Blood Sugar in High 20's and GP not helping, please advise

pamK

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Clive I'm sure if you give me the cracking ;) you would feel much better ... pleased you are feeling better

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Clive I'm sure if you give me the cracking ;) you would feel much better ... pleased you are feeling better
Thats one thing i'm really good at making " crackling" dinners at 6 pm pamK ....can you make battersea by then if you can i'll save you the squeak!

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Ah that's sweet thank you Scottie, it's fine though I will get sorted eventually. Even with a bed i will still be up and down with my boy lol

How old is your son, and why are you up with him. Sorry to be asking, but just trying to understand, thus trying to see how we can help.

Muggle71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
How old is your son, and why are you up with him. Sorry to be asking, but just trying to understand, thus trying to see how we can help.
It's ok to ask. He is 13. He has Asperger's syndrome and also suffers extreme night time enuresis. If im not up changing him and the bed I am having to put him back to bed because when he wakes be wanders and could get outside if he finds the keys, or will raid the food cupboard or sit and play Xbox all night!

Reactions: 2 people

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Thats one thing i'm really good at making " crackling" dinners at 6 pm pamK ....can you make battersea by then if you can i'll save you the squeak!

Hi Clive,
I had a small bowel op some years ago, the bruising lasted for a good week, I felt like I had been kicked up the bum, not nice.

I don't eat meat, but I wouldn't mind trying some of your veg.
Enjoy your meal.

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
It's ok to ask. He is 13. He has Asperger's syndrome and also suffers extreme night time enuresis. If im not up changing him and the bed I am having to put him back to bed because when he wakes be wanders and could get outside if he finds the keys, or will raid the food cupboard or sit and play Xbox all night!

That must be very hard. The only thing I can think of is, try and get a nap in in the daytime.
Hugs Muggle

Reactions: 2 people

Muggle71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That must be very hard. The only thing I can think of is, try and get a nap in in the daytime.
Hugs Muggle
It's not easy, especially as I am on my own. But I wouldn't swap him for the world, he is a beautiful child inside and out

Reactions: 5 people

Janiept

Expert
It's not easy, especially as I am on my own. But I wouldn't swap him for the world, he is a beautiful child inside and out
I wish I could give you a hundred likes for this Muggle. Your life must be sooo tiring and I don't know how you cope, but your son is a very lucky lad having you as his Mum x

Reactions: 3 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hi Clive,
I had a small bowel op some years ago, the bruising lasted for a good week, I felt like I had been kicked up the bum, not nice.

I don't eat meat, but I wouldn't mind trying some of your veg.
Enjoy your meal.
We did! Fennel is lovely braised in a little white wine .yum .
Yes thats about how i feel at the mo' ....all ok now though milliesue?

scottie1

BG before dinner has gone up to 17.4, will see what it is in 2 hours. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm watching my diet, no more than 60g carbs, not hitting my calorie intake, not having big portions, taking extra meds. What else can I do? Am moving about a lot, if I didn't hurt so much I would be doing excercise.

Just told hubby I'm having some chocolate tonight, really want some though I probably won't have it.

scottie1

I too have a beautiful son, so know exactly how you feel. But it must be hard on your own, I don't know how you do it. You should be commended, I would really struggle. Children are the greatest gift. x

Reactions: 4 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
BG before dinner has gone up to 17.4, will see what it is in 2 hours. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm watching my diet, no more than 60g carbs, not hitting my calorie intake, not having big portions, taking extra meds. What else can I do? Am moving about a lot, if I didn't hurt so much I would be doing excercise.

Just told hubby I'm having some chocolate tonight, really want some though I probably won't have it.
Scottie the odd square of good quality choc' won't hurt you .....its the high sugar and high milk fats etc that do the damage contained in the cheaper varieties,nestle and lindt above 70% is ok

scottie1

Scottie the odd square of good quality choc' won't hurt you .....its the high sugar and high milk fats etc that do the damage contained in the cheaper varieties,nestle and lindt above 70% is ok

I don't think the local shop will have Lindt, but I can eat Nestle?

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
That's why I want to become healthy, for them, so I will be around to see them learn and grow up into the amazing adults I know they will be. Getting soppy now, aren't I?
No just realising the lies we have been told re dietary advice at last lol