Blood Sugar in High 20's and GP not helping, please advise

C

catherinecherub

Just that I have type 2 diabetes and I was given an a4 computer printout of foods i should eat, potatoes, pasta, rice, brown rice, sweet potato and all veg...
I had a blood test and a foot check and haven't been seen since

Hi @Muggle71,

It looks as though your G.P. needs to be reminded of what you should expect after a diagnosis. You are missing out on a lot of necessary checks.

Make an appointment and print this document out and take it with you.

http://www.diabetes.org.uk/Document...s/15-healthcare-essentials-checklist-0714.pdf

Reactions: 5 people

scottie1

Really fed up, appear to have put 4 pounds on since Friday. It can't be right!! :( Think I need some new scales :cool:

BG before eating 20.2 :( Can your BG rise if you haven't eating anything? Just going to have a mushroom omelette.

scottie1

I agree Milly, will help in way I can, whether it be diabetes related or not.

Muggle, your surgery sounds worse than mine, at least they were sending for me to visit the Diabetic Nurse - I just wasn't going.

Reactions: 3 people

Muggle71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Really fed up, appear to have put 4 pounds on since Friday. It can't be right!! :( Think I need some new scales :cool:

BG before eating 20.2 :( Can your BG rise if you haven't eating anything? Just going to have a mushroom omelette.
Mine is always higher when I haven't eaten. You'd think it would be the other way wouldn't you!

Reactions: 2 people

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only

Scottie, you said you were only going to weigh yourself once a week. Put those scales away!

scottie1

Mine is always higher when I haven't eaten. You'd think it would be the other way wouldn't you!

You would think so, though nothing suprises me since I joined the forum. From allowed foods, to low carbing, high fats, it's all strange but glad I know it all now. Still learning.

scottie1

Steak and salad for dinner tonight

Salads, salmon and tuna for dinners next week, along with sausages, eggs, bacon and omelettes. Also, pork chops.

Ham & egg salads for lunch, along with Ryvitas, ham and cheese.

Stuck for breakfasts.

That's it for now.

Muggle & Milly, can you plan your meals at all? We might be able to give each other ideas.

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging

Yes am rise is a liver dump :(

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Steak and salad for dinner tonight

Salads, salmon and tuna for dinners next week, along with sausages, eggs, bacon and omelettes. Also, pork chops.

Ham & egg salads for lunch, along with Ryvitas, ham and cheese.

Stuck for breakfasts.

That's it for now.

Muggle & Milly, can you plan your meals at all? We might be able to give each other ideas.

Well done Scottie,
How many carbs in the Ryvita, I was looking at them in Asda yesterday, the ones I was looking at look a little high to me.
Good idea trying to help one another with food ideas. But I am a veggie. I do eat prawns and some fish.

scottie1

Well done Scottie,
How many carbs in the Ryvita, I was looking at them in Asda yesterday, the ones I was looking at look a little high to me.
Good idea trying to help one another with food ideas. But I am a veggie. I do eat prawns and some fish.

I think its around 7.2g Milly, per Ryvita. I have them with butter, ham or salmon/tuna with mayo. Sometimes put some cheese on and then toast them so the cheese is melted, as I don't like cheese that isn't cooked.

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
I was looking for something to replace crisps yesterday, I wanted something crunchy. I looked at the crisps and boy are they high on carbs. I was good I put them back.

It's not crunchy, but it is a treat. I bought a packet of sugar free jelly, raspberries flavour. Some frozen raspberries and some cream.
So that was pur pudding last night, I have some left for this evening.

Reactions: 4 people

Muggle71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No not really to be honest. I feel like Ive got a lump in my throat the size of a football. Probably tension or something

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
I came to my parents after my sons rugby match. I had some cauliflower, broccoli and a slice of pork. It's filled a small hole I suppose

Well done Muggle, was that your second meal today?
What have you got planned for your next meal?