Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
5.1 before dinner
5.5 after
5.5 fasting

John and mike really well done for stopping and reducing smoking. Its very hard and yes gettong on to ecigs help getting off completely I have read so worth a try.
Thanks brettsza ... ecigs are banned here .... so the hard way or the highway for moi :)

So be it. Cutting my intake by 2/3 rds without feeling "freaky" is just amazing. Gonna try 6 to 8 tomorrow and if it's less, then great:)

Reactions: 6 people
S

Sable_Jan

@miked and @JohnD54
You've made my Christmas. My ex husband was a 40+ a day smoker and died of lung cancer at 56. Our kids 28, 35 and 38 still miss him dreadfully 5 years on. Thank you :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks brettsza ... ecigs are banned here .... so the hard way or the highway for moi :)

So be it. Cutting my intake by 2/3 rds without feeling "freaky" is just amazing. Gonna try 6 to 8 tomorrow and if it's less, then great:)
Woaah Mike! Well done you!
A friend here who had smoked for many years switched to e-cig and literally within days even lost the urge for that and is now a non-smoker! Didn't know about the ban there? I've never smoked in my life so don't have that battle ! Keep going

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.6 here, higher end of my average, early awakening again at 3am and didn't settle fully again

Reactions: 8 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
@miked and @JohnD54
You've made my Christmas. My ex husband was a 40+ a day smoker and died of lung cancer at 56. Our kids 28, 35 and 38 still miss him dreadfully 5 years on. Thank you :)

SJ. Those words (which made me mist up a little bit) just made me even MORE determined. Thank YOU :)

More strength to do this :) Nite and sleep well Sable Jan

Mike :)

EDIT - Should have added this. Had to drop my fave foods (pizza and fries but only once a month anyhow), had to give up my fave drink (Guinness) dismiss any sweets so how hard can this be? I've survived the rest of it, feel a whole lot better for it and have you guys to thank for it :) Some members think I inspire others with what I've done?

No.

Reverse is the case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 8 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Woaah Mike! Well done you!
A friend here who had smoked for many years switched to e-cig and literally within days even lost the urge for that and is now a non-smoker! Didn't know about the ban there? I've never smoked in my life so don't have that battle ! Keep going

Thanks kimbo .... reckon I'm over the stress, diet's fine, numbers are good so go for the nest target :) Love ya :)

Mike

Reactions: 3 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
SJ. Those words (which made me mist up a little bit) just made me even MORE determined. Thank YOU :)

More strength to do this :) Nite and sleep well Sable Jan

Mike :)

EDIT - Should have added this. Had to drop my fave foods (pizza and fries but only once a month anyhow), had to give up my fave drink (Guinness) dismiss any sweets so how hard can this be? I've survived the rest of it, feel a whole lot better for it and have you guys to thank for it :) Some members think I inspire others with what I've done?

No.

Reverse is the case.
Reckon we all inspire each other here in this lovely group Mike;)

Reactions: 4 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good luck with the non-smoking @Mike D

5.9 today which I'll take since I forgot meds last night ( didn't actually eat enough to take them with as out) and I've been awake most of night with wind and rain lashing against window. Feel rough today but have to go out shortly to do last bits of shopping and collect a turkey.

Reactions: 7 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
5.7 after high protein (and larger portion than I should have really) dinner last night.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Good luck with the non-smoking @Mike D

5.9 today which I'll take since I forgot meds last night ( didn't actually eat enough to take them with as out) and I've been awake most of night with wind and rain lashing against window. Feel rough today but have to go out shortly to do last bits of shopping and collect a turkey.

As far as meds go, thanks for the reminder !!! ... and the good luck :)

S

Sable_Jan

4.7 for me this morning. Strange day yesterday. Apart from breakfast when I wad up 0.2 on my fasting my BEFORE meals were 0.3 HIGHER than post....nothing above 5.7 until I treated myself to BIG juicy sweet cox apple :p. Pre 5.4 post 6.2 at one hr 6.5 at 2hrs.

Reactions: 9 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Higher than the last few days, but self inflicted. Roast dinner last night as usual, but overdid the gravy as a trial for Christmas Day

5.9 at bedtime
5.7 this morning

Reactions: 9 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.6 fasting
9.6 before breakfast...

if felt so wrong this morning driving into work... there was hardly a car on the road which was of course lovely... but I have to ask myself what I am doing working right up until the 24th..when everyone and his dog seems to be on holiday now:bigtears:

Reactions: 7 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
7.6 fasting
9.6 before breakfast...

if felt so wrong this morning driving into work... there was hardly a car on the road which was of course lovely... but I have to ask myself what I am doing working right up until the 24th..when everyone and his dog seems to be on holiday now:bigtears:
Don't worry Kezzer i am working tomorrow 8-1.:):)
Remember when i worked in a children's nursery and we worked until 1pm on Christmas eve
Sent from my GT-S5830i using DCUK Forum mobile app

S

Sable_Jan

7.6 fasting
9.6 before breakfast...

Just think of the mad Christmas rush in the shops you are missing and of the extra days holidays you will have left over when all else have used theirs up ;) and the sun is shining

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
6.8 this morning chest starting to settle a bit. Back at doctors later hope to reduce steroids and maybe go back to preventive antibiotics. Watch this space:):)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 10 people
Status
Not open for further replies.