Does being diabetic affect who you'll vote for?

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
In 2010, US income tax was slightly more than 1,500bn. In the same year, interest payments were 242bn. Somewhere, your sources numbers don't add up.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
There's a lot of disinformation from the government and the Fed about income tax in America but since 1913 all income tax has gone to pay interest to the Fed and in other ways goes to the military banking industrial complex.
The American people are waking up in ever greater numbers to the reality of their corrupt monetary system and with that awakening is the appearance of a police state.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
How Banks Create Money Out of Nothing
http://prosperityuk.com/2002/02/how-banks-create-money-out-of-nothing/

MRP_Logo_WonB_70px.gif

The Money Reform Party

http://www.moneyreformparty.org.uk/

Yes its gone way off topic but maybe the topic was done and dusted and if not I'm sure it will track back to where it belongs when someone wants that.
Some good reading above for anyone interested in this kind of stuff.
The reality of the world and stuff around us is rarely the way we have been led to believe.
We are fed distractions lies and omissions on a daily basis and one reason the government don't like the internet .... probably the main reason is people are coming to realise and say hang on a minute why .... what when .... but I thought ....
Governments are becoming desperate to control the information available to us the public.
If I were a gambling man I'd put money on it that terrorists don't plot stuff openly on face book or in emails.
I

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
We’re campaigning for the power to create money to be used in the public interest, in a democratic, transparent and accountable way, rather than by the same banks that caused the financial crisis.

We’re based in the UK but have sister organisations in 17 countries.

positive-money-graphic.jpeg

http://www.positivemoney.org/

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Essentially, what you are campaigning for is that fractional reserve banking is cancelled and that all money transactions are backed by movement of physical currency. It's a very good way of making everyone feel very poor!

The way the monetary system works has never been hidden. It is taught in all economics courses and "economics-lite" courses. No-one is trying to hide that information.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
It would virtually eliminate income tax.
Third world debt would be over in no time.
Nations wouldn't be going bankrupt because banks created money out of thin air and let it to them at interest.
Greece is interesting.
It went bust thanks to corruption and Goldman Sachs. Along come the cavalry to bail it out .... there a loaded term if ever there was one.
The country was forced to borrow billons of quids.
85 % of it went straight to banks but the Greek people have to pay it back plus interest.
Talk about criminal and immoral.
Our monetary system does not run in favour of the worlds people or of governments.
It runs in favour of the international bankers.
What is being proposed is that private banks have to have 100% reserves and government creates its own money interest free.
American presidents have fought the international bankers so they can have the right to produce their own interest free money.
Every president that has been shot has challenged the private bankers monopoly on money creation.
Andrew Jackson even has on his tombstone .... I beat the banks.

America for a while did print it's own currency interest free but Rothschilds and the bank of Englad threatened to destroy them if they didn't stop with Rothschild promising them a devastating war.
The war came .... the war of independence which is all about money creation and not the official story.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Can we all get back on track please, the question in the thread title is Does being diabetic affect who you'll vote for?

Reactions: 2 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Can we all get back on track please, the question in the thread title is Does being diabetic affect who you'll vote for?

Only if I'm having a hypo at the time.. The "X" could go anywhere due to poor vision & lack of coordination.. ;)

Reactions: 4 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Only if I'm having a hypo at the time.. The "X" could go anywhere due to poor vision & lack of coordination.. ;)

I concur with you Jaylee, very good :D

Scardoc

Going back the OP as I have only just picked up this thread – I would not vote for anyone based on being a T1 diabetic. If the day ever comes when we start having to pay for diabetic medication or have insurance then there are many other factors that would need taken into consideration (ie National Insurance rates).

The NHS will be used as a political football between now and May and Labour, in my eyes, are doing most of the dribbling just now. They are pedalling the myth that the Tories are privatising the NHS. A small percentage of the NHS is being run by private companies, less than 5%, and this is very much experimental to see if it can be done better. This is not privatisation. Privatisation is the Post Office and look at how that is going!
The NHS should, for me, be put on a pedestal and should be governed by a cross party agreement to take it out of the bickering that goes on and to stop it being chopped and changed every 4/8 years . Along with the parties the NHS should have a greater say in how it is run. At least then we could be told that here’s a 15 year plan and all parties have had their say and agree. Give it a chance.
I am also in favour of Government owned companies manufacturing medical supplies. I am quite convinced that they could pay well above the minimum wage for employee’s, take a small profit and still be cheaper than what they pay for supplies now!!