BS readings

alliebee

She is amazing isn't she well done Ally
Today I had
Bacon and scrambled eggs. Less than .5 rise
Lunch was a pot of bought prawn cocktail and egg mayonaisse and salad with feta cheese
Tonight is savoury mince with loads of caul mash with butter and cream and cabbage n leeks. Still at 6.2

Reactions: 2 people

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
pre breakfast 10.2 post breakfast 8.4

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Some great results coming through there Ally, low increases and the base numbers consistently in single figures (well mostly!). Really well done considering where you started. :)

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
thank you, a few days ago i did have one reading in the 5,s and some 6,s but havn,t had them since

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
What did you eat @ally1 to receive that great result. You are going to be challenging us all soon; my shepherds pie and halva was a 5.0, 7.8 (1 hour), 5.6 (2 hour) so you ended up much closer to your start than me. I give you another month and you will be challenging @AndBreathe for those low numbers. Well done and keep it up.

Reactions: 5 people

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
i admit i,ve only been eating salads, must try other foods

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
i admit i,ve only been eating salads, must try other foods

I can completely understand why Ally, but I'm really worried you get totally bored of salad and head for some real baddies; especially as the weather gets colder.

Do you like cabbage?

alliebee

Hi Ally. What other foods do you think you may like to try?. I would get awfully bored of salad all the time..:(

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
i love cabbage and sprouts
pre breakfast 9.8 post breakfast 10.3

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What about a cooked dinner of chicken with cabbage and sprouts? I can't recall you ever mentioning fish. Do you like fish?

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How about shredded cabbage (I put mine through the food processor, so it takes a moment, and ASDA also sell it ready-shredded if I'm being supremely lazy!), but bacon lardons, and an omelette?

Steam the cabbage, and drain well in a colander, or steam in a steamer. Meanwhile, drop the lardons into a frying pan and sweat them until cooked and all that lovely fat is released. Once cooked, add lardons, and tasty bacon fat to the cabbage and fold through to distribute the lardons and fat.

Make omelette, and serve together. Little impact on bloods, filling and very tasty.

Do you like spicy foods @ally1?

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ally1 - I have loads of gadgets I'm using more now than ever before. Do you have a food processor or steamer? If you don't have one already, I'd recommend you seriously consider a slow cooker as it makes so many things so easy to cook, and very, very cheap to run. i think Argos do one from about £10, that would hold plenty for one, and leftovers for a second day.

alliebee

What kind of meals do you fancy @ally1. I've noticed that lots of members have asked you or encouraged you to try..but reading through your posts recently you haven't said? Even meals you enjoyed before can be tweaked or adapted to be low carb. Could you post perhaps some of your favourite meals and maybe we can help you turn them into things you can eat? Id so like to help...and others will too I know

Reactions: 4 people

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
i love chips, potatoes, sweet things, bread lol
i love mince, sausages,fish and most vegetables