Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Higher than usual this morning, and not sure why, double tested but went up.
6.0 Went to bed on this most unusual
6.2 Fasting Pre Breakfast
6.9 1hr
6.5 2hr

Reactions: 4 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks SJ :)

Possibly but that's what i want to find out. Does cutting back or quitting cut down BS and if so, by how much. I'll soon know I guess.

The dollars saved are huge ... I was smoking 40+ two weeks ago and got up to 50 + when first diagnosed as I was super tense.

I can tell you one thing. yesterday I had a 4 hour break and when I lit up, it tasted disgusting. Mike :)

I would guess, and it can only be a guess as I'm a lifelong non-smoker, that if your bloods go up a bit, it would be transient as your body is a bit stressed by your lack of nicotine; a bit like carb withdrawal. Your body could be trying to keep you in a physiologically misplaced "happy place". Stick it out, and if my hypothesis is correct, you'll moderate back to your more usual place.

But, yet again, Mike, this is sort of another one-off, at this stage? We can't drawn any conclusions from one-offs.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.2 for me this morning after a big Christmas dinner yesterday. There was so much lovely food on offer I found myself still munching on when everyone else had finished. OK, so I side-stepped the honey roast parsnips and a few other super-carb-tastic bits, but there was LOADS of delicious food on offer, I wasn't in the least tempted; just for the sake of it.

Life is good on Planet Breathe.

Reactions: 9 people
S

Sable_Jan

Sorry to hear that @Sable_Jan {{BigHugs}}
My grandad died of it when I was little, at about the same age, maybe a little older. I'm still haunted by the memory of sitting on his knee, so proudly and carefully rolling his roll ups for him while he laughed and hugged me. Then watching him politely try to smoke them rather than hurt my feelings. Bless him :angelic:
That's so sad and so sweet all at the same time big hugs back x

S

Sable_Jan

4.2 for me this morning after a big Christmas dinner yesterday. There was so much lovely food on offer I found myself still munching on when everyone else had finished. OK, so I side-stepped the honey roast parsnips and a few other super-carb-tastic bits, but there was LOADS of delicious food on offer, I wasn't in the least tempted; just for the sake of it.

Life is good on Planet Breathe.
Well done!! Think that fits into the "easy when you know how" bracket - sounds like resistance wad easy too - well done girl, am proud of you :)

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't worry Kezzer i am working tomorrow 8-1.:):)
Remember when i worked in a children's nursery and we worked until 1pm on Christmas eve
Sent from my GT-S5830i using DCUK Forum mobile app

We had a boarding kennels and cattery for over 20 years until we retired. Poo shovelling Christmas Day (and every other day 7 days a week 50 weeks a year) wasn't much fun whilst trying to host Christmas dinner for the entire family. Loved every minute apart from Christmas!

Reactions: 8 people
S

Sable_Jan

We had a boarding kennels and cattery for over 20 years until we retired. Poo shovelling Christmas Day (and every other day 7 days a week 50 weeks a year) wasn't much fun whilst trying to host Christmas dinner for the entire family. Loved every minute apart from Christmas!
Same here, though Rescue, not boarding. 5 GSD with me and 7 with Rescue Partner tho hopefully one has new home today. Lots of "presents" to pick up :eek:

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
After 3 days of fasting: 4.1 this morning. Now time to break the fast with some bacon and an Americano.

Reactions: 8 people
S

Sable_Jan

Yup. Not as hard as it sounds if you've been low carbing.
I've felt so hungry past few days - ok up to my 2 hr test then wham, growly tummy the lot....must've been having the hunger pangs for you ;-). What effect does it have on diabetes/blood sugar levels?

Reactions: 2 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow Bluetit - you have made me feel better lol Whilst I often feel I am shoveling poo metaphorically, as much as I love animals I am glad I don't have to do it Christmas day :)

Reactions: 7 people

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
I've felt so hungry past few days - ok up to my 2 hr test then wham, growly tummy the lot....must've been having the hunger pangs for you ;-). What effect does it have on diabetes/blood sugar levels?
Not sure how accurate my meter is, but they seem to have stabilized around 4 to 4.5, which is very low for me. Each day they decreased and flattened out. Interestingly, they rose between 6 am and noon, then went back down each day, but with a smaller rise each day. I also lost 5 pounds. Maybe I'll start a thread on my results. I recommend a fast for any type 2 not on meds. I really felt fine during it. I even feel like my memory improved for some reason.

Reactions: 7 people
Status
Not open for further replies.