Bit scared.

Mijas_pueblo_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Help.
Bit scared my Dr has decided to put me on Toujeo + Galvus + Invokana.
Was on Lantus for 15 years + Gliclazide.
Still have to take Metformin.
So far feel fine .
Read side effects . Nightmare!!!!!
So watch has this Space exploration.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi @Mijas_pueblo_ and welcome to the forum. You will get a lot of good advice and support on here. Many of us have found that a Low Carbohydrate High Fat (LCHF) approach to eating has lowered our blood sugar levels, and for some who were on medication, they have lowered the amount of meds they take or been able to come off them completely.
Have aread round the threads to see how LCHF works, and ask any questions you want to. The people on here are friendly and supportive,

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
welcome her Mijas_pueblo_:)

the best advice is to count your carbs and not to get higher than 80-100 grams a day.. some even can only handle under 50 grams a day

Reactions: Prem51

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi.
Does that stand for low calorie high fibre diet. If it it does , I definitely don't need high fibre :).
But thank you .
No it most certainly doesn't.. it stands for LowCarb High Fat which has helped a whole heap of us here control our Type 2 diabetes.

Reactions: Freema

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You are on quite a cocktail of diabetes drugs, so you need to be very careful if you radically alter your diet. The less carbs you eat, the lower your blood glucose levels will be, which usually means that if you follow this diet for a period of time you will need to discuss your medication requirements with your doctor/nurse as the dose may need reducing.

However, a low carb diet is very successful in reducing blood glucose levels, so better than just plodding on and getting more and more medication.

Reactions: Freema