Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
My apologies to members who feel I have derailed the subject thread recently. I appreciate not everyone likes the cartoons & jokey pictures I sometimes add to my posts. No offence was meant at all and I have deleted or edited all of my posts.
BG fluctuating this morning. Can't think why. Currently heading upwards despite reasonable numbers after breakfast & mid-morning snacks. Guess I'll increase the fluids & hope that helps.

Have a lovely Sunday everyone. X

Reactions: 15 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Right in the middle of a liver dump at 8am, my FBG was 6.8 mmol/L. :grumpy:

Chin up @Larissima. It'll get better as the day wears on. It's soooo frustrating when your liver won't behave. I'm sure the majority of people on here have experience of a naughty liver. DP is a pain! X

Reactions: 11 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I hear you on the stab part ....ouch :( I am looking now to buy the FastClix lancet device....I will get one even if I have to buy a new tester to make it happen. They seem hard to come by on their own without a meter for some reason
Yep, it's Accu-Chek, made in the USA ;-)
I bought my Complete Accu-Chek Aviva kit from Tesco for £15, registered it, and they send free Free batery voucher, Control liq and log books. A box of over 200 lancet cartridges is around £10.
Good luck Gezzabelle:)

Reactions: 11 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yep, it's Accu-Chek, made in the USA ;-)
I bought my Complete Accu-Chek Aviva kit from Tesco for £15, registered it, and they send free Free batery voucher, Control liq and log books. A box of over 200 lancet cartridges is around £10.
Good luck Gezzabelle:)
Got an Accu-Chek mobile £13.00 and 200 lancets for £9.00....both off Ebay with free postage so am happy with that. Thank you so much for your help ...can hardly wait for them to come :) Had to buy the whole test kit to get a lancet device from UK....all others were from USA or Israel if I wanted to buy them on their own so at least now I have a spare tester too :)

Reactions: 12 people

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Took my reading this morning but forgot to put it on here (I blame it on staying up late watching England's amazing win over Germany :)). Anyway, it was a 4.9

Reactions: 23 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My apologies to members who feel I have derailed the subject thread recently. I appreciate not everyone likes the cartoons & jokey pictures I sometimes add to my posts. No offence was meant at all and I have deleted or edited all of my posts.
BG fluctuating this morning. Can't think why. Currently heading upwards despite reasonable numbers after breakfast & mid-morning snacks. Guess I'll increase the fluids & hope that helps.

I loved the pics.....:)...made me smile and that is always worthwhile :D

Reactions: 19 people

emptyplate

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
7.1 mmol / L this morning.
4.8 mmol / L at bed time.

Bed before midnight but, suspect Sunday lay in means I was surfing my dawn phenomenon wave when testing.

Reactions: 20 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Hmm...
I personally enjoy life, with a pinch of salt, as it makes hardly digestible matters like chronic ilnessess, easier to swalow.
People have different personalities, a different way of dealing with emotionally draining problems. Your posts and pics never disturbed me, on the contrary, so feel free to quote my posts and express your thoughts about them -if you wish so-, the way you want:)

Reactions: 18 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Got an Accu-Chek mobile £13.00 and 200 lancets for £9.00....both off Ebay with free postage so am happy with that. Thank you so much for your help ...can hardly wait for them to come :) Had to buy the whole test kit to get a lancet device from UK....all others were from USA or Israel if I wanted to buy them on their own so at least now I have a spare tester too :)
Excellent deal, well done Gezzabelle, let us know how it works. Take care:)

Reactions: 4 people

MosheBenYehuda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.1 mmol / L this morning.
4.8 mmol / L at bed time.

Bed before midnight but, suspect Sunday lay in means I was surfing my dawn phenomenon wave when testing.
A late good morning Nomis,
I seem to have the same problem. When I am on early or allday shifts, I test around 5 am, but when I am off, only around 8 am, and I noticed that my readings are higher as the day goes by and I am still due for a meal.
Anyways, have a great day:)

Reactions: 7 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

I'm good with them, would be good to continue.
Have you had off message comments to contrary?
Good to smile.
Hj

Reactions: 12 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin

I love your comments and pictures keep them coming they always make me smile :):D

Reactions: 10 people
Status
Not open for further replies.