Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merrylizard1314

@Pasha
Thank you for the good report, Sir. Almost at the end of term now, which, for me , is 18May
You , on the other hand are just exemplary, even if you are a cupboard exhibitionist!

Reactions: 6 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
A bit low :)

Its the lower limit of normal so that its perfectly normal. Also I am doing a n=1 trial to see how I get along on 14 carbs a day and increased calorie intake from olive oil. One more day to go. In the meantime not gaining weight with the increased calorie intake, but losing weight. I shall soon make some change in my macro-nutrient composition and see where that leads me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Merrylizard1314

Its the lower limit of normal so that its perfectly normal. Also I am doing a n=1 trial to see how I get along on 14 carbs a day and increased calorie intake from olive oil. One more day to go. In the meantime not losing weight with the increased calorie intake, but losing weight. Then I shall make some change in my macro-nutrient composition and see where that leads me

See?

Reactions: 4 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
See?[/QUOTE

Dont understand your meaning, please explain, because my English is 50 years behind the times { also admittedly a bit thick at other times]

Unless you are referring to the blaring mistake in my post that should read" I am not gaining weight ,but still losing weight" or something like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for that. Yes, I do test pre and post meals and I am staying under 5.6 at the high end and usually in the mid 4s the rest of the time. My weight is a problem as I have gone past my goal weight by several kilos.

I have heard this before (some finding it problematic to halt weight loss). So your numbers would indicate you are in remission? Am I right that you are still on the Newcastle Diet? Do you need to continue?

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Morning all 10.6 this am
11.3 yesterday,
After I have eaten it gets down to the high 6 low 7's and by mid afternoon stable to where I'm happy, but I cannot seem to get this morning number down, even when I was on insulin it was always high in morning!
Any advice ?

Reactions: 10 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
8.8 never tested for keytones when I asked about them the Nurse no do not need to test for those :)
There's definitely a correlation between the two. But as nhs does not endorse the type of diet that many on here subscribe to they wouldn't understand why you would want or need to test ketones.

Merrylizard1314

Unless you are referring to the blaring mistake in my post that should read" I am not gaining weight ,but still losing weight" or something like that.

Dear Pasha, I meant that your post, so precise, about self experimentation, just demonstrated what an example you are to us all. As I had only just indicated in my previous post. See?

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all

5.6 fasting and 0.6 blood ketones. Took a wrong turn from the straight and narrow down carb alley and had far too unmentionable items due to wine overload.

Oh for a bit of @WeeFergus Restraint! 100ml was probably the first glug and a weekly allowance not long thereafter.

Reactions: 15 people

rahul991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
hate eating food with better taste.
6.5 is still on for me.thinking to get over this situation!

Reactions: 10 people

Merrylizard1314

I have heard this before (some finding it problematic to halt weight loss). So your numbers would indicate you are in remission? Am I right that you are still on the Newcastle Diet? Do you need to continue?

Yes, I am still doing ND and I will continue until 18th May, as I then have an appointment with an enlightened dietician whom I hope will monitor my progress into LCHF . I am toying with the idea of adding more calories - 200 or 300 more, just to slow down weight loss. A few olives,pecan or macadamia nuts,perhaps a sardine or an egg (i am so looking forward to eating eggs again)

Reactions: 9 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Morning all 10.6 this am
11.3 yesterday,
After I have eaten it gets down to the high 6 low 7's and by mid afternoon stable to where I'm happy, but I cannot seem to get this morning number down, even when I was on insulin it was always high in morning!
Any advice ?
You may not like this...take a tablespoon of coconut oil before bed. That'll fix you.

Reactions: 2 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Its the lower limit of normal so that its perfectly normal. Also I am doing a n=1 trial to see how I get along on 14 carbs a day and increased calorie intake from olive oil. One more day to go. In the meantime not gaining weight with the increased calorie intake, but losing weight. I shall soon make some change in my macro-nutrient composition and see where that leads me.
Great control pasha,

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Greetings earthlings :cool:

Fasting 6.7 this morning

Results since I started testing (fasting)

How am I doing?
Very well... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.