Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @Chas C I believe the 670g is linked to the Enlite sensor using Smartguard auto mode which adjusts insulin based on readings given, so allowing adjustments based on predictions.

Reactions: Chas C

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
It looks like its the Medtronic 670g ? or possibly an update to it ? and claims is that it controls insulin dosage without user interaction using its own CGM ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/healt...U6R5TPp4x6A8cSM0a_dk97KtjQscdMcFSY5XnK4QIiuNQ
Wow, and the NHS looking at it. Once this Brexit thing is over hopefully more focus can go into this sort of thing. As an observer, I look forward to seeing this technology being significantly made smaller, with some sort backup / fail safe, and for any links not to have unintended consequences, such as emf; on balance though this is a really good news practical application.

Reactions: Prem51

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
All going well, I will get my 670G and new Enlite system tomorrow.
I've been looking forward to it for a long time, so hopefully the virus I have will have eased off a good bit by tomorrow. (II'm in Glasgow).

Michael090382

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Too many to mention
It looks like its the Medtronic 670g ? or possibly an update to it ? and claims is that it controls insulin dosage without user interaction using its own CGM ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/healt...U6R5TPp4x6A8cSM0a_dk97KtjQscdMcFSY5XnK4QIiuNQ

Hi,

Yeah it was the 670g on there, it links to a guardian 3 sensor which is a step forward apparently from the empire sensors. It uses an algorithm to calculate and give insulin doses based upon data that the user has already inputted over the course of around 2-4 weeks so that is has an accurate and varied amount of data.

I actually start on the 670g on the 10th April so I am hoping it will be a good step forward from the mdi that I am currently using.

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It has been NICE approved for months (certainly since November).

I believe Glasgow is only giving the 670G to those already prescribed the Enlite sensor. (Possibly cost had something to do with that).

Michael090382

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Too many to mention
It has been NICE approved for months (certainly since November).

I believe Glasgow is only giving the 670G to those already prescribed the Enlite sensor. (Possibly cost had something to do with that).

I am in Newcastle upon Tyne and they have just started approving people and starting them on recently. I am having to pay for the cgm part myself but it is a small price to pay to have the use of the system properly!

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I am in Newcastle upon Tyne and they have just started approving people and starting them on recently. I am having to pay for the cgm part myself but it is a small price to pay to have the use of the system properly!

How much is the new CGM for these pumps please and how long do each last.

Wodewarrior

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been looking forward to it for a long time, so hopefully the virus I have will have eased off a good bit by tomorrow. (II'm in Glasgow).
Hi
Are you with Greater Glasgow HC and is the 670G on NHS? My 640G is due replacement Nov 2019 (although I believe the 3 year gets stretched to 4) and I am hoping they will replace with 670G by then. I am on libre as well but would happily give that up in favour of Enlite sensors, even if it means part self funding. Thanks

Wodewarrior

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How much is the new CGM for these pumps please and how long do each last.
£275 ex VAT for pack of 5, £525 ex VAT pack of 10 from Medtronic. They have self funded packages as well.

from Medtronic

The Complete Package is for anyone using sensors all of the time
If you commit to ordering sensors for a year then you can order your sensors using a discount special code. Your discount entitles you to purchase boxes of 5 sensors at £210 per box which is a 23.6% discount from the standard price of £275 per box of 5 sensors. Under this package you also have the opportunity to purchase a replacement Transmitter for the special price of £100 should you need a new one.

• The Lite Package for anyone using them frequently but not necessarily full time.
    If you are not necessarily using sensors continuously with this package you can still order your sensors using a discount special code. Your discount entitles you to purchase boxes of 5 sensors at £236 per box which is a 14.1% discount from the standard price of £275 per box of 5 sensors.

Think they last 7 days but don't know if they die or you can push that time.

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi
Are you with Greater Glasgow HC and is the 670G on NHS? My 640G is due replacement Nov 2019 (although I believe the 3 year gets stretched to 4) and I am hoping they will replace with 670G by then. I am on libre as well but would happily give that up in favour of Enlite sensors, even if it means part self funding. Thanks
Yes, greater Glasgow and Clyde. I've had my 640 G for 4 years I understand that it has a 4 year warranty. From what I've been told, they will give the new pump to those already prescribed the Enlite sensor. I don't know what will happen to those who self-fund.

Wodewarrior

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, greater Glasgow and Clyde. I've had my 640 G for 4 years I understand that it has a 4 year warranty. From what I've been told, they will give the new pump to those already prescribed the Enlite sensor. I don't know what will happen to those who self-fund.
Thanks for the response. Comforting to know the 670G will likely be the replacement. I can then argue the toss about sensor funding. Cheers

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I did start the above post with "All going well" but unfortunately I''ve just had a call from my DSN telling me that our training has been moved from tomorrow to next Wednesday, as the 670Gs are still in Holland. I automatically asked if this was due to Brexit and she said that was the first thing she asked. Apparently it's nothing to do with Brexit but I don't know what the reason is.

I suppose it'll give me time to get over this virus.

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @Wodewarrior sorry for all the questions.

How long does the transmitter last ?

For the sensor £42 (special price) for 7 days is quite costly, can they be extended like Dexcom

I get circa 30 days for £50 today, if these are not extendable then that would be £168 or more than 3x price.

BR

bobcurly

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi @Wodewarrior sorry for all the questions.

How long does the transmitter last ?

For the sensor £42 (special price) for 7 days is quite costly, can they be extended like Dexcom

I get circa 30 days for £50 today, if these are not extendable then that would be £168 or more than 3x price.

BR
The enlites last 6 days and sometimes you can restart them. How long you get after a restart varies depending on battery life. We have generally got an extra day or two out. But my daughters dn has rung to say that she will need to change from elite to a newer type by June as the enlites are being phased out so I don't know how long the new ones last. She hates changing the sensor as its quite a jab when it goes it so I. M hoping it lasts longer than 6 days!