3 month blood test result

O

oh_dear_me

Hello I posted on here about 3 months ago as a newly diagnosed stressed out type 2 diabetic! You were all so supportive that I just wanted to come back and let you know how my 3 month blood test went. I have been following the low carb high fat diet pretty much from the moment I was diagnosed. The nurse at my surgery has been brilliant and so supportive.
In April my HbA1c was 109...shocking....3 months later my HbA1c is 52!
I followed the 800 cal blood sugar diet for 8 weeks with the 16.8 diet (so no breakfast) then the low carb/high fat diet.
I have lost just over a stone and am now into a normal bmi for my height and a dress size 12!
It has been hard going at times and I still have a little way to go but I just wanted to share my results in case anyone else out there is unsure if this diet works. I refused medication (3 x metformin tablets a day) and have just concentrated on the diet. I will always have to eat this way but it's "do-able".

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello I posted on here about 3 months ago as a newly diagnosed stressed out type 2 diabetic! You were all so supportive that I just wanted to come back and let you know how my 3 month blood test went. I have been following the low carb high fat diet pretty much from the moment I was diagnosed. The nurse at my surgery has been brilliant and so supportive.
I followed the 800 cal blood sugar diet for 8 weeks with the 16.8 diet (so no breakfast) then the low carb/high fat diet.
I have lost just over a stone and am now into a normal bmi for my height and a dress size 12!
It has been hard going at times and I still have a little way to go but I just wanted to share my results in case anyone else out there is unsure if this diet works. I refused medication (3 x metformin tablets a day) and have just concentrated on the diet. I will always have to eat this way but it's "do-able".

that's quite a shift, oh_dear_me. You should be very happy.

Reactions: oh_dear_me
O

oh_dear_me

I'm very relieved that's for sure! It has been tough at times trying to stick to the diet and I must stay on it ...but yes very pleased it's worked so well....so far at least! :)

Reactions: OrsonKartt

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

amazing results wow congratulations

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great result @oh_dear_me
Well done and keep going and hopefully your next one will be even better.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done indeed very impressive results.. good on you for sticking to the plan.

Sam50

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Many congratulations-that's an inspiring tale x