Calling all lovers of & members from Cornwall.

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Mevagissy has a really good car park and a gentle stroll down to the quay, some interesting shops and some nice places to eat.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Cornwall in the rain is glorious.

It is the best time to swim in the sea, and the best time to be up on the moors too - providing you are inside a car!

If you don't want to be out and about in the weather (horizontal driving mizzle, penetrating damp, and salty mist), then hole up in a pub, cafe or tea room...

We always used to go to Liskeard swimming pool on wet days. - spent most of the summer school hols in Looe staying with my grandparents for about 15 years.
I'll have you know it never rains in Cornwall............. It's liquid sunshine :)

Reactions: 2 people

Jo123

Oh you are near Sennen Cove, you must drive there the beach is amazing particularly if the sun is shining. We rent a cottage there most years, there is a pub there which does great food, fresh fish, salads etc great for low carbing, also there is a little cafe on the waterfront which does nice coffee. You can do some fabulous walks along the cliffs there and we have seen basking sharks and dolphins swim along the bay several times. You must walk along the cliffs to Gwenver beach, beautiful beach with enormous waves, fun to take a lunch and watch if you don't fancy a swim. Mousehole is worth a visit, absoutely stunning fishing village.
We have our own wetsuits and body boards and spend hours in the sea body boarding, great fun gives you an enormous buzz!

Reactions: 4 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lanhydrock and Cotehele (both NT) would also be great for 'liquid sunshine' days.

One is a Tudor manor house (glorious) and the other is a Downton style (maybe a bit earlier) stately home.

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, we were planning to fly somewhere nice next month but I think we'll just take a backpack and head for Cornwall again

Reactions: 4 people

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Well, we were planning to fly somewhere nice next month but I think we'll just take a backpack and head for Cornwall again

I never need to go on holiday as live there :)

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
http://www.bodminjail.org/ Spine-chilling museum of despair which Mrs DeeJay refused to enter. Weirdly, you can get married there. Nearby is the much more friendly http://www.bodminrailway.co.uk/
I never need to go on holiday as live there :)
So far the emphasis has been on the pretty stuff. Should we mention Cornwall's true history? Worth reading up on the mining industry. What you won't see I'm afraid, @Alisonjane10, is this
2603_poldark_shirt_3246701b.jpg

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So @Alisonjane10 have you done it yet? How was it?
We've decided to spend a week in Cornwall at the end of the month starting at the Falcon, St Mawgan. Hope I don't regret my own advice.