Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
70 mg/dl or 3.88 mmoles/ l, off to the health fund to get blood tests this morning.

Reactions: 19 people

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
5.3 again. Looks like a lovely day here in Normandy.

Reactions: 18 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
8.8 never tested for keytones when I asked about them the Nurse no do not need to test for those :)

Reactions: 13 people

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.0 this morning - moving in the right direction! Currently living on vegetable stir-frys, basically, with some meat for supper (home made burger last night) - actually very nice and able to vary the recipe quite easily and easy to keep within the 800 calories. Most of the calories are coming from fat and protein kept in check too.

Reactions: 16 people
M

mojo37

8.6 this morning :eek: re tested after another hand wash and rinsed them well and it was 8 still an :eek:.Can't blame that one on a lack of sleep cos actually had a good 7/8 hrs and feel great o_O

Reactions: 17 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
6.3 i can only assume the gravy with my dinner along with a couple of chips didn't work to well (Pub food) oh well build a bridge and get over it.

Count down begins for my departure to Dubai this Friday, just me and my good lady to celebrate 24 years of marriage.

Have a super day all.

Reactions: 21 people

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
8.8 never tested for keytones when I asked about them the Nurse no do not need to test for those :)

You are likely to have been tested for ketones by your surgery at some point (urine sample) but mainly to check for ketoacidosis, which is a by-product of extreme diabetes when your body is aggressively breaking down body fat because insulin no longer works to provide energy from carbs. But ketone body levels in normal low-carbing are lower and there is no acidosis. You can get combined glucose and ketone meters which uses different strips for each test and there are also breath-meters. I looked at these but they are either expensive or not that easy to find. Urine test strips are an alternative and to be honest the need for testing frequency is probably a lot less than with blood glucose.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 6 people

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.3 i can only assume the gravy with my dinner along with a couple of chips didn't work to well (Pub food) oh well build a bridge and get over it.

Count down begins for my departure to Dubai this Friday, just me and my good lady to celebrate 24 years of marriage.

Have a super day all.

I forgot about the small number of (home-cooked) chips I 'tested' for my daughter last night to go with her burger! :)

Reactions: 9 people

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.8 this morning - thought it might have been higher as increased what I ate yesterday as I approach my target weight so really pleased it's so low

Reactions: 18 people
Status
Not open for further replies.