Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't eat breakfast other than maybe a cup of coffee - I've b

I don't have breakfast, other than a cup of coffee. I've been that way for years, however between 10 - 10:30 in the morning I do start to get hungry and I either have a handful of walnuts, almonds or pistachios. I'm not a big eater so when I made the adjustment it wasn't a big deal - some people probably think I'm crazy :)
Throughout my teens and twenties I didn't eat breakfast ever. I think it's when I had kids of my own and fed them breakfast I started eating it too!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
IMG_7410.JPG
@AM1874 Thank you so much for the Diet Dr link you posted the other day. This morning I cooked the Low Carb Pancakes with berries. It was delicious. I only used 1/2 of the quantity of batter designed for one portion, that was plenty, so even lower carb! I feel really full now!

AM1874

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
Hi @Rachox ..
Well done you .. I hope you find many more recipes as well .. :happy:

Reactions: Rachox

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today I tried the Coconut Porridge from Diet Dr with raspberries and cream. That's another choice on my breakfast list! :)

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Throughout my teens and twenties I didn't eat breakfast ever. I think it's when I had kids of my own and fed them breakfast I started eating it too!
Same here.... sort of. ALl my life I rarely ate breakfast (maybe a piece of fruit occasionally) until I was diagnosed with T2 and, at my first ever appointment with the DN, she was horrified and said I MUST eat it - preferably porridge topped with some fruit. Then, of course, at my first annual review I was accused of not following their lifestyle changes nobody when my BG went up so high. By then eating breakfast had got to be a habit.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Tell nurses that leading Oncologist Prof Robert Thomas says all cereal including porridge and bread should be avoided for breakfast as it fuels the body and insulin resistance and obesity are so linked not only to diabetes but cancer as well according to him.

He stated that if you cant go without cereal the only cereal allowed was sugar free puffed rice (expensive but available in most Waitrose or online). Not rice crispues.

He recommends greek yogurt berries and nuts for all people.

Also recommended natural probiotics like keffir, sauerkraut as essential because they give good gut bacteria. Bad gut bacteria is also a driver for cancer.

His presentation I saw this week was laying a huge amount of bad health down to diabetes, insulin resistance and eating wrong foods and he looks towards patients doing their best to look after themselves and giving advice howthe western eating is killing us... its not just diabetes that nurses are giving wrong info on... their "eat porridge" etc could also be fuelling other deadly diseases.

Reactions: marathonmona