Basal test results/adjustment.

lely

Hi guys. Is it feasible that a basal rate should be set for a short time like 3hrs. Got my overnight right and been testing morning rate from waking 7am till noon. BGs stay steady from waking to around 11/11.30 then start to rise but quite a lot 3\4mmol. (however I'm still getting lows around 3-5 pm so need to test this and believe it may actually be the bolus that's to high, that's another question in the making),

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Hi guys. Is it feasible that a basal rate should be set for a short time like 3hrs. Got my overnight right and been testing morning rate from waking 7am till noon. BGs stay steady from waking to around 11/11.30 then start to rise but quite a lot 3\4mmol. (however I'm still getting lows around 3-5 pm so need to test this and believe it may actually be the bolus that's to high, that's another question in the making),
You have 12 basal slots on your vibe they are there for a reason, use them :) You have discovered when you rise so adjust a couple of hours before the rise starts.

There's no point in believing something you need proof ie your basal testing so make your decision once you have finished testing.
My basals are set for 3 - 2 - 1 hour blocks.

Reactions: 4 people

lely

I have a different basal rate for 21 out of the 24 hours in a day

the latest is in the last page of this http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/does-this-mean-i-have-not-been-getting-basal.88927/page-4, bloods are quite stable all day with these blocks
Is that a graph from your diasend Gaz-M, I've not even looked at using that but looks like it could be an advantage to have a print put to analyse.
How are you feeling now, since being on pump. Although I had that blip of illness last week, I'm not going the loo in the middle of the night no more and when I get home after work I'm not falling asleep on the couch. So there's definitely an improvement there, I just hope it reflects in the next A1c.

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
@lely, no its from accu-chek 360 but there are graphs similar on Diasend which you may find useful :)

I'am feeling better now the bloods have settled but unlike you I'm awkening earlier needing to use the toilet :oops: but maybe that is because I drink alot of soda water at work during the day and don't seem to have anymore energy but late nights and early starts are not good (I can't sleep early night as I,d wake up around 4am)

Glad you are feeling better :) and hope when you do have your A1c you see an improvement, if mine does I'll be shocked as my last was spot on.