Arm Monitor

sufc22uk

Finally arrived, my 2 week trial of Libre 2.
Exciting! But having fitted it and linking it, I can’t get a glucose reading. It says ready to use but keeps asking try again in 10 mins..
So disappointed!
Any clues? I can’t replace it as I was only sent one.

Reactions: ExChocoholic

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Presuming you have waited for its hour warmup and its still giving you those errors you can ring up Abbott in the morning for a replacement sensor and they will send one out for you - I'd keep it on til you talk to them though and they may want you to return the faulty sensor to them

Reactions: sufc22uk

Lethel

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I have had so many issues with libre 2 & libre 3. Had to get exchanged multiple times. I will say their customer service is excellent but I'm switching to dexacom 6 in hopes of an improved & reliable experience. I hope it works for you.

LJClements

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Exciting! But having fitted it and linking it, I can’t get a glucose reading. It says ready to use but keeps asking try again in 10 mins..
So disappointed!

LJClements

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My advice would be try another manufacturer the Libra 2 was initially very good, but recently it has been best part of useless. The sensor error your getting in one of at least 3 common issues. Typically sensor reading failed try again, alarm function failing to operate on May of the sensor issued, sensor coming unstuck well before 14 day period. I have emailed customer services on two occasions auto response to acknowledge receipt but no contact from them. Personally I think the NHS need to take these issues up because I just order replacement sensors through my GP.

LJClements

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My advice would be try another manufacturer the Libra 2 was initially very good, but recently it has been best part of useless. The sensor error your getting in one of at least 3 common issues. Typically sensor reading failed try again, alarm function failing to operate on May of the sensor issued, sensor coming unstuck well before 14 day period. I have emailed customer services on two occasions auto response to acknowledge receipt but no contact from them. Personally I think the NHS need to take these issues up because I just order replacement sensors through my GP.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My advice is to contact Abbott and tell them you are experiencing a problem.
You can do this either by phoning the 0800 number or by completing an online form. Both are available on their website.
Do not just email them - this is clearly not the way to contact their support team.
I rarely have any issues with Libre but when I do, they always replace them.

It is all well and good suggesting to try another vendor of CGM but Libre is the only one that does a free trial.

Like @LJClements I am very lucky to get my Libre on prescription. The instructions were clear - if any failed, I was to inform Abbott and get replacements. There is no reason why NHS (or anyone self funding) should pay for faulty goods. Thankfully, as I mentioned earlier, these are rare.

ExChocoholic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude, loud people
I have just starred Libre 2, it is a bit and miss but great when it works. I think mine is a bit too difficult to reach. Maybe get next one put in more convenient spot. You should have been given 2 for automatic replacement.

sandy c

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So disappointed!
Speak to them and they will probably send you another one and get you to return the one that is not working properly so they can check it

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
More bashing on the head of Libre. So sorry it doesn’t work for some. However for people like me who have no issues, think it’s a great piece of kit and is critical to my Type 1 daily care I get so fed up with the negative comments.

Reactions: sufc22uk and Rokaab

sufc22uk

More bashing on the head of Libre. So sorry it doesn’t work for some. However for people like me who have no issues, think it’s a great piece of kit and is critical to my Type 1 daily care I get so fed up with the negative comments.

I went ahead and bought despite the problem.
24hrs in but good so far!

Reactions: Ricku2