Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sable_Jan

@dianagrace sounds like you're having a lovely, if exhausting time, wth your baby granddaughter and family. And doing so well with resisting temptation :)

S

Sable_Jan

I don't want to appear to be raining on your BBQ, but I would suggest testing a bit longer with the lasagne (pasta generally), as it's infamous for sneaking up over a longer period. I certainly found I was fine at a couple of hours, but after 3 I had gone up further and stayed there for several hours. I'm not alone in these findings.

I hope you're not one of us who reacts in this way, but it's probably worth a few strips just to be sure.
Thanks for your concern @AndBreathe Was only 5 sheets for the whole thing, weighing in at 100gs so carbs was 72/4 erm 18. Sauce was thin and made with soya milk. Am testing it again at lunchtime. The garlic bread was half of one of those mini part-baked ones. Some carbs in the "meat" as it was Sainsbury's soya one.

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
7.0 high for me but I think it's nerves because I am going to guys hospital for prostrate cancer tests today ::((

Reactions: 7 people
S

Sable_Jan

7.0 high for me but I think it's nerves because I am going to guys hospital for prostrate cancer tests today ::((
Hope all goes well and the results are a resounding NEGATIVE. my Dad had it in middle-age but with an op and medication he lived to 72..... :)

S

Sable_Jan

Mmmm, interesting
Yesterday 4.9 to 5.3
Today 5.2 to 8.2
Same two toast breakfast...... Glad I did test it again today...
Just checked test time 8:44-11:12 yesterday
9:26-11:35 today
2hrs 28 mins yesterday
2hrs 08 mins today...... Guess that's it - gotta be more accurate on timings

Reactions: 3 people

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Mmmm, interesting
Yesterday 4.9 to 5.3
Today 5.2 to 8.2
Same two toast breakfast...... Glad I did test it again today...
I had similar today. 6.8 before breakfast and tested again at 1-3/4 hrs to drive to doctors, Its 9.4 !!.The only difference today was no blackberries on the yogurt. Perhaps I was a bit heavy with the sprinkle of granola ??
smiley-face-thatsit.gif

Reactions: 4 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
I'm afraid I'm not sure... I'm thinking it may be a cardinal? I asked Mr Google for a pic of red bird in the snow and this beauty caught my eye!

Ah, I thought it was yours. You don't know where the photo was taken then?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Good luck Clive. My daughter's father-in-law is still going at 81 after prostate and bladder cancer several years ago. Think positive.

Reactions: 2 people

Rose28

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well the only thing that I have done differently this week consistently is have that half glass of juiced BITTER GOURD. My number after my walk this morning is 4.6. :D

Yesterday had to get a sandwich from Greggs before business meeting. TUNA CRUNCH brown bread I was only 6.2 after two hours.
Maybe it is a combination of everything, exercise, diet. accumulative sustained focus. I am NOT working out in a gym though. All I do is my two mile walk which has got brisker everyday as I have got fitter and stronger.

Thanks for all your support and guidance, legends members and management team. HURRAH!!

Ooh another one who has seen the effects of bitter gourd on blood sugars. :)

It works for me too! At different times, I've tried bitter gourd tablets, bottled bitter gourd juice and the actual vegetable eaten raw in salad ( an acquired taste and I can only eat a small amount) and I've added it into a curry.

So how do you manage to drink 'HALF GLASS OF BITTER GOURD JUICE'? :eek:

Do you juice 1 whole bitter gourd at home?

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
NE USA then - thanks for looking it up!

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 average this morning .. Highest 6.8. Lowest 5.7. Another day , another sore throat. Can't seem to shake this off.. Never turns really bad, but any late nights of whatever, it is back. the Xmas gift that keeps giving.

Reactions: 8 people
Status
Not open for further replies.