all is not well

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am back. It's not good. I have stage 4 incurable kidney cancer which has spread to both lungs with multiple mets. Because of this, it's inoperable. Immunotherapy may be possible. I don't know what else to say at this point. I'm scared.
I do hope immuno is an option... I know it's not exactly a solution, but it can buy precious time. I'm so deeply sorry the news wasn't good...
Hugs, hugs and more hugs,
Jo

plantae

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I wasn't going to respond to this thread, not because I don't care, but because I actually don't know what to say. Shocked is probably a good word and I don't blame you for lapsing into panic mode and finding courage and acceptance hard. You are another person that I've read hundreds or thousands of messages from. You don't know me because I've never responded, but I do read what you write and it's people like you who help me. Thank you

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Good point. My mind is racing to the end months of life, trying to focus on the now is hard. I am so scared of suffering.
Can you make an appointment with you GP, the hospital or Macmillan especially to address your fears?
I've seen cancer up close in 3 people, and while they've all had some rubbish nights, none of them had to suffer more than they were willing to accept. Talking about this with the ones who help you can help a lot, both practically by talking over all the possibilities to keep you from suffering, and emotionally, by listening to and acknowledging your fears.

At least that's how it went with my father, my close neighbour and my good friend.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How are you @lucylocket61 ?
Have another hug.
I am back in hospital. I went in on Thursday with a chest infection. My left lung is surrounded by pleural fluid and has collapsed. I am being looked after and comfortable. My infection is being treated so then they can try to drain my left lung and reinflate it. They are also sorting out some meds for my anxiety. I feel safe and cared for, which is also helping my husband to cope.

I spent the first 27 hours in a chair as there were no beds available, but now I am in the respiratory ward. They have also given me an infusion to help bring my blood calcium levels down, as they were dangerously high.

I am learning to be my own advocate, to communicate clearly and based on logic and reason, and be gentle but insistent.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I am back in hospital. I went in on Thursday with a chest infection. My left lung is surrounded by pleural fluid and has collapsed.
Dang, what a nasty bit of bad luck! :(
I am being looked after and comfortable. My infection is being treated so then they can try to drain my left lung and reinflate it. They are also sorting out some meds for my anxiety. I feel safe and cared for, which is also helping my husband to cope.
That part sounds much better thankfully.
Hospital can also be a place where you can get a much needed break from everything life throws at you.

Well done on getting better in advocating for yourself in the most effective way, sending good vibes.