4th week of lchf and not losing weight :(

modesty007

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm a great believer in trying different things every now and then. My body seems to adjust to any diet and slips into my weight staying the same. A kick start of really low carbs (under 20g) or under 1000 cals has worked so far. I also think I need to build in breaks to stop it all becoming obsessive in a bad way.
Forget about the cals for a couple of weeks but lower your carbs below 10 g per day for a week, make sure the fat is at least twice as much in grams as the protein, keep the protein to maximum 0,5 gram per lbs target weight, so if 150 lbs, aim for less then 68 gram protein (remember that meat and fish have app 20 g protein per 100 g.
Per day if aiming at 150 lbs.
Protein app 58 gram (app 250-300 gram meat or fish)
Carbs maximum 10 g
Fat at lest 120 g

Paulabetts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
meat selfish people slugs and snails
can some one plz explain why you need high fat on low carb? I started low carbing in April and started off loosing weight I am vegetarian/piscatarian my weight loss has stopped most mornings I have yogurt (low fat home made) and berries and my main meal is salad or veggies with either cheese eggs or fish or soy based protein I dont generally eat lunch as I work in a Deli cafe most of my levels are now good between 5-7 only morning one high 9-10 which I put down to the dump fairy. I take 3x 850 metformin a day and inject 20x1 Lyxumia

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You don't need high fat. I have never had high fat. I have increased fat - and generally speaking am still underneath the national guidelines for fat consumption. I think most have moderate fat, some have high and some have low. All I did was ditch the manufactured low fat dairy products and went back to the real thing, plus a lot more eggs and salmon.

I lost all my weight on about 60g carbs out of 1200 calories, the rest of the calories coming from protein and fats.

EDIT. Just checked my fat consumption and it over the GDA guidelines for women, but under that for men.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Maybe your body is in starvation mode? If you're not eating carbs and going low fat, it won't work

Reactions: 4 people

Paulabetts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
meat selfish people slugs and snails
ok so i need to up my fat content i will have to look into how much is in what i eat

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
ok so i need to up my fat content i will have to look into how much is in what i eat

Do be careful not to exceed the calories you need for your circumstances or you will never lose weight. Fats and proteins can be calorific.

sweetisha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I dont look at calories i just eat and have found out the more fat i add ie.. full milk, real organic butter, full yogurt, the less hunger i have, as fat fills you up more than protein or veges or fruit..

If your consuming soya milk, yogurt etc maybe you should do some research as i have attended a few summits recently where its been discovered that our bodies do not digest it ( only fermented soya in very small quantities,like sauce) and that it interveres with the methylation and is mistaken for another hormone in that process stops weight loss...
I never liked soya but my daughter had to have it most of her life and she suffers from obesity and does not eat more than me.. so i guess it had something to do with it.. and we are now in the process to try to clean and heal her body with supplementation and gluten free and more real natural fat...
I've lost 10 kilo's in 1 1/2 month, my daughter lost 5 kilo's... I lose everyday a little and my dr and diabetes nurse are more excited than me and want to keep monthly checks on my process..
goodluck
Tisha

Reactions: 2 people

modesty007

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
I dont look at calories i just eat and have found out the more fat i add ie.. full milk, real organic butter, full yogurt, the less hunger i have, as fat fills you up more than protein or veges or fruit..

If your consuming soya milk, yogurt etc maybe you should do some research as i have attended a few summits recently where its been discovered that our bodies do not digest it ( only fermented soya in very small quantities,like sauce) and that it interveres with the methylation and is mistaken for another hormone in that process stops weight loss...
I never liked soya but my daughter had to have it most of her life and she suffers from obesity and does not eat more than me.. so i guess it had something to do with it.. and we are now in the process to try to clean and heal her body with supplementation and gluten free and more real natural fat...
I've lost 10 kilo's in 1 1/2 month, my daughter lost 5 kilo's... I lose everyday a little and my dr and diabetes nurse are more excited than me and want to keep monthly checks on my process..
goodluck
Tisha
Great results. Agree about soy, wouldn't touch anything soy without barge-pole, unless is fermented. I'm also totally of gluten and grains. When it comes to fat, there's so much new research and evidence that we need natural fat and also it's great when it comes to satiety. Going to low in cals would make the body believe your trying to starve it and put in all actions for keeping. When it comes to fat make sure you have enough omega 3 ideally from fat fish (also meat and diaries from grass feed cattle) as vegetable omega 3 have a much lower bio-availability for humans. Also a fat I would recommend to everyone is coconut oil, this actually increase the fat-burning.

Reactions: 2 people