Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Hi Mike

Are you saying that you are waking up counts will increase after an hour irrespective of whether you have breakfast or not?

Does the jump/liver dump still take place if you have breakfast soon after waking up?

Have you experimented with having a small nighttime snack ( say glass of milk or small bit of cheese or similar) either before going to bed or when you get up at night, if you do? If you increase your nighttime glucose level then your liver may decide that you have sufficient glucose in your blood and not dump more at dawn.

Pavlos

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

In effect, yes Pavlos

That said, I always have breakfast as I'm invariably hungry. It's the one hour counts that show a jump of (say around 1 to 2) and the fact they don't drop down. In fact more than often they go up at the 2 hour mark and then drop back to "normal"

I will try the evening snack and see what happens :) I really hate what the morning reads are.

Mike

]

Reactions: 3 people

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.3 bedtime
7.0 fasting

Aching all over from workout yesterday with Personal Trainer but on a positive note her all-singing, all-dancing weighing machine shows a weight loss of 19lbs since she last weighed me and reductions in BMI and all the others measurements. Waiting for her to email me the comparisons with inch losses too

Big road trip today to Kidderminster so packing up a healthy snack box and flask of creamy coffee so I won't be tempted to swing into the Starbucks Drive-Thru :arghh:

Happy Sunday everyone

Reactions: 15 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.2 this morning after a bit of a disturbed night with my teenage daughter having a strange turn. Think its going to be a long day today

Reactions: 13 people

Silver Hammer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Back down at 4.7 this morning:). Off for a cycle ride now; good cycling weather is now "well it's not actually raining, is it?"

Maxwell

Reactions: 16 people

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1417336484.951592.jpg

Guess who's a happy camper today?

Weighed in at under 90kg for the first time in ages.

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1417336523.024177.jpg

Pavlos

Reactions: 17 people

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
6.6 this morning.

An odd reading, but then again, it was a completely different day for me yesterday, compared to the last few months, as I was giving my muscles a good workout for a change, and eating more than normal, of different foods, and still seeing good numbers last night, so far too many changes in one day to make any sense out of it all.

But I just had the normal Ryvita and ham and cheese, and am going to spend the day walking around the Christmas markets, and the shops in Bath, (I've even found an old pedometer to see how many steps I'll make), so again, it'll be exercise and different food for me.

Reactions: 7 people

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.6 this morning.

An odd reading, but then again, it was a completely different day for me yesterday, compared to the last few months, as I was giving my muscles a good workout for a change, and eating more than normal, of different foods, and still seeing good numbers last night, so far too many changes in one day to make any sense out of it all.

But I just had the normal Ryvita and ham and cheese, and am going to spend the day walking around the Christmas markets, and the shops in Bath, (I've even found an old pedometer to see how many steps I'll make), so again, it'll be exercise and different food for me.
Sounds like a really nice way to spend a Sunday. I spent many years in Bristol and Bath was always a lovely place to visit. Enjoy!

Pavlos

Reactions: 2 people

VinnyJames

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fasting BG 5.9

1 hour post breakfast 9.0

2 hour post breakfast 6.6

Breakfast was 3 Weetabix and 300ml of full fat milk equivalent to 52.7g of carbs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 9 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
5.5 before bed, 4.7 wake up.

Into Manchester today with wife & 2 of my daughters & son in law for brunch.

Could be interesting since its a free lunch because the hotel completely messed up our last meal there , we shall see.

Have a great day everyone.

Reactions: 12 people
S

Sable_Jan

5.5 before bed, 4.7 wake up.

Into Manchester today with wife & 2 of my daughters & son in law for brunch.

Could be interesting since its a free lunch because the hotel completely messed up our last meal there , we shall see.

Have a great day everyone.
Nice to see customer service not completely dead. Hope the lunch is a good one ;-):)

S

Sable_Jan

6.6 this morning.

But still a decent reading

S

Sable_Jan

Fasting BG 5.9

1 hour post breakfast 9.0

2 hour post breakfast 6.6

Breakfast was 3 Weetabix and 300ml of full fat milk equivalent to 52.7g of carbs.
Bit of a spike but no surprise after 3 Weetabix. Your body coped well dropping again so quickly :)

VinnyJames

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Was just experimenting - I rarely eat that many carbs in a full day normally. Ive never seen 11.0 on my meter before. I had a little mini panic! I was delighted to see the 6.6 reading. That may mean my body responded with a good amount of insulin....

Reactions: 5 people
S

Sable_Jan

Was just experimenting - I rarely eat that many carbs in a full day normally. Ive never seen 11.0 on my meter before. I had a little mini panic! I was delighted to see the 6.6 reading. That may mean my body responded with a good amount of insulin....
Handy to know if ever faced wth a buffet of carbs, more carbs and even higher carbs and you are starving hungry. Went to a talk at vets other nite, didn't know there'd be a buffet so ate tea at home first, thankfully. Pre diagnosis days looked a buffet made in heaven....my friend said the sausage rolls were "to die for" but I thought "not just yet" ;)

Reactions: 10 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@kimbo1962 hope your daughter is ok now.

6.1 here. Big meal out last night which I enjoyed at time but had a rough night's sleep with. Very vivid dreams and woke up hot and sweaty at 7 which I haven't done for ages. Also I can't physically cope with that volume of food these days which is a good thing I guess but heck I felt nauseous for hours at bedtime. Lesson leant.

Reactions: 15 people
Status
Not open for further replies.