2014/15 Football Season

JAY1JAY1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Sorry lads the ball is the wrong shape for me , how can you play a game well if you know the direction the ball will bounce ???:greedy::confused:

Reactions: 4 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Well some interesting results last night. Bristol city went crusing in to the championship with a 0-6 win at Bradford what a way to do it eh :D

Elsewhere we drew 0-0 with Brighton and are now mathematically safe. The Weeds got hammered 2-0 by Norwich puts us on level points with em but they have better goal difference. Still on course for overtaking them. Sheff Weds pulled further away from us so i reckon we arent gunna ovetake them and be the best Yorkshire team. 2nd place would be nice though.
What about the fiasco at Millwall both had men sent off Wigan had 2 men sent off and Millwall 1 man. Puts Millwall in with a shouting chance now.I heard that Rotherham have committed an infringement and may get some points deducted yet.

Oh dear in league 2 i see Tranmere lost 1-0 :( still chance to escape yet Nosher hang on in there mate

We're down John! Couldn't score in a b......l!
Once again another defensive silly mistake. It is galling, that even though we completely dominated a game again, that we can't convert the possession into points!

Looking forward to the National League next season and the derbies v Southport, Chester, Wrexham!:(:mad::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Reactions: 2 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Nope i never really believe whats in the paper they tend to blow things out of all proportion.Theres good and bad in every town.

There was trouble at Mansfield last night, inside the ground, I witnessed it all!
I was witness to the horrible scenes of direct confrontation between idiots and stewards and police.
They were all to blame. It was like going back to the seventies!
The stewards allowed drunk men to stand at the front against a metal barrier. They did very little to alleviate a dangerous confrontation. The police including senior officers did very little to relieve the situation and just started filming.
It was sparked by a decision by the officials against Rovers. Someone pushed a policeman to get a better view and chaos and mayhem ensued, there was police attacking men and men attacking police and stewards. The ensuing fracas had the police using truncheons and there was kicking and mauling, thankfully no one was seriously injured. There will be a lot of bruises though.
Cannot understand the stewarding policy, it wouldn't be allowed at most grounds that I've been to.

I really was upset at the way it happened in front of small children that were supporting my team. I feel sorry for my clubs reputation because of these idiots. I condone the police from a preventable situation that was certain to get out of hand, haven't they learnt anything from Hillsboro?

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Arrogant and ignorant people.
Obviously they havent learnt anything from Hillsborough. Bent coppers again. Drunk men should not have been allowed in to the ground. Thank god there was nobody seriously injured though it must have been pretty damned scary stuff.

Nice result for Watford last night keeps the pressure for the top 2 automatic promo spots still very much down to 4 teams. Meanwhile Fulham and Rotherham drew and eased a point further from Millwall. Rotherham must now be sweating and hoping that they dont get points knocked off for that infringement otherwise they will only be 2 points ahead of Millwall instead the 5 they have now.Rotherham not in action on Saturday due to Reading having a cup tie with Arsenal

Last edited by a moderator:

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sadly though, drunk men are always allowed the in grounds. The young man who injured me was drunk.

Reactions: 3 people

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Arrogant and ignorant people.
We're down John! Couldn't score in a b......l!
Once again another defensive silly mistake. It is galling, that even though we completely dominated a game again, that we can't convert the possession into points!

Looking forward to the National League next season and the derbies v Southport, Chester, Wrexham!:(:mad::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Kinda sad isnt it :(

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Kinda sad isnt it :(
Very sad mate. That's what happens when sport is dependent on how much money you have rather than it being about your ability to grow your own players.
We will bounce back, but the consequences could be very disturbing and critical to staff and community.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Its a recipe for disaster though Zand
I thought I would never see scenes like that ever again.
The disregard to children and others is very disturbing.
As I said before, couldn't believe the police never clamped down on it before it started. Instead of merely aggravating a situation that was getting more dangerous as the game went on.

jason134

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
diabetes at the moment
Only just found this thread its good to see chat about football that doesn't evolve around the premiership

jason134

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
diabetes at the moment
Sadly I think the days of the hooligan is back this time in the lower leagues

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Yes it is. It's these people who want the safe standing areas in Premiership grounds too. They don't want women and kids at their matches because we ruin their 'fun' . :rolleyes:
I agree with the safe standing areas, if it is stewarded properly. I have seen it in Germany.
There should be family areas in all grounds. And away ends are not the places to do this though.
I have been grounds, where the seating is so low you can't see, so you have to stand. Certain clubs supporters never sit. And that includes supporters of teams that you would think that have reasons not to.
Safety is paramount to watching sport, you wouldn't think so, with some of the places I have been including some premiership grounds, I'm sure you have been treated like cattle at some grounds.
Football has become an expensive hobby and it is sad to see that ticket prices are so high that some real football fans are being driven away from the game.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Ipswich supporter by the way
Welcome to the footie thread, been to Portman Rd, I think 3 times. Love the IPL by the way. Not that I can drink it now! Cressa was massive for you the last couple of seasons before his move to the hammers.

jason134

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
diabetes at the moment
Good player wasn't sure if he make it in the prem but seem to be holding his own

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ipswich supporter by the way
I agree with the safe standing areas, if it is stewarded properly. I have seen it in Germany.
There should be family areas in all grounds. And away ends are not the places to do this though.
I have been grounds, where the seating is so low you can't see, so you have to stand. Certain clubs supporters never sit. And that includes supporters of teams that you would think that have reasons not to.
Safety is paramount to watching sport, you wouldn't think so, with some of the places I have been including some premiership grounds, I'm sure you have been treated like cattle at some grounds.
Football has become an expensive hobby and it is sad to see that ticket prices are so high that some real football fans are being driven away from the game.
That's just it. It won't be stewarded properly over here. We never do anything properly here. Also I was in a seated area when I got injured in Germany. The stewards did nothing at all. There were some German fans without a ticket in our area. The Arsenal fans around me helped me and asked the stewards for medical assistance. The stewards just walked away. Safe standing areas will be areas for the yobs and will take away seats from those of us who are too old or too young to stand with them. It's a backward step. it looks to provide cheaper tickets to a few.