Accucheck Nano E7 errors - help!

PickledPepper

I just opened a new pack of Aviva test strips and have got E7 errors 3 times in quick succession. I could have sworn it also briefly said E6 briefly on the first test failure.

Anyone know what is going on? Are the strips 'clapped out' or is it the machine that reads them?

I feel gutted because I ordered a shed load of strips off ebay and am wondering if they too will end up useless? Really can't afford this.

Anyone have Accucheck's UK (preferably freephone) telephone number handy?

HLW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Are you trying with a different strip each time?
In the manual it says turn the meter off and on again, or take the batteries out for 20 sec then reinsert them. One of mine said E7 a few times once, taking the batteries out worked, it's been fine since. It was my spare, I hadn't used it for about a year so maybe that had something to do with it. Do a control test afterwards to make sure it works ok.

Phone number is 0800 701 000
If you ring them, tell them that you have to buy your own strips, and that you've wasted a few because of the error, they might send you some replacements, they've been very helpful when I rang them.

Bigglesworth

I managed to get through 30 strips with constant error message even after trying a new battery and testing solutions. AccuChk sent 10 strips as compensation.

Hearty when they laugh as we say!

lordchittchat

When I complained to Accu-Chek about my meter and the e7 error all they sent me was testing fluid which when you consider its an electrical error isn't going to be any good. (Oh by the way the tests were within the 20 percent variant range so were considered ok.)

Tried all the switching off batteries out etc, yes it work eventually until the next time, or strip (Brand new pack or not) explained this and lot more about storage blah blah blah to Rep of Accu-Chek who seemed to want to know the ins and outs of my daily life, still no go???? might have to resort to getting new meter from doctor as I am deeply concerned at this consistent fault.

Sent for Abbott Freestyle InsuLinx free and so far really stable less blood needed than even the Nano.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Anyone experiencing problems with the Nano should try resetting the meter, take the batteries out and hold down both the arrow buttons for a few seconds.

Dan Mark

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Within the last day, I am seeing an E-7 Error.
I tried to correct it as the suggested with no success.