Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning troops

5.6 fasting. So hit my 15 stone target for end of June and bounced back up to 15.4 this morning. Looks like a fat fast is in order to reach 14.5 by end of July. A bit more planning, preparation, measuring and consistency called for.
Good luck with your mission, you'll be right good.

Reactions: 8 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A late good morning all!
Tested at 8.30 after a deep sleep and seen FBG 5.5
Had a royal breakfast, and will be back with readings a bit later:)
Gloomy Brummy, coldish, having a day off, meh...
Oh, and my weight went down to 117.9 Kg which according to available data ;-) is 1 Kg in 5 days:-D

Reactions: 22 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi moshebenyehuda, your doing wellremember that as an active working man you need 2.000 cals a day on average minimum, he trick is to get those cals in lchf ,personally as a coach driver ,i need about 1200 cals a day, of these i eat 20 g carb 30g protein and 120 g good fats.all the best and keep up the good work
Morning Clive,
Hope you are OK both with and without your wheels;-)
I just remembered that a few months ago, when I was regularly using the Calorie Count, at a time when I didn't know how carbs were slowly destroying me, and consequently ate bread, potatos, rice, pasta, honey etc, my counts never went over 2000 calories a day. Despite my size and weight, I was never a big eater, this is why I was so frustrated about my Kilograms.
So I'll attempt a few counts, just to make sure.
Take care, Sir:-D

Reactions: 6 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Lmao. I guess it's good to be environmentally conscious @Pasha. Oh, btw...your description of the sky in your earlier post was quite poetic. Perfectly charming. Me thinks you're an old romantic. ;)

Thought I'd send you a pic of my new hypo treatment.........

View attachment 13904

That I am old is not disputed. Romantic, those were the days my friend...............we thought theyd never end.
Sung by that wonderful Mary Hopkins ? if I can remember correctly.

Reactions: 10 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That I am old is not disputed. Romantic, those were the days my friend...............we thought theyd never end.
Sung by that wonderful Mary Hopkins ? if I can remember correctly.
My memory is much better, it was Anthony, not Mary Hopkins;-)

Reactions: 6 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning troops...5.2 if my meter speaks the truth :)........results been a bit confusing in this hot weather. Fingers so damned sore from testing ....I might skip a few daytime ones for a few days to let them recover

Reactions: 27 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning troops...5.2 if my meter speaks the truth :)........results been a bit confusing in this hot weather. Fingers so damned sore from testing ....I might skip a few daytime ones for a few days to let them recover
What lancet device are you using?
I have tried a few, like the ones provided with GlucoRx and SD Codefree, which use the same lancet, and also Accu-Chek's "Fast Click".
First two have thicker needless, and are more painful in my case.
Of all, the the Fast Click is truly nearly painless, needles very, very thin, you could barely see them in the cartridge and if you spot your less sensitive ares on the sides of your fingertips, it should be better:)
I have extremely sensitive and thin skin, using a maximum penetration or 1.5 on my devices.
Hope this helps. Take care:)

Reactions: 9 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning all

Seems I forgot to hit the post button yesterday, when it was back to a more usual 5.6 for me after a lie in.

5.7 this morning

Reactions: 21 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What lancet device are you using?
I have tried a few, like the ones provided with GlucoRx and SD Codefree, which use the same lancet, and also Accu-Chek's "Fast Click".
First two have thicker needless, and are more painful in my case.
Of all, the the Fast Click is truly nearly painless, needles very, very thin, you could barely see them in the cartridge and if you spot your less sensitive ares on the sides of your fingertips, it should be better:)
I have extremely sensitive and thin skin, using a maximum penetration or 1.5 on my devices.
Hope this helps. Take care:)
I use the SD Codefree on 1.5 and use the sides of my fingers. I also change the lancet frequently in a bid to ease the soreness. This is the worst they have been so far but they really are very, very sore...even typing is painful :( Thank you for the information...I will look into getting a different type as it can't continue like this.

Reactions: 5 people

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 this morning :mad: don't know whether that's my liver bouncing back or the Indian takeaway I had last night (just chicken tikka and spinach - must have had hidden sugars) I shall go for a long walk to bring it down.

3 miles and a pint of water later I'm down to 4.7 :D

Reactions: 23 people

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
Morning all 6.0 this morn after another pain free night :)

Reactions: 20 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I use the SD Codefree on 1.5 and use the sides of my fingers. I also change the lancet frequently in a bid to ease the soreness. This is the worst they have been so far but they really are very, very sore...even typing is painful :( Thank you for the information...I will look into getting a different type as it can't continue like this.
Truly sorry to hear that...
I just tested with the Codefree a few minutes ago, and compared to the 2 hours earlier with the Fast Click, this time was like a stabb:-/
All the best to you:)

Reactions: 4 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A late good morning all!
Tested at 8.30 after a deep sleep and seen FBG 5.5
Had a royal breakfast, and will be back with readings a bit later:)
Gloomy Brummy, coldish, having a day off, meh...
Oh, and my weight went down to 117.9 Kg which according to available data ;-) is 1 Kg in 5 days:-D
All right, 2hrs later, my royal breakfast gave a 5.2 reading:)
Not bad;-)

Reactions: 17 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Truly sorry to hear that...
I just tested with the Codefree a few minutes ago, and compared to the 2 hours earlier with the Fast Click, this time was like a stabb:-/
All the best to you:)
I hear you on the stab part ....ouch :( I am looking now to buy the FastClix lancet device....I will get one even if I have to buy a new tester to make it happen. They seem hard to come by on their own without a meter for some reason

Reactions: 5 people
Status
Not open for further replies.