does this mean I have not been getting Basal?

RuthW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
That's a good analogy by irrational John. When I got my pump, I read that about 70% of pumpers give up on them within a year. Why? Because they don't use all the advanced features, so they don't get the benefits of them.
So I resolved to learn how to use my pump's every feature, plus "tricks" like superbolus.
The more I learn, the more I love it.
I also read that it takes a year to learn how to use a pump thoroughly, so yes, it takes focus. But what you learn transfers from one pump to another so it will always be useful.

Reactions: 2 people

irrationalJohn

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
I also read that it takes a year to learn how to use a pump thoroughly, so yes, it takes focus.
Well ... perhaps.

The point I was trying to get across earlier is that things which may seem difficult at first can (soon enough) become routine with enough practice. One thing about having a pump is that you will be "practicing" with it every day so using it can become very familiar very quickly.

But maybe most people learn how to ride a bike within one or two attempts? It took me a lot longer than that, which is probably why I recall it taking time and effort to learn.

As for "advanced features", I guess perhaps that is in the eye of the beholder. I don't really think of temp basal or the different bolusing options most pumps have these days as "advanced". Just different variations. But again, maybe that's just me?

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
well changed a few time blocks now I'am back to work, it looks alot smoother than before but still quite active

Untitled.png

Reactions: 3 people

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@tim2000s
Just noticed one of your earlier posts
I'm over 60 and that graph from Scheiner mirrored my basal rates . My descent to .3 (actually .25unit) starts a little earlier in the morning making that bit of the graph a bit steeper but really not that much difference.

Reactions: 2 people