Another question or 2

brottonmoores

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hi
I have 2 questions one easier to answer than t'other
Start with the easy 1 we are going away at the end of June caravaning so I would like to know which is the easiest app for calculations carbs I hit a problem yesterday in Whitby trying to find somewhere to eat with either low carb options or somewhere that would let me buy a child's meal mainly so I wasted less food.
And my second question is about hypos, I've had a couple of days a few weeks ago where my bs was under 4 I only had ringing in my ears and a headache and I'm not sure if a hypo is defined by the bs reading or how you feel I know we all are different in our reactions etc but hope to get a generalised reaction.
My nurse told me to stop my Gliclazide as my HbA1c was 5.6 which I did but my bs was up to 8. Fasting and up to around 10 after meals (same as was eating on Gliclazide) so I've gone back to my 1 Gliclazade a day, rather than up my average bs
Hope people can work out what I mean
Thanks in anticipation
Jan
Hope everyone has had the same lovely sunshine today that we have had

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
My fitnesspal is a good app, and you can take photos (if on a tablet) and it lets you know right away what the carbs cals are etc.

SueB743

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hi
I have 2 questions one easier to answer than t'other
Start with the easy 1 we are going away at the end of June caravaning so I would like to know which is the easiest app for calculations carbs I hit a problem yesterday in Whitby trying to find somewhere to eat with either low carb options or somewhere that would let me buy a child's meal mainly so I wasted less food.
And my second question is about hypos, I've had a couple of days a few weeks ago where my bs was under 4 I only had ringing in my ears and a headache and I'm not sure if a hypo is defined by the bs reading or how you feel I know we all are different in our reactions etc but hope to get a generalised reaction.
My nurse told me to stop my Gliclazide as my HbA1c was 5.6 which I did but my bs was up to 8. Fasting and up to around 10 after meals (same as was eating on Gliclazide) so I've gone back to my 1 Gliclazade a day, rather than up my average bs
Hope people can work out what I mean
Thanks in anticipation
Jan
Hope everyone has had the same lovely sunshine today that we have had
I use my fitness pal to keep a check on carbs.
Love the magpie cafe in Whitby as they have a seriously nice veggie selection. Had the lentil shepherds pie last time as I always had pasta pre diagnosis, although would ask for this without the mash next time (I was only diagnosed shortly after the trip". If you like fish could always order a large but not eat the batter as this effectively steams the fish inside it and try and avoid the chips? Otherwise salads can be a good choice out and about, last one I had was with quiche so I just had the filling and left the pastry. If you like Chinese go for the foo yung as basically an omelette, I have a seaweed side order rather than chips noodles or rice (but I do swipe a couple of chips from my other half)
Really sorry I can't help with your second question.

Ski fit

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I believe a hypo is technically below 4 mmo/l so you were having hypos. When I get them I tend to have a fuzzy head first, then sweat a little, feel dizzy & a little faint. Hungry too ( which is our body wanting glucose I guess ). To sum up: I feel pretty awful and do a bg test when I suspect a hypo and I'm normally right about it.

Hope this helps.

brottonmoores

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you for your replies
Will try fitness pal, sounds good
Despite living only up the road from Whitby we've never tried The Magpie SueB743 keep meaning to Humble pie used to be another favourite of ours Whitby has some great eateries I guess thinking ahead and not leaving it until my bs gets too low might have been more helpful, there is still an awful lot to learn about diabetes and me.
Thanks again
Jan