give you a bit of consistency considering recent figures. Was probs worried you'd change it for new one ;-).
Dropped to 5.6 b4 brekky

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just tested again on my other meter and got a 7.1
I'm going to this one for fasting. And the other for daytime readings!!! Job sorted.
( denial). :)
As someone far wiser than me said on this thread - when you retest it is an acknowledged fact that the lower count is always the correct one. :)

Pavlos

Was it you who said that? Sounds like something you would say! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 6 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.0 this morning - have my cold back with a vengeance. The sore throat and cough was so bad last night I had to take some cough medicine which was full of sugar. Think tHat is why I was so high this morning. My dad has just brought me round some new sugar free cough stuff and it's disgusting lol

S

Sable_Jan

8.0 this morning - have my cold back with a vengeance. The sore throat and cough was so bad last night I had to take some cough medicine which was full of sugar. Think tHat is why I was so high this morning. My dad has just brought me round some new sugar free cough stuff and it's disgusting lol
Well my Mum always said the nastiest medicine does you most good! Tho that was probs so I would take it :rolleyes:;) Hope you are feeling better soon

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Get better soon Kezzer. :bigtears:

Reactions: 2 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I use cocoa powder and soya milk for mine - Sainsbury's "fresh" one. Carbs a lot lower than their longlife one strangely.... Added teaspoon of creamed coconut last time - was tasty. How'd you make yours?
Cocoa powder, sweetener, hot water then add splash of double cream- must try the coconut though !!

Reactions: 4 people

Rose28

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Sorry to hear you're feeling poorly Kezzer.
Have you tried Robitussun sugar free cough medicines for dry or chesty coughs? They don't taste too bad and work wonders every time.

alliebee

As someone far wiser than me said on this thread - when you retest it is an acknowledged fact that the lower count is always the correct one. :)

Pavlos

Was it you who said that? Sounds like something you would say! :)
I did. But it was plagarised from Jane Austin. Lol

Reactions: 8 people

alliebee

It is a truth, universally acknowledged , that a single man, posessed of a large fortune, must be in want of a wife. Lol

Reactions: 10 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
5.6 this morning - same as last night's preprandial and 5.5 2 hours after dinner.

Reactions: 10 people
Status
Not open for further replies.