Burning scrotum

Atlas

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi everyone I'm new here. This is my first post and I'm looking forward to receiving some useful feed back from you kind people.

I understand burning scrotum is connected to my type 2 diabetes but have not been offered any treatment that gets rid of it; total fail with every prescription. My HBA1C is 6 and has been for the last 9 months; i.e. 3 x three monthly blood tests. It was thought that a high glucose level is causing the burning, but seems not.

Any help will be much appreciated as it's driving me round the bend!

Atlas

Reactions: 2 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hi atlas,welcome to the forum, i've not heard of burning scrotum before , are you on meds at the mo' ? If so what and when did it start?

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Sometimes Atlas it can be your sugars that can make genital areas itchy. Another possible cause is if you are passing glucose in your urine some of it can drip and encourage a bacterial or fungal infection. It is usually a minor fungal infection treated easily with Canesten. Infections are common in diabetics as pathogens need glucose to multiply and we diabetics are loaded with it lol

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
With an HbA1c so lovely and low, your BG is great. Unless you have high and low swings, rather than a steady middle of the range?

Has anyone ever considered that your symptoms aren't connected to diabetes?

A home remedy for thrush is to bathe the affected area with live natural yog. Bizarre, but true. A friend of mine swore by it. I'm sorry, but that is the only suggestion I can make, except to ask if there is any pattern to the burning sensation? After certain foods or drink? Times of day? After showering (might be shower gel), kind of thing.

Reactions: 4 people

Atlas

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi atlas,welcome to the forum, i've not heard of burning scrotum before , are you on meds at the mo' ? If so what and when did it start?

Hi Clive

The medication I'm taking is Metformin 500 mg twice a day for my type 2 diabetes...and a strict diet. Itching has been on and off for about a year. When its bad, its really bad, otherwise all is well. I've seen a consultant. His last words before signing me off were "this is a difficult one". You don't say LOL. My best effort so far has been to use Badedas original indulgent bath oil followed by Cuticura talcum powder (mildly medicated). This has had better results than any of the prescribed nasty chemical stuff (thinning of skin etc!)

Thanks

Atlas

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Hi Clive

Itchy scrotum is on the list of the problems with having type 2 diabetes. I read this on one of the legitimate forums; this one ! Diabetes UK if I remember correctly.

A

Atlas

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You haven't changed your usual soap or washing powder have you?

Hi Adrian

I've recently changed from Johnson's baby bath to Badedas bath oil with the addition of Cuticura talk to finish off. I thought baby bath would be completely benign.

A

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Adrian

I've recently changed from Johnson's baby bath to Badedas bath oil with the addition of Cuticura talk to finish off. I thought baby bath would be completely benign.

A
Try not using the Johnsons stuff and see if there is a difference. There are soaps out there that aren't perfumed or scented, maybe try one of those too.

Atlas

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
With an HbA1c so lovely and low, your BG is great. Unless you have high and low swings, rather than a steady middle of the range?

A home remedy for thrush is to bathe the affected area with live natural yog. Bizarre, but true. A friend of mine swore by it. I'm sorry, but that is the only suggestion I can make, except to ask if there is any pattern to the burning sensation? After certain foods or drink? Times of day? After showering (might be shower gel), kind of thing.

Thank you Brunneria. I'm happy with my recent effort so far (Badedas bath and Cuticura talk) but haven't been doing it long enough to recommend it to members. I'll report in if the results are favourable long term. One thing at a time for now. So far as I know my HbA1c is in fact an average/smoothed out result and is more accurate than the finger prick method. I assume that if my consultant said "this is a difficult one" and sent me on my way then it isn't connected to anything per se...great!

A

Last edited by a moderator:

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Hi everyone I'm new here. This is my first post and I'm looking forward to receiving some useful feed back from you kind people.

I understand burning scrotum is connected to my type 2 diabetes but have not been offered any treatment that gets rid of it; total fail with every prescription. My HBA1C is 6 and has been for the last 9 months; i.e. 3 x three monthly blood tests. It was thought that a high glucose level is causing the burning, but seems not.

Any help will be much appreciated as it's driving me round the bend!

Atlas
Interesting way to introduce yourself! :)

Hope you get it sorted.

Reactions: 7 people

Atlas

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

It's interesting that

Interesting way to introduce yourself! :)

Hope you get it sorted.

Yeah, zany introduction... see my other post...Life Expectancy ha ha.

I'll get it sorted if it kills me LOL. Sense of humour in overdrive, sorry.

A

Atlas

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have to say the responses to my first two posts have been tremendous. Happy days and looking forward to more help if needed.

Cheers

A

Reactions: 5 people
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Having suffered in the same way I can sympathise with your predicament.

I can only state that the condition improved greatly once my sugars were reduced to "normal" levels.

I am on the same medication as yourself and am careful with the diet.

It happens now and then but is under control and not a persistent nuisance.

As for cleaning agents, I can only suggest my own usage which is "Shield" soap but plenty of clean water to ensure the removal of any residues.

Another thing that my own doctor suggested was to wear soft boxer shorts rather than briefs to allow plenty of ventilation.

Finally, welcome to the forum, as another new boy to the affliction I too have benefited from the experiences of others here n the forum!

Please keep the old gentleman in mind "Percy Verance", it will pay dividends.

Regards, Peter.

Atlas

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Having suffered in the same way I can sympathise with your predicament.

I can only state that the condition improved greatly once my sugars were reduced to "normal" levels.

I am on the same medication as yourself and am careful with the diet.

It happens now and then but is under control and not a persistent nuisance.

As for cleaning agents, I can only suggest my own usage which is "Shield" soap but plenty of clean water to ensure the removal of any residues.

Another thing that my own doctor suggested was to wear soft boxer shorts rather than briefs to allow plenty of ventilation.

Finally, welcome to the forum, as another new boy to the affliction I too have benefited from the experiences of others here n the forum!

Please keep the old gentleman in mind "Percy Verance", it will pay dividends.

Regards, Peter.

Hi Peter

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm glad I'm not alone.Thankfully I'm getting to grips with it now. Yes, lowering sugars to normal levels is a very good idea. My HBA1C is 6, so very nearly there!

Cheers

A

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Good luck with sorting
Keep mentally seeing Jerry Lee Lewis singing "Goodness Gracious, Great Balls of Fire!":rolleyes: