105 days later 5.9% Hba1C !!!!! (starting 10.3%)

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I worked out a month ago that IF I could keep up what I was doing, based on what had happened so far I should reach under 6.0% sometime in early December. I put off my end Nov medical in the hope that I might get to 5.9% first.

Today I decided I would check if it had happened. It DID yeah - now I just need to get confirmation officially next week ( I hope lol ) no buns for me this week!

All thanks to you good people pointing me in the right direction - thanks everyone.

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
Yea!!! You did it. Good job for all your hard work.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nice one! Well done.
I know it hasn't always been easy, so kudos for all that hard work. :)

Amy993

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Well done! Mine started at 148 when diagnosed just over 3 months ago. 2 months ago it was down to 78, and i have an appointment tomorrow and i will find out the current result! Really hoping that it has gone down to the correct level!!

Reactions: Prem51

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow that is great news love to hear such amazing results Do you do any excercise too ?

shoki

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I worked out a month ago that IF I could keep up what I was doing, based on what had happened so far I should reach under 6.0% sometime in early December. I put off my end Nov medical in the hope that I might get to 5.9% first.

Today I decided I would check if it had happened. It DID yeah - now I just need to get confirmation officially next week ( I hope lol ) no buns for me this week!

All thanks to you good people pointing me in the right direction - thanks everyone.
Are you able to test your HbA1C yourself at home?

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you able to test your HbA1C yourself at home?

yes you can buy a kit , the product is called "A1C Now "you can buy two test for about £ 80 or 10 tests for £120. They are available in the UK on amazon . I did one on the same day as a formal medical and the results were close to each other.

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow that is great news love to hear such amazing results Do you do any excercise too ?
Thanks Freema,
I was swimming before the accident about an hour three times a week, That' off the agenda for the forseeable future as it looks like it might take a good year before my arm is fit to swim with.
Instead I walk a lot usually a maximum of 90 minutes a day ( about 10,000 paces) sometimes more ( 3 hours) somtimes less circa 30 minutes.

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good progress @CherryAA
Hope the official one comes even lower for you. Well done and keep up the good work.

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks both of you and congratulations Hiitsme on your success . I hope I can emulate it !

MartinK9

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Congratulations on all your hard work to achieve these excellent results. :)

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks both of you and congratulations Hiitsme on your success . I hope I can emulate it !

I'm sure you will and probably eventually better than mine. I don't do fasting or trying to achieve ketosis but hopefully I've found what works for me and although my HbA1c went up to 34 from 33 which I didn't like at the time I now realise that is still fine. I've had to put on weight (blood tests were suggesting I was malnourished and BMI was less than 20) so I'm still juggling everything but trying to keep tight control.

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
To be honest I can imagine it is easier for me to make changes than for you. I am overweight with at least another 15 kilos to go . Its a lot easier to choose what not to eat and thus reduce carbs that way, than it is when you are being told you are malnourished and must eat more - that is kinda unimaginable for me at the moment ! Did you have to lose weight initially to get down from 95 to 33?