BS readings

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 fasting
6.5 post breakfast /pre lunch
5 post lunch
pre dinner and post- may get them or not as off to SILs for " do"- have packed three cheese portions and two mini sausages in my bag in case there's nothing but pastry nibbles.

Reactions: 6 people

xendistar

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Well today was a better day even though I tried to ruin it.

Pre breakfast 5.8 no 2hrs after as we were out shopping
Pre lunch 5.9, 2hrs after 6.5
Pre evening meal 5.5, 2hrs after 7.2

Lunch time I had a large portion of quiche (shop bought) and some small ham and cheese corissants, I had to wash my van after lunch (think large Ford Transit sized van) so that helped pull the two hour reading down to 6.5. Evening meal was a large roast with roast potato's and fresh cherries after.

Reactions: 8 people

Rosie1953

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not a good day today.

Fasting pre breakfast. 5.2 weetabix milk and handful blueberries.

Pre lunch 4.9. 2 hard boiled eggs and 2 ryvita crispbreads. Apple

Post lunch after 2hrs. 5.3

Pre dinner....... Out for meal so didn't test. 1/2 rack spare ribs, 6 oz rump steak, 3 battered onions and some chips.
(Yes very naughty. Should not have chips but all the meals came with either chips or potatoes.)

1 hour post dinner 6.7

11/2 hours later 6.4

Snack hand full salted peanuts.

Bed time reading 7.0.

Reactions: 3 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not a good day today.

Fasting pre breakfast. 5.2 weetabix milk and handful blueberries.

Pre lunch 4.9. 2 hard boiled eggs and 2 ryvita crispbreads. Apple

Post lunch after 2hrs. 5.3

Pre dinner....... Out for meal so didn't test. 1/2 rack spare ribs, 6 oz rump steak, 3 battered onions and some chips.
(Yes very naughty. Should not have chips but all the meals came with either chips or potatoes.)

1 hour post dinner 6.7

11/2 hours later 6.4

Snack hand full salted peanuts.

Bed time reading 7.0.
Hi Rose, your results look good to me... currently I seem to be running a lot higher... I think the change in medication is partly to do with it.. but I also think that I am eating more what with it being cold and grey...and of course all the fun of Christmas :(

Reactions: 2 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What did you have for lunch? Were you naughty?
No I had a tried and tested meal - I had home made crustless bacon & cheese quiche and salad with mayo - nothing I haven't eaten before. I didn't drink anything but water until my 2hr test.. The only thing I can thank of that was different was that about an hour and a half after lunch I had to walk down to our other office - it was a 15minute round journey - so I don't think that should have affected me. I washed my hands before testing also - but I couldn't test again as I didn't bring enough strips with me.. which reminds me that I must order some more :)

cairnlady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well, fasting (before breakfast) 6.3
Forgot to test before lunch.
Went out with friend for lovely carvery lunch of Turkey, gammon, two small roast potatoes, peas, cauliflower, but was naughty and had lemon meringue (did not eat crust) and ice cream. Had diet coke to drink.
Two hours later 7.6. (Following a 30 minute walk with dog!)

Have only just started testing so now have someting to aim below!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fasting 5.6
after breakfast 6.5
Then Oh dear. Went out to lunch with daughter, only to local café bar and wasn't hungry. I had 2 poached eggs on a single piece of bloomer wholemeal toast with loads of butter, and 2 glasses of tap water. Nothing else.
Didn't test before but average pre-lunch is 5.6
1 hour 7.6
2 hours 9.0
2.5hrs 9.6
3hrs 6.3 after a walk in a howling gale.

I often have this meal at home (with my own Hovis Seed Sensations) with never above a 1mmol/l rise at any time. I just do not understand why it went so high. Clearly the type of bread caused it, and according to the internet it is high in carbs, but even at 20g that was a ridiculous rise.

EDIT back to the 5's at 3hrs 20 mins

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 7 people

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
I have had the odd spike for no reason,dont know why it happends.

Reactions: 6 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
fasting 5.9
pre lunch 6 then only had two squares dark chocolate and soy latte as needed to go collect turkey
pre dinner 5.2 can feel my liver dumping so higher than I like going into dinner.

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
I have never been lower than 4 or higher than 9,but always feel shaky before my evening meal about 6pm,and test about 5,so I dont understand.,Its the only time of day I feel strange.

Reactions: 4 people