Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reades

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks all - everyone on here is so lovely and supportive - I feel as though I soend my life thinking about what I am going to eat, worrying about what I have eaten, worrying about what my pre meal figure will be and then worrying again about my post prandial figure,,, that's a whole lot of thinking and worrying to get through each day. I have learnt so much on this forum though as haven't seen a doctor or.nurse since diagnosis - so thanks :)

Reactions: 10 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Absolutely... :) I use pure cacao, hot water, cream and coconut oil usually... or coconut milk sometimes... I always sweeten it, even though I don't have a sweet tooth - it's very bitter without anything in it... :) I sweeten with Stevia as it's a natural leaf and they say it's the best...
Love my hot chocolate every night, cocoa, sweetener and double cream usually - but I picked up some alpro coconut milk while shopping the other day, on offer in morrisons for £1.....think I may well try that tonight??!

Reactions: 4 people

catfan

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Too many to list.
6.1 this am.

Don't feel my best today, typical Metformin Nausea & Tummy Ache, not eating much.

Reactions: 11 people

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
These posts sometimes make me feel a little anxious when people show a frowny face if they get a fasting bs in the late 6 low 7s. I am completely low carbing and have bought my fasting down from 13.9 to generally 6.4 in two months and lost over 10 kg but struggling to get it lower and not sure what else to do. I thought I was doing ok, but the posts on here are generally such good numbers that I feel I will never achieve and am really over stressing on this - I know it's not a competition and this is the long haul, but feel like I am obsessing. So - note to self - chill and keep up the good work...(I suppose)

Your numbers look very similar to what mine did in the first two months - it's fantastic progress and you should be proud, not anxious!
This is a marathon, not a sprint and if you keep doing what you're doing I'm sure they'll gradually drop even lower

Reactions: 13 people

Daks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 without washing hands (I know I know) 4.8 after washing hands!

Reactions: 13 people

pmtbrew

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Your numbers look very similar to what mine did in the first two months - it's fantastic progress and you should be proud, not anxious!
This is a marathon, not a sprint and if you keep doing what you're doing I'm sure they'll gradually drop even lower
Yes I agree, I look at some of the numbers here and feel I should be doing better, but you don't know how long they have been controlling diabetics, their diet, what their fasting sugars were before diabetics etc.

More importantly (for me anyway) is the timing of the fasting test, I typically see a 50% rise is sugars between the waking up scan and the getting out of bed scan. So before I started on the Libre I thought my fasting sugars were high, but it was the 'kick' to get me out of bed.

All you can do is your best and nothing more.

Reactions: 7 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
These posts sometimes make me feel a little anxious when people show a frowny face if they get a fasting bs in the late 6 low 7s. I am completely low carbing and have bought my fasting down from 13.9 to generally 6.4 in two months and lost over 10 kg but struggling to get it lower and not sure what else to do. I thought I was doing ok, but the posts on here are generally such good numbers that I feel I will never achieve and am really over stressing on this - I know it's not a competition and this is the long haul, but feel like I am obsessing. So - note to self - chill and keep up the good work...(I suppose)
Stop feeling like that!
I understand what you're saying but the good news is you're wrong.
More good news is anything below the eight mark or thereabouts is healthy damage free living.
I managed to attain seven days on the run in the 4's but I'm now back in the fives which is kind of disappointing but looking back over my old posts I discover how over the moon I was to have reached regular fives not that long ago.
I'm back in the fives all the time again now and even reached a dizzy sixes two weeks ago.
Your numbers are fantastic and if they never go any lower it would be fine.
But we get into a mode with this thing where the morning stab of the finger is done with a little excitement and apprehension as you wait for the results on that little screen .......
You're doing exceptionally well.

Reactions: 12 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hi,reades, don't worry be happy ::)) you'll be in good numbers soon, easy does it.

Reactions: 8 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
6.7 this morning after a late start. Very late getting back last night the info evening in Oxford finished about 9 so got back to London about midnight

Reactions: 11 people

KateA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Meat and now sugar and carbs!!!
Today's reading was 6.1, been better, been worse.

Reactions: 15 people

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.7 this morning - what happened to the days when I was in the mid-5s? :( Have been really good with the carbs this week, too. Not fully back on the Newcastle Diet but have been well below 2000 calories most days this week and my weight has reduced since last week. Not done as much exercise as I would have liked but managed to do some HIT this morning and will be going for a walk shortly.

Reactions: 15 people

Merrylizard1314

Day 46 ND ( Sat ) 5mmol/l. This must have been DP, as it was 3am. Been going all day- a logistical nightmare - and now, at almost 11pm, the first chance to see how everyone is doing. More organised frenzy tomorrow, while maintaining calm, then a bit of a break for me.
Hi, @Reades, you are doing fine,so far, and you will find, as I have, the folks on this thread are particularly helpful,supportive and generous with their knowledge and experience.

Reactions: 17 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks all - everyone on here is so lovely and supportive - I feel as though I soend my life thinking about what I am going to eat, worrying about what I have eaten, worrying about what my pre meal figure will be and then worrying again about my post prandial figure,,, that's a whole lot of thinking and worrying to get through each day. I have learnt so much on this forum though as haven't seen a doctor or.nurse since diagnosis - so thanks :)
@Reades:
One thing for you to remember is that we are all affected differently by our diabetic bodies, and some people on here are PRE-diabetic and so are less likely to be having high readings than others who for various reasons are really struggling to get their levels down. If you can get yourself down to acceptable diabetic levels for your type, then you're doing great: if you can eventually get to within normal levels then you are definitely a little miracle.:p But for some actually reducing readings from high double figures is actually a major miracle for them. It's all relative though, and should stay an individual challenge and not end up as any sort of competition!

Target Levels
By Type
Before meals -> 2 hours after meals
Non-diabetic:
4.0- to 5.9 mmol/L -> below 7.8 mmol/L
Type 2 diabetes: 4 to 7 mmol/L -> below 8.5 mmol/L
Type 1 diabetes: 4 to 7 mmol/L -> below 9 mmol/L

I can generally keep my post meal levels close to normal and not get too many spikes, but I'm damned if my pre meal and fasting levels really want to come down much/any more, and I think that I may just have to accept that that's all my body is capable of managing, even though I'd like them to be lower. :D

Robbity

Reactions: 18 people
Status
Not open for further replies.