anti depressant

C

catherinecherub

The dosage of this drug is very small for pain relief. If it was being prescribed as an antidepressant, ( rare these days except for older people) then the dosage would be from 75 mgs and up to 150 - 200 mgs.

If it is not working then the message would be to go back to your G.P. and report how you are feeling. Usually people sleep better on a smaller dose and it relieves the pain. Side effects vary from person to person as does tolerance.

ham79

Dislikes
diabetes and cbeebies
just been back and had my dose doubled only 2 teeny pills a night so fingers crossed

Dippy3103

I was prescribed amnitriptilyne a few years ago following a car accident (i was too uncomfortable to sleep). It worked well, and I slept like a log BUT it gave me a dry mouth and i felt groggy in the morning. It was worth it for the sleep that i got though!

ham79

Dislikes
diabetes and cbeebies
guess what nothing. up to 70mg a night for the last few days now have had to stop them and I'm on my knees they were obviously doing something cos my nerves feel like i'm being microwaved on high merry christmas BAH HUMBUG :lol:

loneranger

Ouch mate, your poor knees! Sorry to hear they were crud, i'm on 30mg, yeah it got upped lol, but nothing so stopped using, only thing that happened was going from hot to cold, but nope not microwaved :shock:
You try to rest up ok and i'll keep my fingers crossed for you that you have a good xmas and that someone will give you better pain killers. Somebody mentioned TENS machines to me, but dont know whether they'll do for the neuropathy, found a great article about neuropathy wrote by New York medical graduate and professor, have sent an email regarding best treatment for neuropathy in which side effects have prolonged in the body for a while, will let you know what reply i get if any. Merry Christmas mate, you hang in there.

ham79

Dislikes
diabetes and cbeebies
spent christmas falling over unable to stand and in the most pain I've ever felt.
maybe coming off 70mg amitrip 80mg dihydracodiene and 20mg temazapam in one day was'nt the best advice I've had

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
awww ham,
hope you have a better day tday :D

ham79

Dislikes
diabetes and cbeebies
nope worse really can't take much much more of this. The best bit is it's my fault for getting my bloods under control (27 - 8.1)which was a condition of my release from hospital was never told get your bloods under control and you'll lose the ability to walk but at least you won't be thirsty :?
I am going to keep taking pregabilin for 2 more weeks (max dose achieved) then I'm telling them to stick it the side effects on top of whats already there just ain't worth it. Has anyone tried acupuncture for neuropathy?
Anyhoo sorry about this .
seasons greeting to one and all and sincerely hope you had a great crimbo. :)

doupen

I suffer severe diabetic neuropathy of my feet.I have been through most of the pain relief stuff offered but have ended up taking 3x200 mg of Lyrica which is fairly effective and keeps the pain bearable most of the time.My diabetes nurse offers me higher doses which I refuse because all literature I read says 600 mg is the limit for neuropathy, higher doses are for epilypsy control.I was wondering if anybody out there has any alternative to Lyrica as I have put on a massive amount of weight which I believe is down to Lyrica judging by the forums on the internet